Scientific Forums

Pages: (15) [1] 2 3 ... Last »  ( Go to first unread post )

Add reply Start new topic Start new poll

> God is a tachyon particle!
CubeStar
Posted: Dec 23 2004, 03:57 AM

Group: Members

Positive Feedback: 0%
Feedback Score: 0

I've long held the belief that God is a tachyon particle.

Now the tachyon is a theoretical particle that travels faster than the speed of light. As you may already know, nothing can accelerate and continue to accelerate to light speed or for that matter beyond, the energy required is infinite. But, I believe that faster than light speed IS possible, as long as acceleration is not used, but instead, instantaneous travel is employed i.e. worm holes or some such. A tachyon particle to travel faster than light MUST do so instantaneously. A tachyon particle could theoretically visit every point in the universe at the same time, simply because the time it takes it to reach any point is 0 (instantaneous travel!). So to reach ALL points in space the time would also be 0.

Now let's assume a technology was developed that could in fact detect tachyons. The device would detect countless tachyons in every direction. But those countless tachyons could just as easily be only the 1 (visiting every point in space-apparently at the same time!!). One tachyon particle is all that is required to fill the universe with tachyons. So one tachyon particle could be seen as omnipresent maybe even as God himself touching ALL matter.

cheers

Otisunzipped
Posted: Dec 23 2004, 01:24 PM

Unregistered

Very tachy
ARtone
Posted: Dec 23 2004, 01:39 PM

Advanced Member

Positive Feedback: 54.55%
Feedback Score: 2

Do you mean doesnt exist?
Matt
Posted: Dec 23 2004, 01:43 PM

Advanced Member

Positive Feedback: 100%
Feedback Score: 1

I like the turtle theory better.

maybe the turtles are tachons.
R Penner
  Posted: Dec 23 2004, 05:36 PM

Unregistered

Are these the Relativistic tachyons where v > c, imaginary rest mass, and the lower the energy, the higher the velocity.

i = sqrt(-1)

m_0 = i X

b = v/c ; b > 1

g = 1 / sqrt(1 - b^2) = i / sqrt( b ^ 2 - 1 )

momentum = p = g m_0 v = -X v / sqrt( b ^ 2 - 1 ) = -X c b / sqrt(b^2 - 1 )

E = g m_0 c^2 = -X c^2 / sqrt(b^2 - 1)

b = Infinity -> p = -1.0 c X -> E = 0

b = 128 -> p = -1.000030519c X -> E = -0.007812738 X c^2
b = 64 -> p = -1.000122093c X
b = 32 -> p = -1.000488639c X
b = 16 -> p = -1.001958866c X
b = 8 -> p = -1.007905261c X
b = 4 -> p = -1.032795559c X
b = 2 -> p = -1.154700538c X
b = 1.5 -> p = -1.341640786c X
b = 1.4 -> p = -1.428869017c X -> E = -1.020620726 X c^2
b = 1.3 -> p = -1.56501609c X
b = 1.2 -> p = -1.809068067c X
b = 1.1 -> p = -2.400396793c X-> E = -2.182178902 X c^2

God moves in a Mysterious Way

z
Posted: Dec 23 2004, 05:41 PM

Unregistered

HI,

If GOD exists, it can be anything it wants to be.

z
QuantaConcious
Posted: Jan 10 2005, 12:04 AM

God I believe is the probability of the universe, and the universe was created by probability. I believe you could be correct. Anything is possible depending on what point your looking from. In a sense I could say are consciousness consist of tachyons. I still have to study more about this particle. You to have a interesting view.
phice
Posted: Jan 10 2005, 05:37 AM

QUOTE (QuantaConcious @ Jan 9 2005, 07:04 PM)
I still have to study more about this particle.

The main thing to learn of tachyons is... they're someone's pipe dream.
the1physicist
Posted: Jan 10 2005, 01:32 PM

Advanced Member

Positive Feedback: 33.33%
Feedback Score: -1

Using the fact that god (if he even exists) is omnipresent to 'prove' that he is a tachyon particle is, IMHO, absurd. (no offense) There are many other ways he could accomplish this. The most probable way, IMHO, is if god were a four dimensional being. (spatial dimensions) Actually, it says in the bible something like "Who can understand the length, the width, the depth, and the breadth of god?" In a four dimensional universe, one can simultaneously see and/or be in every location and time in 3 dimensions. Just my opinion, though.

--------------------
*insert profound quote here*
Guest_QuantaConcious
Posted: Jan 10 2005, 02:09 PM

Unregistered

My theory says god is the beginning and the end point of time. Take time, it curves
it could do this till it forms a circle or a sphere in 3D. The connected point where the beginning and end meet create infinite string. So I say God is an infinite sphere of energy, and mathematical infinity of equations that ^ connects to matter for definition of its own existance through us, and other beings, and governs the universe (God) by infallible probability so it is not destroyed. Probability of the universe is how it became. The infinite sphere was created by probability. God is infinite,eternal, and is the connection or point between everything> spheres, energy and matter/ spirit and mind. A yin-yang for a continuum of yin-yangs.
realistic-idealist
Posted: Jan 10 2005, 04:51 PM

Unregistered

mr. the1physicist,

"Who can understand the length, the width, the depth, and the breadth of god?"

-before bibles were translated into modern times, breadth was the same thing as width. obviously, the shiny enhancement and continuous evolution of religious documents tries to keep ahead of the fact that a "god" doesn't exist and drives to thwart off the fact that humans made up religion and myth. hey, what can i say, humans create and destroy everything they believe in. without knowledge of history, how does a person know where they're going, especially if they can't SEE where they came from...?

a 4-dimensional being.... lol...

anyways, "theories" are up to ten or eleven dimensions already...

stay in "touch". ;]
the1physicist
Posted: Jan 10 2005, 08:22 PM

Advanced Member

a 4-dimensional being.... lol...
anyways, "theories" are up to ten or eleven dimensions already...
stay in "touch". ;]
I've said it before and I'll say it again: string theory's crap. I don't want to get off topic, so if you want to battle it out, create a separate topic. More importantly, if depth and breadth really are the same dimension, and it was simply mis-translated, why are they listed separately? It seems to me that they are different, and the fact that they're listed twice acts as a barrier to mis-translation. But enough about my opinions, lets keep this topic on topic.

--------------------
CubeStar
Posted: Jan 10 2005, 09:19 PM

It's interesting that no one has made comment on my point that if a tachyon particle traveled faster than light then the universe would appear to be flooded with tachyons, even though technically there only needs to be one!
God or no God!
the1physicist
Posted: Jan 10 2005, 10:12 PM

Advanced Member

That's assuming they exist. However, if they do, that would be correct.

--------------------
hmmm
Posted: Jan 10 2005, 11:35 PM

Unregistered

There is no GOD, there is no plan by a GOD, if this life is planned and everything happens for a reason, why do so many suffer? How can we accept that people suffer, watched by a greater entity. We live then we die like every other known organism, they wont have after lifes and why would we?

God is whats right by your heart, an achievement, a good gesture and hard work helping the less fortunate, NOT a tachyon particle!!!

Topic Options Pages: (15) [1] 2 3 ... Last »

Add reply Start new topic Start new poll

Terms of use