Scientific Forums

Pages: (3) [1] 2 3   ( Go to first unread post )

Closed Topic Start new topic Start new poll

> Why Is The Ancient Universe So Big?, Something doesn't jibe
lemonhead
Posted: Feb 5 2012, 09:10 AM

Group: Members

Positive Feedback: 0%
Feedback Score: 0

Sorry if this has been asked before, but it just occurred to me and it's bothering me. I am definitely not a physicist.

When we look out into space we're looking back in time. Also, the early universe was smaller than today's universe. Indeed, there was a time when the universe was the size of a walnut (and inflating fast), correct?

So, why is it that when we look at galaxies that are nine, ten, eleven billion light years, and more, away from us (i.e., at the ancient universe), space is so blooming big? By my calculations, there is more space out there (and, by inference, back then) than there is in the inner nine billion light years. Shouldn't it be smaller out there than it appears to be? Shouldn't the galaxies be closer together out there because there is less space for them? Shouldn't it appear that we're perhaps somehow looking down a funnel at distant space, a smaller space, instead of looking out at this vast expanse of ancient space? Thank you.
El_Machinae
Posted: Feb 24 2012, 12:26 PM

Advanced Member

Group: Power Member

Positive Feedback: 87.76%
Feedback Score: 54

The trick is to remember that our *visible* universe was 'the size of a walnut'. We have no idea how big the 'actual' universe is.

--------------------
Stanford University's YouTube playlists, cleverly arranged by seminar topic. Free!
http://www.youtube.com/user/StanfordUniversity/playlists
Self-improvement is intentional and iterative
Quantum Chaos
Posted: Feb 28 2012, 10:55 PM

Feedback Score: -4

Also the universe was opaque for certain amount of it's early expansion.
hpdrdoom
Posted: Mar 9 2012, 04:22 AM

While we look into the space we see just a curvature of the 1 dimensional universe. but remember there could be infinite dimensions in space but fortunately those are not understandable by us.
photo_guy
Posted: Mar 11 2012, 02:11 AM

QUOTE (hpdrdoom @ Mar 9 2012, 04:22 AM)
While we look into the space we see just a curvature of the 1 dimensional universe. but remember there could be infinite dimensions in space but fortunately those are not understandable by us.

There are no infinite dimensions in space... That's the crazy math talking... Its 'imagination' (time) has been running wild... lol

It now seems that gravity is the highway for all particles, photons, etc to travel over... Before there is matter in the void there is no gravity.., no highway, nothing for anything to travel over.., and therefore no means for us to see it or know of it...

But when matter and mass travel into the void.., it brings its own gravity with it., therefore providing the highway system by which all else can be seen, measured, and know of.

Some day soon I'll write a paper explaining everything... smile.gif Or if you want to read back through my posts, you'll see what I'll be including...

Replacing time with gravity answers all the questions, paradox's, and gets rid of fantasy land in deal... No more time travel, dilation, folding, etc...

Wow.., 'time' really had people going for awhile... Some still believe it exists in the cosmos.

Take care... Read carefully... Don't take my word for anything... Just ignore those who need to disagree and think for yourself... Those others are just afraid of losing their 'investment'...

Original:
http://www.ldolphin.org/vanFlandern/gravityspeed.html
Easier to read:
http://www.gravitywarpdrive.com/Speed_of_Gravity.htm

--------------------
Everything I say is my own opinion... Unless I say otherwise.

Vagueness abounds... With me there is no gray.

Remembering my mother... Margaret McGough. Died 1948
Lady Elizabeth
Posted: Mar 11 2012, 03:09 AM

Dame of the British Empire.

Positive Feedback: 85.71%
Feedback Score: 5

QUOTE (photo_guy @ Mar 11 2012, 02:11 AM)
Just ignore those who need to disagree and think for yourself... .

That's just willful ignorance;- your inept posts paint a hulking giant of ill-educated delusion.

Firstly, learn a foundation - building on nonsense with poppycock scaffolding, will a billion times out of a billion lead you nowhere ...... a pathetic waste of effort for both yourself and anyone unfortunate enough to read your abysmally sad gibberish garnished claptrap.

Once you have a working basis, only then dare to lay your 'bricks'.

smile.gif

--------------------
Hobbies:
Needlecraft
Flower Arranging
Cake Decoration
Mutilating psychotic imbeciles
Hairdressing
Art
Romantic Classical Music

RealityCheck is a terrorist, crybaby and poster of anti-scientific crap.
RealityCheck is the sound of one hand wanking.
synthsin75
Posted: Mar 11 2012, 03:17 AM

Ex Nihilo

Positive Feedback: 93.75%
Feedback Score: 22

QUOTE (photo_guy @ Mar 10 2012, 08:11 PM)
Wow.., 'time' really had people going for awhile... Some still believe it exists in the cosmos.

Who believes time exists "in" the cosmos?

--------------------
Any future development must involve changing something which people have never challenged up to the present,
and which will not be shown up by an axiomatic formulation. -P.A.M.Dirac
photo_guy
Posted: Mar 11 2012, 03:28 AM

QUOTE (Lady Elizabeth @ Mar 11 2012, 03:09 AM)
That's just willful ignorance;- your inept posts paint a hulking giant of ill-educated delusion.

Firstly, learn a foundation - building on nonsense with poppycock scaffolding, will a billion times out of a billion lead you nowhere ...... a pathetic waste of effort for both yourself and anyone unfortunate enough to read your abysmally sad gibberish garnished claptrap.

Once you have a working basis, only then dare to lay your 'bricks'.

smile.gif

I've got my foundation... More than the screwloose mystics who keep berating everyone else for not having 'faith'.., and who can't give any logical reason for doing so... I'm sitting in my chair and the clock telling me what time it is in my time zone on earth... That's because gravity is making it run at that speed... When I go off into space and take it with me.., it isn't that dumbass clock that's making time go slower... It's what everyone KNOWS is causing that clock to run slow... Gravity. Same thing that makes me say younger than if I had stayed at home... *Time* has nothing to do with it... It's an analogy for gravity... And when you stop using it instead of gravity it all becomes crystal clear...

So YOU can also join AlexG as being unable to explain where anything I have said is wrong... Where it does not work as I said it does or can... Tell me why it can't...

Freud didn't go to college to become a psychiatrist... So why would I want to go to college to become a physicist, where I'd be taught the wrong theory...? That's what they'd teach me, you know..? That's what they taught you.., you know that too.? You did go to college I take it..?

So go ahead and try explaining what you're going by.., instead of shooting off your mouth with high sounding words of elitism...

This post has been edited by photo_guy on Mar 11 2012, 03:35 AM

--------------------

synthsin75
Posted: Mar 11 2012, 03:38 AM

Ex Nihilo

Positive Feedback: 93.75%
Feedback Score: 22

QUOTE (photo_guy @ Mar 10 2012, 09:28 PM)
Freud didn't go to college to become a psychiatrist... So why would I want to go to college to become a physicist, where I'd be taught the wrong theory...?

I've corrected you on this before. Freud completed his medical studies at the University of Vienna in 1881 and in 1885 studied under Charcot, a neurologist who was doing research with hypnosis.

He had his foundation, so you cannot use him as you example of neglecting your own.

--------------------
Any future development must involve changing something which people have never challenged up to the present,
and which will not be shown up by an axiomatic formulation. -P.A.M.Dirac
photo_guy
Posted: Mar 11 2012, 03:50 AM

QUOTE (synthsin75 @ Mar 11 2012, 03:38 AM)
I've corrected you on this before. Freud completed his medical studies at the University of Vienna in 1881 and in 1885 studied under Charcot, a neurologist who was doing research with hypnosis.

He had his foundation, so you cannot use him as you example of neglecting your own.

And like before you missed the point... The colleges weren't offering courses in psychiatry... He *founded* that concept and practice of psychiatry from what he learned elsewhere. He made up his own mind without any one telling him WHAT to think...

Exactly as I'm doing...

You and others here are only non-thinking parrots...

You want a cracker..? lol

--------------------

Lady Elizabeth
Posted: Mar 11 2012, 04:33 AM

QUOTE (photo_guy @ Mar 11 2012, 03:28 AM)
So go ahead and try explaining what you're going by.., instead of shooting off your mouth with high sounding words of elitism...

Sure ..... and this is just pre-school common sense;-

So from what you've wrenched from the anal sphincter, is the notion;- "time is gravity"

In deepest intergalactic space, stationary with regards to your observable univese, where the only 'measurable' gravity would be due to you and your clown-ship.

According to you;- your clock would run almost infinitely fast compared to one on Earth.

Is this correct?

....... Hell, no, Bozo!!

--------------------
Hobbies:
Needlecraft
Flower Arranging
Cake Decoration
Hairdressing
Art
Romantic Classical Music

photo_guy
Posted: Mar 11 2012, 05:26 AM

QUOTE (Lady Elizabeth @ Mar 11 2012, 04:33 AM)
Sure ..... and this is just pre-school common sense;-

So from what you've wrenched from the anal sphincter, is the notion;- "time is gravity"

In deepest intergalactic space, stationary with regards to your observable univese, where the only 'measurable' gravity would be due to you and your clown-ship.

According to you;- your clock would run almost infinitely fast compared to one on Earth.

Is this correct?

....... Hell, no, Bozo!!

Your close but no cigar... Because time does not really exist, except in your head.., along with some other's heads too I'm afraid... You and they can't comprehend anything without it... That's a pretty nasty handicap for people who are supposed to be able to theorize and postulate...

But., since there is no gravity out there, yes there would be nothing to slow *aging*.., which is what I think you meant to say... As we are slowed here on earth.., and more so with things entering black holes... It's linear you know..? From total gravity being total suspended animation to no gravity meaning everything ages at the speed of light. Percentage wise... Ratio wise... It's how relativity is figured you know..? Using percents..?

Every gravity field is it's OWN preferred reference frame. That's why light is the same to all frames... All of them see things as normal... Earth is the only one abnormal.., because it uses Einstein and Time to go by... lol

So yes my clock would run extremely fast... And that being no more difficult to understand than what we're told by your side. That those distant planets are rushing away from us at .9 c... Now that is something really difficult to comprehend.., don't you agree..? Of course you won't... But it is... Where do you think that energy comes from...? And increasing all the time at that..? Of course..., from fantasy land...

Did you ever think that they're not leaving us at all..? That they're simply aging at an extremely high rate of speed...? That this is what's causing the red shift..? But no, you don't know how that could happen.., so it must not be happening...

In any case.., what's the difference how much we think they're aging. They're rocks.., and they can hide their age really well... And remember too that they're in their own preferred reference frame and so they don't even know they're aging...

They just see us here on earth almost totally inert... Barely moving at allll... They're thinking out there that just maybe.., those very slow movers and thinkers on earth will amount to something some day... lol

You don't really understand how anything really works.., do you...

--------------------

Lady Elizabeth
Posted: Mar 11 2012, 05:36 AM

Gravity = Time is a braindead concept ........ just like you. smile.gif

--------------------
Hobbies:
Needlecraft
Flower Arranging
Cake Decoration
Hairdressing
Art
Romantic Classical Music

Lady Elizabeth
Posted: Mar 11 2012, 05:48 AM

QUOTE (photo_guy @ Mar 11 2012, 05:26 AM)

Your close but no cigar... Because time does not really exist, except in your head.., along with some other's heads too I'm afraid... You and they can't comprehend anything without it... That's a pretty nasty handicap for people who are supposed to be able to theorize and postulate...

But., since there is no gravity out there, yes there would be nothing to slow *aging*.., which is what I think you meant to say... As we are slowed here on earth.., and more so with things entering black holes... It's linear you know..? From total gravity being total suspended animation to no gravity meaning everything ages at the speed of light. Percentage wise... Ratio wise... It's how relativity is figured you know..? Using percents..?

Every gravity field is it's OWN preferred reference frame. That's why light is the same to all frames... All of them see things as normal... Earth is the only one abnormal.., because it uses Einstein and Time to go by... lol

So yes my clock would run extremely fast... And that being no more difficult to understand than what we're told by your side. That those distant planets are rushing away from us at .9 c... Now that is something really difficult to comprehend.., don't you agree..? Of course you won't... But it is... Where do you think that energy comes from...? And increasing all the time at that..? Of course..., from fantasy land...

Did you ever think that they're not leaving us at all..? That they're simply aging at an extremely high rate of speed...? That this is what's causing the red shift..? But no, you don't know how that could happen.., so it must not be happening...

In any case.., what's the difference how much we think they're aging. They're rocks.., and they can hide their age really well... And remember too that they're in their own preferred reference frame and so they don't even know they're aging...

They just see us here on earth almost totally inert... Barely moving at allll... They're thinking out there that just maybe.., those very slow movers and thinkers on earth will amount to something some day... lol

Well done ...... you've amazingly got everything wrong;- guess you're obviously some unfathomably pathetic old fart, realizing (only now) he's entirely hosed-up his pitiful existence ..... couple this with raging dementia. guilt and an immoderate lashing of neurological disorder (of the delusion variety)

Confess, and die in peace. smile.gif

--------------------
Hobbies:
Needlecraft
Flower Arranging
Cake Decoration
Hairdressing
Art
Romantic Classical Music

Lady Elizabeth
Posted: Mar 11 2012, 05:59 AM

QUOTE (photo_guy @ Mar 11 2012, 05:26 AM)

Wrong in the extreme ....... but I could no more share my understanding with you, than lobotomized household dust.

smile.gif

--------------------
Hobbies:
Needlecraft
Flower Arranging
Cake Decoration
Hairdressing
Art
Romantic Classical Music

Topic Options Pages: (3) [1] 2 3 

Closed Topic Start new topic Start new poll

Terms of use