Add reply Start new topic Start new poll

> Earth Imaging Using An Ir Camera, The IR camera will be onboard a cubesat
rodgrac
  Posted: Feb 9 2012, 11:30 AM

Group: Members

Positive Feedback: 0%
Feedback Score: 0

Hi,
I'm a payload subsystem member of a student satellite team.Infrared imaging is our main payload.It is a nano-satellite with a weight of roughly 3 kgs.Presently we are in the design phase.The altitude of the orbit is roughly 800 Kms. The applications we finalized were the following:

1.Cloud monitoring

2.Ocean surface imaging

3.Observe urban heat islands.

4.Snow cover and polar caps monitoring(depends on orbit inclination)

We had decided on the QUARK model IR camera manufactured by FLIR company.Most of the features look good.But, the range of detection is very less.Actually, the camera would be clicking the image from roughly 800 Kms.

Can you kindly go briefly through the features and conclude whether it could be implemented for the above applications in the satellite.(especially the range of detection looks bad).I couldn't post the link to the datasheet of this camera because of the forum rules. The page can be got through google search.

It would be great if you would mention some companies better than this in IR space imaging.Because this company doesn't manufacture space graded cameras.

Awaiting for your reply,

Thank you.
-Fairy-
Posted: Feb 9 2012, 11:35 AM

Group: Power Member

Hi, i have space cameras for sale if you needed.

- All the popular models

- Purcxhase <1 and get a discount on subsequent units

- Flexibility

etc you get my drift.

Thank You

-Fairy-

SPACE CAMERAS ONLINE

--------------------
**BigFairy owns this forum. The moderators admire her. Let's face it ... who doesn't admire a fat ugly bitch with enough time on her hands to overwhelm virtually every thread with her fantasy life? [uaafanablog]
**Full blown dementia. [Trout]
**Is there any way you can get rid of this racist retard? [RobDegraves]
**Nothing can compare with the indignation and sense of outrage of one who has finally found somebody who occupies an even lower moral ground than himself - and Im not referring to DaveLush! [Edward 3]
****Oh, how the mighty have fallen. [TheDoc]
Proud former recipient of negative feedback from: BigFairy, Doc_Fairy, Fairy, Fairy1000, Fairy_bot, Fior, Jimmy Dawson, LOL_FAIRY, MY_FAIRY, rpenner_FAIRY
**Fairy is obviously a stunningly pathetic braindead slimetard [Lady Elizabeth/Mullosc/Bivalves et all]
**U FAIL [capracus]
**Fairy-useless disruption. [Grumpy]
****Apocalyptic [procyon]

[Moderator: Poster lacks comprehension, strategy, tactics...banned ] [rpenner]
rodgrac
Posted: Feb 16 2012, 02:13 PM

Group: Members

Hi,
Can you please mention the specifications of the camera along with the spreadsheet of the camera?The mass constraint is <200g

Topic Options

Add reply Start new topic Start new poll

Terms of use