Scientific Forums

Pages: (4) 1 [2] 3 4   ( Go to first unread post )

Closed Topic · Start new topic · Start new poll

> Ice Melt Mars, White Christmas
Highteller
Posted: May 7 2012, 11:04 PM

Unregistered

QUOTE (Cheezeus @ May 6 2012, 11:31 PM)
The metal containers would have Compressed CO2 gas cylinders fitted from the `CO2 Micro Factories’ The CO2 would be heated in thrusters allowing larger containers with larger loads of geological mineral specimens to be winched up to the Space Station.

Yes, the `empty metal containers' rappelling down the long `Space Station' tether would have to be fitted with `Hot CAC thrusters'.

The Empty `Cargo Ship' and `Space Station' are in Geo Synchronous orbit around the equator of Mars.

This is in a `very high position in space and traveling much faster around the planet' than the surface.

The container being lowered down the tether has to be flown down with the tether by remote controls and computers:

So as it lands in the proper area having equal speed with the surface of the planet (Carousel Forces).
ArmstrongGe's
Posted: May 8 2012, 01:23 AM

Unregistered

QUOTE (ArmstrongGe's @ Apr 28 2012, 11:04 PM)
The other I measured the elevation of our autumn Sun with a ruler. {90 degrees minus Tan^-1(38.5cm/30.48cm)) = {38 degrees 38 minutes 22 seconds.}

In the summer when the Suns near overhead, my multi-tester reading showed 20 watt’s solar power being generated from my portable 7 Watt Solar Panel. However, as soon as cloud temporarily obscured the Suns warmth, the power reading suddenly dropped to below 10%.

Mars is almost twice as far away from the sun as the Earth is. The illumination would be a quarter of what we have on Earth.

The Mars rovers have to have power because they can’t fly in 1% of an Atmosphere consisting of CO2 with dust

Convex reflectors would track the rovers visually as-well as GPS whilst focusing the suns rays onto their solar panels

Having a pair of rovers in telescopic sight of each other with the solar reflector having the bulk of the computer brains would assist in preventing disasters of rovers falling of ridges or down craters

All in all they would have like 3D vision with an eye in the sky perspective with much more power and room to build much stronger electric motors.

5.8.12 11 AM EST
Beautiful Clear Turquoise Skies:
Not a cloud anywhere obscuring my 7 Watt portable Solar Panel.
The Multi-tester showed 0.11 Amperes current with 19.81 Volts potential.

I measured the Autumn Suns Elevation (5.8.12 AM EST)

{90 – Tan^-1(57.75cm/30.48cm)} = 27 Degrees 49’ 26.75”

The 7 Watt Solar Panel produced `0.11 Amperes’ times `19.81 Volts’: 2.1791 Watts

By tilting the solar panel from 180 Degrees to tangent of {27 Degrees 49` 26.75”} roughly increased by 100%

However `2.1791 Watts (180Degrees) in Autumn is 10%’ of the power produced `High Noon’ on a `Clear Summers’ day

I measured it again at `High Noon' and had risen to 32 Degrees 20' 50.8" with my solar panel producing 0.14 Amperes with 19.33 Volts potential = 2.7062 Watts (180 Degrees untitled)
mooncamera's
Posted: May 8 2012, 03:53 AM

Group: Power Member

Positive Feedback: 0%
Feedback Score: 0

QUOTE (ArmstrongGe's @ May 8 2012, 01:23 AM)
5.8.12 11 AM EST
Beautiful Clear Turquoise Skies:
Not a cloud anywhere obscuring my 7 Watt portable Solar Panel.
The Multi-tester showed 0.11 Amperes current with 19.81 Volts potential.

I measured the Autumn Suns Elevation (5.8.12 AM EST)

{90 – Tan^-1(57.75cm/30.48cm)} = 27 Degrees 49’ 26.75”

The 7 Watt Solar Panel produced `0.11 Amperes’ times `19.81 Volts’: 2.1791 Watts

By tilting the solar panel from 180 Degrees to tangent of {27 Degrees 49` 26.75”} roughly increased by 100%

However `2.1791 Watts (180Degrees) in Autumn is 10%’ of the power produced `High Noon’ on a `Clear Summers’ day

I measured it again at `High Noon' and had risen to 32 Degrees 20' 50.8" with my solar panel producing 0.14 Amperes with 19.33 Volts potential = 2.7062 Watts (180 Degrees untitled)

I think the convex reflectors are good illumination as-well as a means of providing good telemetry remote and computer control. However the convex reflectors could be designed to transmit large Power Station levels of electricity as microwaves beamed to receiver platform stations all around Mars.

My space crafts Nuclear Engines would be used to generate electricity when it's in an agreable orbit with Mars. The power received as microwaves would be converted into electricity to produce a power grid and electify the `Micro Factories'

If we are going to be using `Hot CAC’ tethers speeding down from the Space Station, then using `Micro Factories ‘to produce Compressed CO2 cylinders to power machinery all around Mars, then their have to be railways built of some sort to bring the geological mineral specimens to the equator to be winched up the tether with `Hot CAC assist thrusters’ into the Space Station and Cargo Ship.

Minerals quarried from Mars would always be more valuable than from overseas because they’re from another world.

Same as `Mississippi Mud’ is more valuable than `Regular Mud’

When waters start to flow again on Mars, from `Greenhouse Hydrocarbon Warming’

How much would people be prepared to pay for a `Martian Mud Pie?

By the way, what flavor cement do you prefer in your Mars Experiments? Because most of the time Mars is frozen over?
Twaterpretty
Posted: May 10 2012, 06:02 AM

Unregistered

Are warm `Greenhouse Hydrocarbons' soluble in Martian water?, and do we have designer microbes on Earth we could use to ferment the solution into alcohol?

Perhaps we have microbes on Earth capable of digesting the dissolved hydrocarbons into into Oxygen Water and CO2?
Twatartwee
Posted: May 11 2012, 12:15 AM

Unregistered

QUOTE (Twaterpretty @ May 10 2012, 06:02 AM)
Are warm `Greenhouse Hydrocarbons' soluble in Martian water?, and do we have designer microbes on Earth we could use to ferment the solution into alcohol?

Perhaps we have microbes on Earth capable of digesting the dissolved hydrocarbons into into Oxygen Water and CO2?

H, H20, CH4, (CH3)2.CH2, C4H10 .CO3.(H20) + enzyme/microbe =>CH2CH3OH + H20?

It all has to add up! what's missing here in the `chemical equation' is the large amounts of oxygen to reduce the `introduced hydrocarbons Hydrogen' into water with the carbon into CO2. We would also like an introduced Nitrogen cycle plants depend upon

But we like Mars
mooncamera's
Posted: May 11 2012, 01:02 AM

When power tools are aspirated with hydrocarbon fuels then H2O2 + N20 would be injected into the combustion cylinder.

Best fuels to use on Mars would be Diesel Peroxide Nitrous Oxide.

N2 + H2O would be byproducts of machinery activity and work done.

The best place to smelt `Mega Tonnes of Metal Ore's 'with Mega Tonnes of Earths Carbon (MontanaCoal eg) without releasing all the byproduct CO2 smog into our already warming Earth is to export our `smelting earmarked carbon' to `Mars' whilst `importing clean refined metals' to Earth from Mars.

If your family own fossil fuel mine everyone could become rich down the tract

Mars could use a smog

This post has been edited by mooncamera's on May 11 2012, 01:31 AM
mooncamera's
Posted: May 11 2012, 02:44 AM

QUOTE (mooncamera's @ May 11 2012, 01:02 AM)
When power tools are aspirated with hydrocarbon fuels then H2O2 + N20 would be injected into the combustion cylinder.

Best fuels to use on Mars would be Diesel Peroxide Nitrous Oxide.

N2 + H2O would be byproducts of machinery activity and work done.

The best place to smelt `Mega Tonnes of Metal Ore's 'with Mega Tonnes of Earths Carbon (MontanaCoal eg) without releasing all the byproduct CO2 smog into our already warming Earth is to export our `smelting earmarked carbon' to `Mars' whilst `importing clean refined metals' to Earth from Mars.

If your family own fossil fuel mine everyone could become rich down the tract

Mars could use a smog

On Earth we could use Solar Power to liberate the O2 from water whilst bonding some of our most `abundant(70%) gas' N2 with the hydrogen from water to produce large amounts of NH4(NO3)3
Large scale production of N2O could begin aswell.
Mars could do so much for us. If we can blast pellets of dueterium with lasers to propel spacecraft then we could blast pellets of NH4(NO3)3 dipped with deisel as a means of propulsion on Mars.
Robots need only apply. (Plated with non-corrodable metals because of byproduct reactions like NO3 + O + NO2 + H2O2/H2O => HNO3 + H2O

T B Tighten
Posted: May 11 2012, 03:23 AM

Unregistered

QUOTE (mooncamera's @ May 11 2012, 02:44 AM)
On Earth we could use Solar Power to liberate the O2 from water whilst bonding some of our most `abundant(70%) gas' N2 with the hydrogen from water to produce large amounts of NH4(NO3)3
Large scale production of N2O could begin aswell.
Mars could do so much for us. If we can blast pellets of dueterium with lasers to propel spacecraft then we could blast pellets of NH4(NO3)3 dipped with deisel as a means of propulsion on Mars.
Robots need only apply. (Plated with non-corrodable metals because of byproduct reactions like NO3 + O + NO2 + H2O2/H2O => HNO3 + H2O

Just aswell, I'm not going down `an elevator with a load of fertilizer in it'! Besides isn't it dangerous?
If you’re sailing a large ship filled with fertilizer and you hit an iceberg in the dark `It could go down: with a big BANG!!!'
But would anyone hear it?

Posted: May 11 2012, 04:04 AM

Unregistered

QUOTE (T B Tighten @ May 11 2012, 03:23 AM)
Just aswell, I'm not going down `an elevator with a load of fertilizer in it'! Besides isn't it dangerous?
If you’re sailing a large ship filled with fertilizer and you hit an iceberg in the dark `It could go down: with a big BANG!!!'

All the wealth from Mars, Hard work, would be comming from robots
The Red Hen
Posted: May 11 2012, 04:06 AM

Unregistered

QUOTE (T B Tighten @ May 11 2012, 03:23 AM)

mooncamera's
Posted: May 11 2012, 04:13 AM

QUOTE (The Red Hen @ May 11 2012, 04:06 AM)

You can say that again!
6thGlassTrucker
Posted: May 11 2012, 01:00 PM

Unregistered

QUOTE (Twaterpretty @ May 10 2012, 06:02 AM)

I would like to truck her Martian liqour home in a big cargo ship (spacecraft)
Capracus
Posted: May 23 2012, 10:37 AM

Advanced Member

Positive Feedback: 75.56%
Feedback Score: 41

QUOTE (mooncamera's @ Apr 24 2012, 02:49 AM)
Yes and if we could perhaps make some `designer microbes’ with `an ability to bond with hydrogen brought to Mars?’ in an attempt to reduce the iron ores into metals whilst in the process releasing gasses such as greenhouse hydrocarbons into the `Martian Atmosphere’ we could build up the atmospheric pressure to Himalayan levels?

If you want to play geoengineer, then why not start a little closer to home. Instead of manufacturing environments and life forms where they really shouldn’t be, why not take a more realistic and practical approach and restore environments and life forms that would still exist if your species had not been so prodigious. Leave space travel for beings that don’t have a need to consume and ravage the places they inhabit.

These guys could use your talents.
http://rewilding.org/rewildit/
Posted: May 26 2012, 10:08 PM

Unregistered

QUOTE (mooncamera's @ May 8 2012, 03:53 AM)
I think the convex reflectors are good illumination as-well as a means of providing good telemetry remote and computer control. However the convex reflectors could be designed to transmit large Power Station levels of electricity as microwaves beamed to receiver platform stations all around Mars.

My space crafts Nuclear Engines would be used to generate electricity when it's in an agreable orbit with Mars. The power received as microwaves would be converted into electricity to produce a power grid and electify the `Micro Factories'

If we are going to be using `Hot CAC’ tethers speeding down from the Space Station, then using `Micro Factories ‘to produce Compressed CO2 cylinders to power machinery all around Mars, then their have to be railways built of some sort to bring the geological mineral specimens to the equator to be winched up the tether with `Hot CAC assist thrusters’ into the Space Station and Cargo Ship.

Minerals quarried from Mars would always be more valuable than from overseas because they’re from another world.

Same as `Mississippi Mud’ is more valuable than `Regular Mud’

When waters start to flow again on Mars, from `Greenhouse Hydrocarbon Warming’

How much would people be prepared to pay for a `Martian Mud Pie?

By the way, what flavor cement do you prefer in your Mars Experiments? Because most of the time Mars is frozen over?

When water flowed on Mars millions of years ago, as rock samples suggest; the planet must have had a reasonable atmospheric pressure.

Water won’t ever flow on Mars again whilst the pressure is 1% of an Earth Atmosphere.

Speculation suggests there is water under the surface of the topsoil in places below zero centigrade.

If the planet warmed up `the so called water': would directly evaporate from `Ice into cloud vapour' not water. We would have a misty planet with such low atmospheric pressure.

Cement and concrete can’t use mist as an ingredient. If you think you can make cement using crunchy Ice as an ingredient; then tell us about it.

Roads could be built on mars, but not with bitumen or concrete. Perhaps sealing `Martian crushed rocks' with special `binary thermo-plastic resins' to form an analogue to the bitumen truck highways we use on Earth.

Highteller
Posted: May 26 2012, 10:55 PM

Unregistered

QUOTE (Guest @ May 26 2012, 10:08 PM)
When water flowed on Mars millions of years ago, as rock samples suggest; the planet must have had a reasonable atmospheric pressure.

Water won’t ever flow on Mars again whilst the pressure is 1% of an Earth Atmosphere.

Speculation suggests there is water under the surface of the topsoil in places below zero centigrade.

If the planet warmed up `the so called water': would directly evaporate from `Ice into cloud vapour' not water. We would have a misty planet with such low atmospheric pressure.

Cement and concrete can’t use mist as an ingredient. If you think you can make cement using crunchy Ice as an ingredient; then tell us about it.

Roads could be built on mars, but not with bitumen or concrete. Perhaps sealing `Martian crushed rocks' with special `binary thermo-plastic resins' to form an analogue to the bitumen truck highways we use on Earth.

This is a good idea: `Crushed Rocks sealed with plastic resins' could be used to build thick `Castle like walls'.

The planet doesn’t need skyscrapers; it needs Warehouses with flexible uncrackable ceiling containing a minimum of ten foot of crushed rocks to shield cosmic radiation.

They would be built up in `one foot' steel reinforced layers `upto ten foot thickness'. Enabling easy dismantling if a another floor has to be built

The alternative would be to `carve out directly into the sides of solid rock mountains ranges' and build walls and roads with such `rocks and resins’

Topic Options Pages: (4) 1 [2] 3 4 

Closed Topic · Start new topic · Start new poll

Terms of use