Scientific Forums

Add reply Start new topic Start new poll

> What about yttrium hydride?, Full story at http://www.physorg.com/news2573.html
CactusCritter
Posted: Jan 11 2005, 11:01 PM

Advanced Member

Group: Members

Positive Feedback: 75%
Feedback Score: 5

http://www.physorg.com/news2573.html

During the Aircraft Nuclear Propulsion project, circa 1950s (long since declassified), yttrium hydride was used as a lightweight moderator. It coudl absorb large amounts of hydrogen and, IIRC, release said hydrogen.

Is the lack of current interest due simply to economic limitation associated with a rare-earth elemnet?
David49
Posted: Jan 14 2005, 08:30 AM

Positive Feedback: 100%
Feedback Score: 1

Mass may be the problem. Ni hydride is also a possibility as is a sodium aluminium hydride (recent in Nature) which will have a much lower mass for a given mass of hydrogen.
hawksecho
Posted: Oct 22 2008, 09:06 PM

Positive Feedback: 90.91%
Feedback Score: 10

I am not speaking here in a way that I hope will poison the body politic of our nation. Or any other nation for that matter. To answer my situation and address your questions, The compound you mention does have certain electromagnetic and combustion properties. I will take point out that any to manhandle the delegates to point. First. and I did not goggle anything here here. What can I add to this? "Y" Hydride"has certain in-ate patterns we have programed in certain physical materials. So we came up with an idea using hydride's It was a very "sweet" idea. Promulgated by a total idiot after which they couldn't pay you to park your car.
eyeque
Posted: Oct 23 2008, 09:46 AM

Advanced Member

Group: Power Member

Positive Feedback: 25.81%
Feedback Score: -53

I haven't tried Yit! Has this got to do something with that individual YitSuck ShameEar?

--------------------
X^z = [YES][YES][YES] + [YES^z]7 = SQUARE TEN

Topic Options

Add reply Start new topic Start new poll

Terms of use