[Moderstor: All posts by this individual to be removed.]

This post has been edited by rpenner on Apr 26 2012, 07:54 PM
Mekigal
Posted: Apr 26 2012, 07:16 PM

Advanced Member

Group: Power Member

Positive Feedback: 0%
Feedback Score: 0

Looks like slaves . Slave mentality . I didn't know that about Islam ? I guess I should of considering the kind of governments that are in the Home land . How do you Muslims like being slaves ? You all good with that ? Don't you want to be free ? I will save you a place in the World #### fest coming up some time soon . Freedom Freedom .

Why would any woman want to be a Muslim ? I can understand the desire for fresh Meat of a Muslims sexuality , but to be a Slave ? I can't relate . I feel enslaved enough in American culture . Don't you want to be free like a bird fly high in paradise ?
You men are you not tired of the pressure to live up to your duties ? Don't you get performance anxieties ?
andree
Posted: Apr 28 2012, 07:43 PM

Where freedom of opinion?
Where freedom of belief?
I feel very contradictory
This proves your side of the deep hostility to Islam
[Moderator: Your stated opinion is that nothing happens that isn't the will of the Creator. You have been banned for making unsupported authoritarian claims and not engaging in scientific discussion. This does not require you to change your opinion or belief. Nor have you demonstrated any hostility to Islam, in that there are something like a billion adherents to Islam, and my problem is with only you and your repeated behavior. In addition to it's obvious parochialism of substituting authoritarian claims for ethical argument, this threat nowhere investigates the topic of the subforum, evidence and arguments for and against the Creation stories of various religions and the 1859 theory of common descent with modification by means of natural selection favoring heritable variations in populations that statically confer differential benefits in reproductive success.]

This post has been edited by rpenner on Apr 29 2012, 07:00 PM
Robittybob1
Posted: Apr 28 2012, 08:58 PM

Advanced Member

QUOTE (andree @ Apr 28 2012, 07:43 PM)
Where freedom of belief?

The mere fact you are still posting shows our love. So discuss something, and you will see you do have freedom to express an opinion.
Whitewolf4869
Posted: Apr 28 2012, 10:01 PM

Advanced Member

Where freedom of belief?

I live in Canada.
Recently Four beautiful young woman where found dead in a submerged car in the Redeau canal in Kingston Ontario
They had aprantly gone against middle east custom and dishonored there family by embracing Canadian society where woman have the freedm of choice.
There punishment was death at the hands of there father mother and brothers.

Now let's talk about freedom!

This post has been edited by Whitewolf4869 on Apr 28 2012, 10:21 PM

--------------------
Flyingbuttressman
A pillar in the house of GOD
White wolf has spoken!
El_Machinae
Posted: Apr 28 2012, 11:51 PM

Advanced Member

Positive Feedback: 87.76%
Feedback Score: 54

Where freedom of belief?

Keep in mind that we get a lot of religious people in this forum who are very anti-science. Some people think that the Quran also denies evolution (etc.) and your posting makes us think you are one of those people.

--------------------
Stanford University's YouTube playlists, cleverly arranged by seminar topic. Free!
http://www.youtube.com/user/StanfordUniversity/playlists
Self-improvement is intentional and iterative
andree
Posted: Apr 29 2012, 06:38 PM

Want to talk about freedom
Please return all articles here

[Moderator: Banned for making unsupported authoritarian claims and not engaging in scientific discussion. ]

This post has been edited by rpenner on Apr 29 2012, 07:01 PM
El_Machinae
Posted: Apr 30 2012, 01:10 PM

Advanced Member

I get the feeling that you're (andree) not reading our replies anyway.

--------------------
Stanford University's YouTube playlists, cleverly arranged by seminar topic. Free!
Quantum_Conundrum
Posted: May 26 2012, 12:58 AM

Advanced Member

Positive Feedback: 30.43%
Feedback Score: -123

QUOTE (Whitewolf4869 @ Apr 28 2012, 05:01 PM)
I live in Canada.
Recently Four beautiful young woman where found dead in a submerged car in the Redeau canal in Kingston Ontario
They had aprantly gone against middle east custom and dishonored there family by embracing Canadian society where woman have the freedm of choice.
There punishment was death at the hands of there father mother and brothers.

Now let's talk about freedom!

I'm not a muslim. I'm just commenting on the thread.

Yet we're supposed to believe that only some "fringe elements" of Islam are evil, and everyone else involved in it is a "moderate".

This behavior is inexcusable.

Not that the American system of marriage is perfect, because its' far from it.

Arranged marriages actually could have some benefits, if consent and free will were ultimately allowed to trump such arrangements. It could provide a framework of family and relationships that some people would otherwise struggle with.

Do you think humans were "meant" to be alone for half their life, or wander through broken relationships year after year, as many people do? I don't think so.

We now spend the first 1/3rd of our lives in full time formal education, and yet it's not enough, and then you spend the first half of your career paying for your education.

Where does anyone have room for real relationships any more? It's a self defeating system.

What is "freedom"?

If your definition of personal freedom based on your goals contradicts my definition of my personal freedom, then one or the other or both of us is a slave.

Marriage is a perfect example.

Two guys genuinely love the same girl, but only one get her, and she doesn't know the other exists....

"Freedom" does not exist for the second person.

What about the victims of murder or rape, such as those four women? They have no freedom. They are a slave to the perpetrator.

True freedom does not exist. It is a fairy tale. An illusion.

"proud to be an American, where at least I know I'm free..."

Oh really?

Hey I got the t-shirt too...

But are we really free? Hardly.

I get to vote, but I don't get to choose who the candidates are.

If nothing else, Americans are actually enslaved by the "promise" of freedom itself.

But I guess some systems are worse than others, both regarding marriage or anything else in life.
flyingbuttressman
Posted: May 26 2012, 01:07 AM

noblesse oblige / nullius in verba

Positive Feedback: 68.66%
Feedback Score: 166

QUOTE (Quantum_Conundrum @ May 25 2012, 08:58 PM)
Yet we're supposed to believe that only some "fringe elements" of Islam are evil, and everyone else involved in it is a "moderate".

Christianity too, bud.
El_Machinae
Posted: May 26 2012, 12:28 PM

Advanced Member

I would say that's the description of "most of society", honestly.

--------------------
Quantum_Conundrum
Posted: May 26 2012, 03:52 PM

Advanced Member

Positive Feedback: 30.43%
Feedback Score: -123

QUOTE (flyingbuttressman @ May 25 2012, 08:07 PM)
Christianity too, bud.

Perhaps, but there is a difference.

As screwed up as it is, denominationalism happened in Christianity, in many cases, because people recognize a wrong direction in the parent body, and are attempting to correct it.

I have openly condemned the Inquisition and a great many other things that people did "in the name of God" or "in the name of Jesus".

I'm not making a joke or excuse for it, but even in the Bible it's clearly seen that the "devil" goes to church too. Man made organizations are best corrupted from within.

People have different experiences. One person's freedom interferes with another's freedom, even when no "evil" is done, as I showed above.

Even if you prove an objective standard of morality to someone, you cannot force them to obey it, and certainly the Old Testament approach or the Inquisition approach is just as screwed up in some cases as the "evils" it was trying to prevent. Really, the Inquisition was just plain evil to begin with, and the result of a totally corrupted and misguided understanding of the Bible, combined with a backdrop of confusion and superstitions about Jews and other groups.

Had the hypocrites read their own Bible a time or two, they would have found this:

Romans 11;

16For if the firstfruit be holy, the lump is also holy: and if the root be holy, so are the branches.

17And if some of the branches be broken off, and thou, being a wild olive tree, wert grafted in among them, and with them partakest of the root and fatness of the olive tree;

18Boast not against the branches. But if thou boast, thou bearest not the root, but the root thee.

19Thou wilt say then, The branches were broken off, that I might be grafted in.

20Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear:

21For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee.

22Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off.

23 And they also, if they abide not still in unbelief, shall be grafted in: for God is able to graft them in again.

24For if thou wert cut out of the olive tree which is wild by nature, and wert grafted contrary to nature into a good olive tree: how much more shall these, which be the natural branches, be grafted into their own olive tree?

25For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.

26And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:

27For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.

28As concerning the gospel, they are enemies for your sakes: but as touching the election, they are beloved for the father's sakes.

29For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance.

30For as ye in times past have not believed God, yet have now obtained mercy through their unbelief:

31Even so have these also now not believed, that through your mercy they also may obtain mercy.

32For God hath concluded them all in unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all.

==

That can be a hard thing to understand, but the gist is that Paul is saying to the Christians that Jews who do not believe should be respected, and that God is able to save them too anyway, eventually.

Therefore, the Inquisition was not only evil, but it was anti-christian at it's very core, and directly opposite of what the Apostles and Jesus taught regarding behavior towards unbelievers.

Topic Options

Add reply Start new topic Start new poll

Terms of use