Scientific Forums

Pages: (2) 1 [2]   ( Go to first unread post )

Add reply Start new topic Start new poll

> Which direction?
Why Not?
Posted: Mar 15 2006, 04:14 AM

Advanced Member

Group: Power Member

Positive Feedback: 53.33%
Feedback Score: 1

Hey Knot of this World, et al.

In slightly different terms, you could say that the nature should obey parity conservation (mirror symmetry). Looking at the spin of the Earth from the North Pole should yield the same physical results as looking at the Earth from the South Pole with the exception of the change of sign in one of the coordinates. The laws of physics should be invariant to your frame of reference, North looking South and vice versa. It should be a simple matter of choosing your coordinates. The math should always work out the same. But the weak force does not obey mirror symmetry! CP is violated and matter is produced in a greater quantity than antimatter. So from a certain perspective, there is a privileged frame of reference out there and it favors right-handedness (or left-handedness if your looking in a mirror!)

--------------------
Nothing is certain.
Knot of this world
Posted: Mar 15 2006, 11:13 PM

Advanced Member

Group: Members

Positive Feedback: 72.73%
Feedback Score: 5

QUOTE (Why Not? @ Mar 15 2006, 04:14 AM)
Hey Knot of this World, et al.

In slightly different terms, you could say that the nature should obey parity conservation (mirror symmetry). Looking at the spin of the Earth from the North Pole should yield the same physical results as looking at the Earth from the South Pole with the exception of the change of sign in one of the coordinates. The laws of physics should be invariant to your frame of reference, North looking South and vice versa. It should be a simple matter of choosing your coordinates. The math should always work out the same. But the weak force does not obey mirror symmetry! CP is violated and matter is produced in a greater quantity than antimatter. So from a certain perspective, there is a privileged frame of reference out there and it favors right-handedness (or left-handedness if your looking in a mirror!)

Hi,

The moment you 'choose your coordinates' you express a Human judgement, which is irrelevant when trying to describe Extra-Human phenomena.

Likewise, left-handedness, or right-handedness have no relevance to Universal Truth.

We attempt to describe one single perspective, with the use of another single perspective, and keep arguing about 'our personal perspectives' when they are irrelevant to the larger Truth, which is Universal, and beyond Human judgement.

Things are what they are. Not just what Humans think they are!

S.

--------------------
My purpose is to Untie myself, and Unite where I can...
Knot of this world
Posted: May 13 2006, 11:03 PM

Advanced Member

Yes, I think there is only one 'direction' in Reality, that of evolution, which is 'forwards'.

k.

--------------------
Nick
Posted: May 13 2006, 11:58 PM

-- LIGHT FELL --

Positive Feedback: 58.82%
Feedback Score: -40

QUOTE (Knot of this world @ May 13 2006, 11:03 PM)
Yes, I think there is only one 'direction' in Reality, that of evolution, which is 'forwards'.

k.

That is right. The arrow of time isn't a relative thing. It goes forward no matter which direction you travel.
Knot of this world
Posted: May 15 2006, 09:16 AM

Advanced Member

Well, I don't really believe in 'time' as such.

There is ongoing movement, which certainly IS relative to individual perspective. Hence the infinite number of ways to describe the One thing.

k.

--------------------

Topic Options Pages: (2) 1 [2] 

Add reply Start new topic Start new poll

Terms of use