Scientific Forums

Pages: (28) [1] 2 3 ... Last »  ( Go to first unread post )

Add reply Start new topic Start new poll

> Warp Drive Technology, Blueshift technology and hardware
Mazulu
Posted: Mar 17 2012, 07:26 AM

Advanced Member

Group: Power Member

Positive Feedback: 57.14%
Feedback Score: -13

I've been doing some writing about warp drive physics, and what the hardware will look like. It all starts with having opto-electronics that can induce acceleration fields. I don't think it will be possible to curve space-time because the energy requirements are unreasonably large (e.g., the Alcubierre drive requires the energy content equivalent to the planet Jupiter). Instead, I believe that transmitting redshift, rapidly and repeatedly (<1 millisecond), will cause hyper-space to curve. If hyperspace curves, it will produce an acceleration field. This will lead to warp drive technology.

https://sites.google.com/site/superluminaldrivephysics/

Acceleration field generator technology, which I call Blueshift technology, is all about emitting "shift photons". I expect there to be mathematics with df/dt terms. For example, a frequency shift from 400THz to 800THz, every millisecond, will have a df/dt = 4x10^17.

There will be a frequency analogue to the Newtonian force equation, F = ma, that will look like F = (h/c)(df/dt), where h is the Planck constant and c is the speed of light.

It will take a long time before the physics community discovers the connection between df/dt, and acceleration field generation with opto-electronics.

--------------------
X-rays are a hoax.
-Lord Kelvin, engineer and physicist (c. 1900)

In a Zero-Energy Universe, gravity is the loophole to conservation of energy. So take all the energy you want. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zero-energy_universe

Super-string theory has not been experimentally verified.

What, sir? You would make a ship sail against the wind and currents by lighting a bonfire under her decks? I have no time to listen to such nonsense.
- Napoleon Bonaparte to Robert Fulton, upon hearing of the latter's plans for a steam-powered engine.
waitedavid137
Posted: Mar 17 2012, 03:26 PM

Advanced Member

Positive Feedback: 100%
Feedback Score: 5

QUOTE (Mazulu @ Mar 17 2012, 12:26 AM)
I've been doing some writing about warp drive physics, and what the hardware will look like. It all starts with having opto-electronics that can induce acceleration fields. I don't think it will be possible to curve space-time because the energy requirements are unreasonably large (e.g., the Alcubierre drive requires the energy content equivalent to the planet Jupiter). Instead, I believe that transmitting redshift, rapidly and repeatedly (<1 millisecond), will cause hyper-space to curve. If hyperspace curves, it will produce an acceleration field. This will lead to warp drive technology.

https://sites.google.com/site/superluminaldrivephysics/

Acceleration field generator technology, which I call Blueshift technology, is all about emitting "shift photons". I expect there to be mathematics with df/dt terms. For example, a frequency shift from 400THz to 800THz, every millisecond, will have a df/dt = 4x10^17.

There will be a frequency analogue to the Newtonian force equation, F = ma, that will look like F = (h/c)(df/dt), where h is the Planck constant and c is the speed of light.

It will take a long time before the physics community discovers the connection between df/dt, and acceleration field generation with opto-electronics.

Consider a zero Ricciscalar solution for and Einstein tensor whose only nonzero terms are
G⁰⁰ = G⁰ = G⁰ = G = (1/2)f(z-ct)(∂g/∂x + ∂g/∂y)
Where f can then be thought of as a function of cos functions of z-ct and g is a function of x and y
(The zero supersctipts corresponding to ct don't show well and the 3 superscript corresponds to the z coordinate)
The exact solution to Einsteins field equations is
ds = (1+fg)dct 2fgdctdz dx dy (1-fg)dz
this means the pp electromagnetic radiation solution includes within it the solutions for varying the wavelength or frequency equivalently through fourier analysis, something I just now realised. Essentially choosing f as a function of z-ct determines the frequencies in the light through fourier analysis. A given f corresponds to choosing the wave numbers k that go into the cos functions summing to the function.

This post has been edited by waitedavid137 on Mar 17 2012, 03:43 PM
waitedavid137
Posted: Mar 17 2012, 03:52 PM

Advanced Member

QUOTE (waitedavid137 @ Mar 17 2012, 08:26 AM)
Consider a zero Ricciscalar solution for and Einstein tensor whose only nonzero terms are
G⁰⁰ = G⁰ = G⁰ = G = (1/2)f(z-ct)(∂g/∂x + ∂g/∂y)
Where f can then be thought of as a function of cos functions of z-ct and g is a function of x and y
(The zero supersctipts corresponding to ct don't show well and the 3 superscript corresponds to the z coordinate)
The exact solution to Einsteins field equations is
ds = (1+fg)dct 2fgdctdz dx dy (1-fg)dz
this means the pp electromagnetic radiation solution includes within it the solutions for varying the wavelength or frequency equivalently through fourier analysis, something I just now realised. Essentially choosing f as a function of z-ct determines the frequencies in the light through fourier analysis. A given f corresponds to choosing the wave numbers k that go into the cos functions summing to the function.

Heres something else I realised thats really weird. Though the group wave f has to be any nonnegative everywhere function so that the energy density is nonnegative, there will be phase waves in that fourier analysis of f which correspond to negative energy density solutions every time the cos function drops below 0. This indicates general relativity not only allows, but requires the existence of phase wave solutions that would correspond to negative energy densities in places even though the actual net energy density corresponding to the fourier sums solution will always be nonnegative. Weird.
Ed Wood
Posted: Mar 17 2012, 07:06 PM

Advanced Member

Positive Feedback: 25%
Feedback Score: -14

Since the only natural phenomenon that warps space-time is gravity and the mechanical solution to gravity seems to be off the table or at least very elusive warp drive is off the table.

Although it would seem that the way super conductors can be used to induce a
gravitomagnetic london moment (in effect warping space time in their local vicinity) could be used on a much grander scale to warp space time.

silly virtual photons.
Mazulu
Posted: Mar 17 2012, 07:21 PM

Advanced Member

QUOTE (waitedavid137 @ Mar 17 2012, 03:52 PM)
Heres something else I realised thats really weird. Though the group wave f has to be any nonnegative everywhere function so that the energy density is nonnegative, there will be phase waves in that fourier analysis of f which correspond to negative energy density solutions every time the cos function drops below 0. This indicates general relativity not only allows, but requires the existence of phase wave solutions that would correspond to negative energy densities in places even though the actual net energy density corresponding to the fourier sums solution will always be nonnegative. Weird.

If shift photon emissions really could be used for propulsion, then there would be a technical challenge having to do with phase(s). When we attempt to synthesize a shift photon from, let's say n distinct frequencies, does the phase of the ith frequency have to line up with the i+1th frequency in order to induce a gravity field? I had hoped that the laws of physics might be lenient on this. Or perhaps the laws of physics are strict such that, they require the phase of the ith frequency to line up with the i+1th frequency before a shift photon will produce ab acceleration field. After all, when a photon falls into the gravity well of a black hole, the photon will blueshift all the way in without a break in phase. So if we wanted to try it in reverse, if we wanted to get a gravity field back by synthesizing a frequency shifting photon, then the phase of each frequency step might have to line up. We wouldn't know for sure until we ran experiments.

BTW, it is the change in negative energy densities that produce forces (acceleration fields). F=ma=-gradient U = - dU/dx i-direction + ...

--------------------
X-rays are a hoax.

In a Zero-Energy Universe, gravity is the loophole to conservation of energy. So take all the energy you want. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zero-energy_universe

What, sir? You would make a ship sail against the wind and currents by lighting a bonfire under her decks? I have no time to listen to such nonsense.
- Napoleon Bonaparte to Robert Fulton, upon hearing of the latter's plans for a steam-powered engine.
Mazulu
Posted: Mar 17 2012, 07:35 PM

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Ed Wood @ Mar 17 2012, 07:06 PM)
Since the only natural phenomenon that warps space-time is gravity and the mechanical solution to gravity seems to be off the table or at least very elusive warp drive is off the table.

Although it would seem that the way super conductors can be used to induce a
gravitomagnetic london moment (in effect warping space time in their local vicinity) could be used on a much grander scale to warp space time.

silly virtual photons.

Warping space-time has unreasonably large energy requirements. But warping hyperspace might take less energy. If a warp in hyperspace could be induced by a hyper-drive engine built in space-time, there is a chance that the warp drive engine could be pulled out of space-time (yanked out) by the induced acceleration field. The globule of space-time that surrounds the warp drive engine could be separated from the space-time of the universe. If that were to occur, then the warp drive engine would escape the grasp of relativity. Then, the globule of space-time is treated as a massive object of hyperspace. It would have a hyperspace mass of m' = m(c/c')^2, where c' is the speed of light for hyper-space.

The existence of a hyper-space would make superluminal travel significantly easier.

--------------------
X-rays are a hoax.

waitedavid137
Posted: Mar 17 2012, 07:41 PM

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Ed Wood @ Mar 17 2012, 12:06 PM)
Since the only natural phenomenon that warps space-time is gravity and the mechanical solution to gravity seems to be off the table or at least very elusive warp drive is off the table...

You don't get to decide what I choose to talk about.
Mazulu
Posted: Mar 17 2012, 08:01 PM

Advanced Member

I interpret the event horizon of a black hole to be the boundary at which space-time can no longer exist alongside hyperspace. Hyper-space could exist all around us, but we don't interact with it. Inside the event horizon, there is only hyperspace, but no space-time. To this end, the laws of physics are upheld by hyperspace, alone.

--------------------
X-rays are a hoax.

AlexG
Posted: Mar 17 2012, 08:10 PM

Advanced Member

Positive Feedback: 73.91%
Feedback Score: 108

Well that's meaningless.

Mazulu will now attempt to build a warp drive using a nine volt battery and flashing lights.

--------------------
Its the way nature is!
If you dont like it, go somewhere else....
To another universe, where the rules are simpler
Philosophically more pleasing, more psychologically easy
Prof Richard Fyenman (1979) .....

God does not roll dice with the Universe" - A. Einstein

"God not only plays dice with the Universe, He rolls them where you can't see" - N. Bohr

Lady Elizabeth
Posted: Mar 17 2012, 10:35 PM

Dame of the British Empire.

Positive Feedback: 85.71%

QUOTE (AlexG @ Mar 17 2012, 08:10 PM)
Mazulu will now attempt to build a warp drive using a nine volt battery and flashing lights.

Good to hear he's progressed from clockwork and crayons.

--------------------
Hobbies:
Needlecraft
Flower Arranging
Cake Decoration
Mutilating psychotic imbeciles
Hairdressing
Art
Romantic Classical Music

RealityCheck is a terrorist, crybaby and poster of anti-scientific crap.
RealityCheck is the sound of one hand wanking.
Mazulu
Posted: Mar 17 2012, 10:49 PM

Advanced Member

Like I said, it will take a long time for the physics community to make progress.

--------------------
X-rays are a hoax.

Mazulu
Posted: Mar 18 2012, 12:36 AM

Advanced Member

Let me tell you about the hardware of shift photon emission sources. What do you get when you cross a light emitting diode with a BGA (ball grid array) IC chip? Replace the black packaging of an IC chip with a transparent material. Next, replace the transistors with Gallium Aluminum Arsenide light emitting materials. You could very easily come up with a BGA LED chip with 8, 16, 32 or 64 distinct frequencies in the 400 to 800 THz range.

Next, you take your spaceship, or acceleration field generator surface, and you tessellate it with thousands of 64-LED chips. A clock in the megahertz range would cause the 64-LED chips to emit shift photons with 64 frequency steps, from 400 to 800THz.

The powerful acceleration fields of a black hole will cause light to frequency shift when it travels along the black hole's radius. The question is: will shift photon generators induce a gravity field? Do the laws of physics observe a symmetry between gravitational potential energy and photon frequency shift?

The Einstein equations are a technological dead end. They tell us that superluminal travel to other star systems is IMPOSSIBLE. Physics research is about to stall, leaving the human race trapped on planet earth. If you ever hope to go to Mars or to travel to the stars, you will have to try something else. You will have to perform innovative experiments.

--------------------
X-rays are a hoax.

synthsin75
Posted: Mar 18 2012, 02:33 AM

Ex Nihilo

Positive Feedback: 93.75%
Feedback Score: 22

Not this old nonsense again.

--------------------
Any future development must involve changing something which people have never challenged up to the present,
and which will not be shown up by an axiomatic formulation. -P.A.M.Dirac
AlexG
Posted: Mar 18 2012, 03:13 AM

Advanced Member

Positive Feedback: 73.91%
Feedback Score: 108

Yes, same old garbage.

Mazulu hasn't made any progress towards sanity.

--------------------
Its the way nature is!
If you dont like it, go somewhere else....
To another universe, where the rules are simpler
Philosophically more pleasing, more psychologically easy
Prof Richard Fyenman (1979) .....

God does not roll dice with the Universe" - A. Einstein

"God not only plays dice with the Universe, He rolls them where you can't see" - N. Bohr

Ed Wood
Posted: Mar 18 2012, 04:38 AM

Advanced Member

Positive Feedback: 25%
Feedback Score: -14

Good luck with the LED thing. My TV has not yet warped space close enough to my couch to allow me to change the channel without the remote yet.

Is it possible to entangle photons with different wavelengths?

When you say hyperspace I think the 1 frame of reference that contains all reference frames if there is such a thing. Is that what you mean?

Topic Options Pages: (28) [1] 2 3 ... Last »

Add reply Start new topic Start new poll

Terms of use