Scientific Forums

Pages: (5) « First ... 2 3 [4] 5   ( Go to first unread post )

Add reply · Start new topic · Start new poll

> Why do Creationist pick on Evolution, It's just one small peice of the puzzle
starnn
Posted: Apr 15 2006, 05:33 AM

Group: Members

Positive Feedback: 0%
Feedback Score: -1

Darwin probaly stumbled upon the remains of a subspecies that was created by UFO beings, for the purpose of servitude, much like slaves doing hard labor.
The UFO beings built the one original pryamid to house the subspecies, that were the result of genetic experiment between alien & apes. The subspecies became wise of the UFO beings not being gods at all and no longer fearing them, there was a revolt. Deadly radiation from the UFO spaceship killed off most of the subspecies and the original face of the Sphinx (being alien) was sheared off with a powerful laser and dropped on the planet Mars, as to erase evidence of such ever happening. The subspecies was no evolution of humankind. cool.gif
rpenner
Posted: Apr 15 2006, 06:10 AM

Fully Wired

Group: Moderators

Positive Feedback: 84.5%
Feedback Score: 397

QUOTE (starnn @ Apr 15 2006, 05:32 AM)
... mankind ever being a lesser being, which over time improved.

Actually this is a misconception of Darwinian evolution, which merely implied change, and an tendency for a better fit with the environment, not an general increase in intellectual or moral stature.

This is a common misperception because our species is the first to develop the methodology and record-keeping and science to piece together the evidence for evolution.

30 years ago, I would have said first intelligent or first with language, but http://www.gorilla.org/ field research has shown that Gorillas and other apes in the wild do have a gestural language.

--------------------
愛平兎仏主
"And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:7
It's just good Netiquette. Failing that, Chlorpromazine.
newguy
Posted: Apr 15 2006, 10:02 AM

A fisher of men.

Group: Power Member

Positive Feedback: 54.55%
Feedback Score: -106

GeneSplicer: Thanks for your civil, unemotional, non-reactionary response. I do recall the Al Gore conversations(now that you've refreshed my memory), but I was originally thinking more along the lines of the Creation/Evolution debates. Anyhow, thanks for your answer. As I said, I wasn't "picking a fight"...your recent comment just reminded me of some previously unasked/unanswered questions that I had in my head. By the way, I'm not really all that opposed to your "background checks". In a sense, I've done some of my own, but my "checks" have stayed within the confines of poster's own words throughout different threads. To say that I've found "inconsistencies"(blatant hypocrisy and double-speak) would be an understatement. Talk to you later.

--------------------
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent."
(John 17:3)
Steveo
Posted: Apr 17 2006, 05:34 AM

Advanced Member

Positive Feedback: 76.47%
Feedback Score: 22

Darwin probaly stumbled upon the remains of a subspecies that was created by UFO beings, for the purpose of servitude, much like slaves doing hard labor.
The UFO beings built the one original pryamid to house the subspecies, that were the result of genetic experiment between alien & apes. The subspecies became wise of the UFO beings not being gods at all and no longer fearing them, there was a revolt. Deadly radiation from the UFO spaceship killed off most of the subspecies and the original face of the Sphinx (being alien) was sheared off with a powerful laser and dropped on the planet Mars, as to erase evidence of such ever happening. The subspecies was no evolution of humankind.

Thanks man, you gave me a great laugh......

--------------------
"Physics is like sex: sure, it may give some practical results, but that's not why we do it."
"Physics is to math what sex is to masturbation."
"But I don't have to know an answer. I don't feel frightened by not knowing things, by being lost in the mysterious universe without having any purpose—which is the way it really is, as far as I can tell, possibly. It doesn't frighten me." - Richard Feynman
Mong H Tan, PhD
Posted: Apr 18 2006, 06:33 AM

Advanced Member

Positive Feedback: 21.88%
Feedback Score: -49

What a group of scientific minds, all from different disciplines of enquiry!

I’m a trained biologist; a pathologist in cancer research and biotechnology; and a freelance-independent philosopher of mind--the author of Gods, Genes, Conscience (iUniverse, January 2006) and a blog www.GodsGenesConscience.blogspot.com (February 2006)--and by chance, a few days ago, while discussing on the neuropsychophenomena (or the theory of mind) in Nature newsblog, I stumbled upon your nice Forum herein: Why do creationists pick on Evolution?

As my book’s self-explanatory subtitle suggests--A socio-intellectual survey of our dynamic mind, life, all creations in between and beyond, on Earth; or A critical reader’s theory of everything: past, present, future; in continuum, ad infinitum--perhaps I would be able to brief and enlighten you all on the above question, based on my observations of the Affair, in the fields of my current studies--Evolutionary Biology and Human Psychology, including Gods, Genes, Conscience, etc.

1) The theory of Evolution: Since the publication of Charles Darwin’s The Origin of Species (1859), Darwinism--the scientific spirits (or empiricism) of the 19th-century British naturalist-biologist, intellectual and spiritual (but not anti-religionism)--has had thrown a new light (or Evolution) into all of our human enquiries on this planet Earth, including theology, the relationship between “Man and God;” although the mechanisms of Evolution of each entity would vary--eg, that of cosmos, life, mind, atoms, molecules, planets, gods, etc--depending on each intrinsic properties (or propensities) and its immediate surrounding extrinsic factors (or opportunities) in the environment--or the STEM matrix, the active, creative, interactive, dynamic system of space, time, energy, and matter Universe, that I’ve had explored extensively and intensively in my book mentioned above.

2) The mutation of Darwinism: By the process of pure intellectualism, what I mean is the metaphysics of Darwinism into anti-Darwinism, or metaphysical Evolutionism, or Genetic Determinism to be exact, that has had been propagated in the 1976 Richard Dawkins’ bestseller The Selfish Gene; wherein the then young-aggressive British ethologist--one who studies animal behaviorism--took a leap of faith, by mistranslating Darwinism into a robotic Genetic Determinism (in which Gene is the determining-replicating activator, therefore he dubbed the Selfish Gene!), while without realizing that in reality (or Evolutionary Biology) genes are more opportunistic than deterministic, as defined in The theory of Evolution above.

Furthermore, this leap of faith in misconceiving Darwinism, is quite similar to the renowned American entomologist (one who studies insects) Edward Wilson, the Harvard ant-expert’s publication of Sociobiology: The New Synthesis (1975); in which the good old “ant-ethologist” attempted to translate the insect behaviorism into that of humanity, or Wilson’s “human-ant-ism” as sociobiology; and caused quite a stir--and a vehement rejection--among the US academic sociologists, humanists, scientific, religious, or otherwise!

3) The attack on Darwinism (or Evolution): Likewise, the publication of The Selfish Gene has had also created an upheaval in the common psyche worldwide, especially in the minds of the religious US; who have had since found Richard Dawkins and his groupies, a pebble in their sneaker-shoes, as well as an Achilles’ heel in Darwinism--as exemplified by the Dawkins’ metaphysical Evolutionism, or robo-Genetic Determinism--for the Intelligent Design (ID) “sneakers” to attack; and to keep trying to sneak their ID neocreationism into the biology curricula, as an alternate theory to the Darwin’s Evolution!

No doubt, this ID sneaking action, has had also been emboldened by the publication of the reputed American biochemist-neocreationist Michael Behe’s 1996 bestseller Darwin’s Black Box: The Biochemical Challenge to Evolution; wherein his very self-defeatist (unscientific) argument of “irreducible complexity” of the functional biomolecules (and thus the supernatural creation of life) has since formed the thesis of the ID neocreationism, as an anti-Darwinism or anti-Evolution alternate! Meanwhile, without a full comprehension of the forces of religionism--the frontal attacks on Darwinism or Evolution by the neocreationists--Dawkins has had since been painting himself (with his own Evolutionism) into an “anti-religionism” corner, so to speak!

4) The current state of the Affair: In the final analysis, all this Affair would eventually come to naught, but just an exercise in extreme intellectualism of the elites, that I’ve had characterized as Scientism vs. Religionism listed in my blog mentioned above. However, please stay tuned nonetheless, as there may be more attacks and counterattacks in this Evolutionism vs. Creationism pipeline, ad absurdum. As my book and blog titles suggest, we should all come into dialogues, instead keep firing off senseless attacks on each other’s nonsense. This is because both the neocreationists’ supernatural Intelligent Design, and the Dawkins’ robo-Genetic Determinism are all self-defeatist, unscientific, and metaphysical thinkings; speculations that are all unproven, and cannot be falsified by any empiricisms necessary, in the enquiries of our human condition and existence on Earth, as well as in the Universe above and beyond!

Thank you for your kind attention and cooperation in this matter.

Sincerely, Mong 4/18/6usct1:33a; author Gods, Genes, Conscience (iUniverse, January 2006) and www.GodsGenesConscience.blogspot.com

--------------------
1) “Gods, Genes, Conscience: Global Dialogues Now” a simple blog "Wishing all of us, living in harmony, creatively and constructively, in this beautiful World of Today and beyond—we Each are primed by our shared DNA and associated Molecules, having only one Life to live; one Heart to beat and love; one Mind to cherish responsibly worldwide. Thank you."

2) “Gods, Genes, Conscience” a 2006 book with self-explanatory subtitle “A Socio-Intellectual Survey of our Dynamic Mind, Life, all Creations in Between and Beyond, on Earth—or, A Critical Reader’s Theory of Everything: Past, Present, Future; in Continuum, ad Infinitum” will guide Readers to your own soul-searching Answers to the who/what/where/when/why/how Inquiries of the origins/creations/meanings of our life/mind/intelligence/compassion/selves, etc on Earth, today and beyond.

3) “Decoding Scientism” a book I’m working on now since July 2007; meanwhile wishing all “Happy reading, scrutinizing, enlightening at all times!”
Knot of this world
Posted: Apr 18 2006, 11:29 AM

Advanced Member

Positive Feedback: 72.73%
Feedback Score: 5

Lovely, Mr. Mong!

On another site, I have been trying to discuss a similar dichotomy, that of how 'Consciousness' fits into the Physical world...

http://www.physics-philosophy-metaphysics....m/about411.html

...please scroll to the last post. It would be nice to hear what you might make of it all?

Thanks for your time,

Knot.

--------------------
My purpose is to Untie myself, and Unite where I can...
Mong H Tan, PhD
Posted: Apr 19 2006, 05:45 PM

Advanced Member

Dear Knot of this World: Wow, that is a very profound, deep, philosophical thought!

I particularly liked the concluding remark, with a minor edition that now reads as follows: You don’t need to be a genius to [experience] the One True Reality [Consciousness-Connectivity]--even though you may need to be [one,] to describe it!

Now, let me elaborate a bit herein: First, I prefer the verb “experience” to “understand,” because this verb is free-ranging, while even without our--or any sentient being’s--knowing or comprehending the process of Consciousness-Connectivity (such as, in the practice of meditation, prayers); whereas the verb “understand” may imply that the experiencing subject would know, comprehend, and therefore be able to explain or describe it, if one is to retain that Memory of Consciousness-Connectivity.

Secondly, by modern quantum mechanics of the WSM (wave structure of matter) definition, Consciousness is only a mental state that enables us--or any sentient being--to modulate our Memories-Experiences within in our body and mind; whereas our Memory Modulation is also a mental process that gives rise to our sense of being, feeling, awareness, and liveliness--or simply put, the Consciousness-Connectivity, that you are pondering above.

I hope I’m not sounding too metaphysical herein, as all these philosophies took me almost 15 years to ponder and write in a book Gods, Genes, Conscience (iUniverse, January 2006), so as for me to understand it, to explain and describe it scientifically or quantum mechanically at the particle-wave function level in our brain--although psychologically I did claim myself to be a “generic” genius, so that any readers, writers, who would put their hearts and minds to it, could also become geniuses by their critical reading and writing, just as you are doing above!

Furthermore, if you could look at the Frontispiece (A Theory of Everything!?) in my book, you probably would arrive at the scientific basis or neurological empiricism of my new, unified, Universal Theory of Mind (book chapter 15), that I’ve had conceived, all based on the analytical scholarships of all the past and present great thinkers, philosophers, combined, scientific and religious; including especially those of Jung, Freud, Einstein, Darwin, Newton, et al, among others in the world past, today and beyond! At your convenience, perhaps you would consider a review of my book for the keen readership herein, and therein you listed above.

Thank you for your kind attention and cooperation in this matter. Happy reading and scrutinizing!

Sincerely, Mong 4/19/6usct12:45p; author Gods, Genes, Conscience (iUniverse, January 2006) and My Webpage (February 2006)

--------------------
1) “Gods, Genes, Conscience: Global Dialogues Now” a simple blog "Wishing all of us, living in harmony, creatively and constructively, in this beautiful World of Today and beyond—we Each are primed by our shared DNA and associated Molecules, having only one Life to live; one Heart to beat and love; one Mind to cherish responsibly worldwide. Thank you."

2) “Gods, Genes, Conscience” a 2006 book with self-explanatory subtitle “A Socio-Intellectual Survey of our Dynamic Mind, Life, all Creations in Between and Beyond, on Earth—or, A Critical Reader’s Theory of Everything: Past, Present, Future; in Continuum, ad Infinitum” will guide Readers to your own soul-searching Answers to the who/what/where/when/why/how Inquiries of the origins/creations/meanings of our life/mind/intelligence/compassion/selves, etc on Earth, today and beyond.

3) “Decoding Scientism” a book I’m working on now since July 2007; meanwhile wishing all “Happy reading, scrutinizing, enlightening at all times!”
Knot of this world
Posted: Apr 20 2006, 08:18 AM

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Mong H Tan @ PhD,Apr 19 2006, 05:45 PM)
Dear Knot of this World: Wow, that is a very profound, deep, philosophical thought!

I particularly liked the concluding remark, with a minor edition that now reads as follows: You don’t need to be a genius to [experience] the One True Reality [Consciousness-Connectivity]--even though you may need to be [one,] to describe it!

Now, let me elaborate a bit herein: First, I prefer the verb “experience” to “understand,” because this verb is free-ranging, while even without our--or any sentient being’s--knowing or comprehending the process of Consciousness-Connectivity (such as, in the practice of meditation, prayers); whereas the verb “understand” may imply that the experiencing subject would know, comprehend, and therefore be able to explain or describe it, if one is to retain that Memory of Consciousness-Connectivity.

Secondly, by modern quantum mechanics of the WSM (wave structure of matter) definition, Consciousness is only a mental state that enables us--or any sentient being--to modulate our Memories-Experiences within in our body and mind; whereas our Memory Modulation is also a mental process that gives rise to our sense of being, feeling, awareness, and liveliness--or simply put, the Consciousness-Connectivity, that you are pondering above.

I hope I’m not sounding too metaphysical herein, as all these philosophies took me almost 15 years to ponder and write in a book Gods, Genes, Conscience (iUniverse, January 2006), so as for me to understand it, to explain and describe it scientifically or quantum mechanically at the particle-wave function level in our brain--although psychologically I did claim myself to be a “generic” genius, so that any readers, writers, who would put their hearts and minds to it, could also become geniuses by their critical reading and writing, just as you are doing above!

Furthermore, if you could look at the Frontispiece (A Theory of Everything!?) in my book, you probably would arrive at the scientific basis or neurological empiricism of my new, unified, Universal Theory of Mind (book chapter 15), that I’ve had conceived, all based on the analytical scholarships of all the past and present great thinkers, philosophers, combined, scientific and religious; including especially those of Jung, Freud, Einstein, Darwin, Newton, et al, among others in the world past, today and beyond!  At your convenience, perhaps you would consider a review of my book for the keen readership herein, and therein you listed above.

Thank you for your kind attention and cooperation in this matter.  Happy reading and scrutinizing!

Sincerely, Mong 4/19/6usct12:45p; author Gods, Genes, Conscience (iUniverse, January 2006) and My Webpage (February 2006)

Hello Mr. Mong,

Thank you for taking the time to look and read! I shall do the same for you.
I have bookmarked your http://www.godsgenesconscience.blogspot.com/ (worth another link!), and will return with a comment soon...

I don't know whether you had the chance to search more of the WSM site, but I recommend that you do! It is a very fine 'explanation' of the Dynamic Unity of Reality, and for me, and an ever growing number of prominent peoples, it is the closest yet that Humanity has come to describing its own existence, outside of a 'Spiritual domain'.

What I like about the whole thing the most, is the possibility it provides for Unifying ALL subjective thoughts, and thus making them a 'One objective reality'. (If there truely is a 'One True Reality', then it must necessarily have a connection to the understandings/experiences of ALL things, 'Spiritual AND Physical', and WSM is the only 'theory' that provides this.)

Because of the Nature of the 'findings', I feel that you most definitely have a valid point, regarding my statement. 'Experience', in the 'Spiritual' sense, would be a very apt description, however, the 'new' realisation that WSM brings, also makes the description 'quantifiable', and therefore 'understandable' also.
And so, I would like to offer a compromise that should more accurately suit our respective positions, that of:_

"You don't need to be a 'genius' to experience an understanding of the One True Reality (according to WSM), even though you may need to be one to describe it!"

Underlying all the 'science', is a more profound statement still. That of Unity among peoples, and the necessary urgency of understanding and accepting each other. I feel that 'Globalisation' may provide a platform for this, in the future, but that this will have to be 'managed' much more efficiently, and empathetically, than it currently is, to avoid unnecessary conflict.
A True understanding about the Dynamic Unity of Reality in all things will help this cause, but ultimately it is up to the individual, to acheive this level of acceptance in themselves, before they can understand how they affect the larger Society, Humanity, and 'Life', as a whole. Thus, we have to learn how to avoid the conflict within ourselves, before we can avoid conflict with others.
For me, 'connectivity' is a major 'key' in unlocking this puzzle, and Jung was a man of great knowledge in this area...If only he had known about the WSM!!!

Anyway, I digress, but I will certainly give your website some attention, although you must understand that I will be keeping the WSM in mind while I do!

Thank you for the opportunity to explain myself! This is the link to the 'basics' of WSM...

http://www.spaceandmotion.com/

...which is actually quite simple (as you would expect 'One thing' to be!), just needs some contemplation (ironically, 'time'!) for the mind to adjust to new ways of thinking...

All the best,
Steve.

--------------------
Mong H Tan, PhD
Posted: Apr 20 2006, 06:20 PM

Advanced Member

Well said, Steve! smile.gif

Best wishes, Mong 4/20/6usct1:20p; author Gods, Genes, Conscience and Global Dialogues 2006

--------------------

Knot of this world
Posted: Apr 22 2006, 10:05 AM

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Mong H Tan, PhD @ Apr 20 2006, 06:20 PM)
Well said, Steve! smile.gif

Best wishes, Mong 4/20/6usct1:20p; author Gods, Genes, Conscience and Global Dialogues 2006

Thank you!

I had a quick scan, and got half way through the first chapter (online). Looks very interesting! At some point I will try and get hold of a full copy.

Well done!
It looks as though you have put much time and effort into the book. Some very interesting subjects in there, and it appears to be a very objective look at what most people would consider the 'subjectiveness' of it all!

I'll read further when I can, and grab a copy soon!

Best of luck with it!

Steve.

P.S. What do you think of Jean Gebser, by the way?

--------------------
Mong H Tan, PhD
Posted: Apr 24 2006, 05:55 PM

Advanced Member

Well said again, Steve! smile.gif smile.gif

Regarding the German linguist-poet Jean Gebser (1905-73): I would characterize him as an aspiring philosopher of “consciousness”--although his seminal work The Everpresent Origin was indeed attempted to define and establish an “evolutionary theory” of consciousness, by his metaphysical analysis, synthesis of the then known (up to mid 20th century) tumultuous European history of philosophy and humanity!

As such, and comparatively, Gebser’s budding theory of the “integral structure of consciousness”--from the origin (latency of consciousness, archaic-concealing) to the spiritual (transparency of consciousness, truth-revealing)--had had been overshadowed by the works of the more dynamic duo--the Swiss psychiatrist Carl Jung (1875-1961) and the Austrian psychiatrist Sigmund Freud (1856-1939)--especially by their rivaling "theories" of the human mind and consciousness of their days--with Jungian being extrinsically spiritual, the collective consciousness, connectivity, synchronicity, etc; while Freudian being intrinsically sexual, narcissistic, the unconscious self, id, ego, etc.

In retrospect, and most noteworthily, all these “theories” of consciousness, thoughts, and writings were merely metaphysical, if not philosophical, in nature--even though both the Jungian and Freudian writings of consciousness (albeit spirituality and sexuality respectively) have had achieved more psychological impacts on readers (even today), than Gebser’s aspiring scholarship and insights of consciousness of the time!

Furthermore, being a trained biologist-pathologist, I tend to see everything in terms of a Darwinian lens, or empiricism with an Occam’s Razor, so to speak. When you have had a chance of finishing, reading my book, my Universal Theory of Mind should complement your understanding of the Infinite One--as the WSM understanding of our mind is only half of the unified Reality!--and it will eventually give you a sense of the Consciousness-Connectivity in our brain and mind seamlessly, just as you have had expressed elsewhere above, in and by a symbol of the Lemniscate (or Lemniscus in my book)!

Thank you for your kind attention and cooperation in this matter. Happy reading and scrutinizing!

Best wishes, Mong 4/24/6usct12:55p; author Gods, Genes, Conscience and Gods, Genes, Conscience: Global Dialogues 2006

--------------------

Knot of this world
Posted: Apr 25 2006, 10:18 PM

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Mong H Tan @ PhD,Apr 24 2006, 05:55 PM)
Well said again, Steve! smile.gif smile.gif

Regarding the German linguist-poet Jean Gebser (1905-73): I would characterize him as an aspiring philosopher of “consciousness”--although his seminal work The Everpresent Origin was indeed attempted to define and establish an “evolutionary theory” of consciousness, by his metaphysical analysis, synthesis of the then known (up to mid 20th century) tumultuous European history of philosophy and humanity!

As such, and comparatively, Gebser’s budding theory of the “integral structure of consciousness”--from the origin (latency of consciousness, archaic-concealing) to the spiritual (transparency of consciousness, truth-revealing)--had had been overshadowed by the works of the more dynamic duo--the Swiss psychiatrist Carl Jung (1875-1961) and the Austrian psychiatrist Sigmund Freud (1856-1939)--especially by their rivaling "theories" of the human mind and consciousness of their days--with Jungian being extrinsically spiritual, the collective consciousness, connectivity, synchronicity, etc; while Freudian being intrinsically sexual, narcissistic, the unconscious self, id, ego, etc.

In retrospect, and most noteworthily, all these “theories” of consciousness, thoughts, and writings were merely metaphysical, if not philosophical, in nature--even though both the Jungian and Freudian writings of consciousness (albeit spirituality and sexuality respectively) have had achieved more psychological impacts on readers (even today), than Gebser’s aspiring scholarship and insights of consciousness of the time!

Furthermore, being a trained biologist-pathologist, I tend to see everything in terms of a Darwinian lens, or empiricism with an Occam’s Razor, so to speak.  When you have had a chance of finishing, reading my book, my Universal Theory of Mind should complement your understanding of the Infinite One--as the WSM understanding of our mind is only half of the unified Reality!--and it will eventually give you a sense of the Consciousness-Connectivity in our brain and mind seamlessly, just as you have had expressed elsewhere above, in and by a symbol of the Lemniscate (or Lemniscus in my book)!

Thank you for your kind attention and cooperation in this matter.  Happy reading and scrutinizing!

Best wishes, Mong 4/24/6usct12:55p; author Gods, Genes, Conscience and Gods, Genes, Conscience: Global Dialogues 2006

Hello Mong,

Thank you for your comments on Gebser. There seems to be a growing interest in his work once again. He appears to be one of these 'outsiders', from today's viewpoint.
I've been reading Jung for the last couple of years, and can relate to your work more readily from this perspective, but also many of the 'fringe' thinkers appeal to me; Gurdjieff/Ouspensky, for example, as well as some recent 'Zen' - 'Tao' discoveries ('Insights').

'Words' in books are like glimpses of other peoples' dreams. I think the 'trick' is to see the words as merely words, and define your own interpretation from them. We do this anyway, but to put all the importance on the 'word', is to leave it with a rather flat, 2-dimensional aspect, where a personal interpretation gives us a 3-d 'viewing' with colour (and emotion?). I think everything is metaphor, until it 'clicks' with some Universal Truth inside of us, and as we are all unique, so our personal perspectives will also be, even if they all point to the same One Thing!

I think you are very wise to take the Darwinian approach, and I'm sure there is much more work to be done in this area! As you will have no doubt observed, people are still having difficulty, even with something as basic and obvious as evolution, and I think our 'spiritual side' has itself to blame for this, for being too rigid (Read: 'Scared to let go of wealth and power.') to move with the times...(I should say 'go with the flow', rather, according to WSM theory!). And yes, I agree, the 'science' is only half the story! Clearly, there needs to be some meeting of interests, if we truely intend to see the Big picture? From what i've read of your work, so far, it would appear to do just that!

Anyway, I look forward to reading the rest of your book, and wish you the best of luck with it!

Steve.

--------------------
Mong H Tan, PhD
Posted: Apr 26 2006, 06:21 AM

Advanced Member

Thank you, Steve! smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif

Happy reading and scrutinizing!

Best wishes, Mong 4/26/6usct1:21a; author Gods, Genes, Conscience and Gods, Genes, Conscience: Global Dialogues 2006

--------------------

Mong H Tan, PhD
Posted: Apr 29 2006, 08:15 PM

Advanced Member

Dear readers: I just discovered another discussion on Evolutionism vs Creationism in the UK. I posted my comments therein on April 29, 2006. Happy reading and scrutinizing!

Best wishes, Mong 4/29/6usct3:15p; author Gods, Genes, Conscience and Gods, Genes, Conscience: Global Dialogues 2006

--------------------

armed reaper
Posted: May 13 2006, 04:14 PM

Positive Feedback: 0%
Feedback Score: -1

QUOTE (Thomas the Gardener @ Mar 10 2006, 08:10 PM)
Why is this debate mostly present in America?
Since when has it taken this sheer size? Why?
Has it always been present in this society?
What's its history?
Why now and not 10 years earlier or later?
Has it anything to do with economics? World politics? Nation politics? Why?
Is it linked to the rise of technologies and/or the internet? How?
Why does it focus on evolution and not the rest of science? (credit to Wallace)
Does it have precedents in this society? In other societies?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Puritan
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scopes_monkey_trial
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manifest_destiny

User posted image

America is, and has always been run by Christian Zealots. You will never get elected to office unless you are Christian. It started with the puritans. No one took witch burning as far as we did. But it has lasted. We've finally started to pull away from it. We are finally starting to practice what we've preached about religious freedom. Society is shifting, and they are trying to stop it.

Did you know that Darwin waited to release his belief in evolution because he knew that it would be the bloodiest century, and it was, two world wars, the cold war, vietnam, all of it because he released his findings.

I dare you to say its false, because your great darwin was the one who knew, he even wrote it down and released a book along with his findings.

Topic Options Pages: (5) « First ... 2 3 [4] 5 

Add reply · Start new topic · Start new poll

Terms of use