Scientific Forums

Pages: (8) « First ... 5 6 [7] 8   ( Go to first unread post )

Closed Topic Start new topic Start new poll

> Infinite?
Whitewolf4869
Posted: Mar 31 2012, 01:05 PM

Advanced Member

Group: Power Member

Positive Feedback: 0%
Feedback Score: 0

Ok but what's a HOWDY laugh.gif

--------------------
Flyingbuttressman
A pillar in the house of GOD
White wolf has spoken!
rpenner
Posted: Apr 21 2012, 05:01 PM

Fully Wired

Group: Moderators

Positive Feedback: 84.5%
Feedback Score: 397

QUOTE (Investigator @ Mar 23 2012, 10:25 PM)
Howdy.

Howdy is short for the English pleasantry "How do you do?"

Depending on local custom, it may be treated as a real question and should be answered with your health or emotional status, it may be treated as a fake question with the only socially acceptable response being "Fine", or it may be treated as regional greeting similar to "Hello."

Stereotypically, this last usage is frequently seen in cowboy movies.

However, the banned user here is using it as a lie -- caring nothing for readers as human beings.

--------------------
愛平兎仏主
"And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:7
It's just good Netiquette. Failing that, Chlorpromazine.
flyingbuttressman
Posted: Apr 21 2012, 09:49 PM

noblesse oblige / nullius in verba

Positive Feedback: 68.66%
Feedback Score: 166

QUOTE (Guest @ Apr 21 2012, 04:07 PM)
Your personal agenda and your lack of integrity is showing more and more, no matter how much you delete and ban. This is the internet, and you cannot censor it like you and all tyrants still think they can. The record is there in earlier caches. You are giving scientists a bad name with your prejudiced actions and spamming your own (now blog) site with your own view of the scientific status quo and what is not allowed to be questioned/discussed openly for discussion just because you don't like it.

Boo hoo, you got banned. Maybe if you had spent more time discussing real science instead of play-acting as an idiotic sycophant with a squirrel's understanding of physics, you might have stuck around longer.
AlexG
Posted: Apr 22 2012, 12:35 AM

Advanced Member

Positive Feedback: 73.91%
Feedback Score: 108

Another example of why unregistered guests should not be permitted to post.

Banned posters like this are the equivalent of internet herpes. You never really get rid of them, and you keep having outbreaks.

--------------------
Its the way nature is!
If you dont like it, go somewhere else....
To another universe, where the rules are simpler
Philosophically more pleasing, more psychologically easy
Prof Richard Fyenman (1979) .....

God does not roll dice with the Universe" - A. Einstein

"God not only plays dice with the Universe, He rolls them where you can't see" - N. Bohr

flyingbuttressman
Posted: Apr 22 2012, 12:37 AM

QUOTE (Guest @ Apr 21 2012, 08:05 PM)
Pointing out the obviously unconscionable and unscientific and prejudiced rpenner behaviour as described is not 'boo hoo-ing'. He is obviously sabotaging this site for general science discussion and trying to turn it into his persoanl blog where he just deletes/bans inconvenient questions/posters. And since you can't or won't see it as it is, then the "sycophant" without any understanding would be you. Your post was the proof of that.

Please explain how masquerading as the idiot "Investgator" was anything other than trolling.
flyingbuttressman
Posted: Apr 22 2012, 01:25 AM

QUOTE (Guest @ Apr 21 2012, 09:00 PM)
It was a specific test to proved the point that 'inconvenient' questions are preferentially deleted and the questioner banned. It shows as nothing else can that the whole pattern is based on rpenner using any excuse to ban any 'inconvenient' questions so that he can make this a personal blog where only his 'favourites' are tolerated.

Your questions were stupid and incoherent. I skipped over them numerous times because they added nothing to the conversation and responding to them would be a waste of time.

Hey, that sounds a lot like your contributions as RealityCheck.

Notice that only people who get suspended or banned complain that the moderation is too strict. I and a few others would probably agree that more people should be getting suspended or banned.
AlexG
Posted: Apr 22 2012, 01:27 AM

Advanced Member

Positive Feedback: 73.91%
Feedback Score: 108

RC, go away.

Confine your whining idiocy to Sciforums, where they're prepared to tolerate you for a while longer.

Eventually, you'll be banned there as well, just another in a long line, and you can move on to troll somewhere else.

This post has been edited by AlexG on Apr 22 2012, 01:29 AM

--------------------
Its the way nature is!
If you dont like it, go somewhere else....
To another universe, where the rules are simpler
Philosophically more pleasing, more psychologically easy
Prof Richard Fyenman (1979) .....

God does not roll dice with the Universe" - A. Einstein

"God not only plays dice with the Universe, He rolls them where you can't see" - N. Bohr

synthsin75
Posted: Apr 22 2012, 01:34 AM

Ex Nihilo

Positive Feedback: 93.75%
Feedback Score: 22

QUOTE (Guest @ Apr 21 2012, 02:07 PM)

You are now god who knows what people are thinking when they greet people? Extraordinary for a scientist to assume/presume to speak for the author's motives/usage.

No, RC/instigator, there is no mind-reading necessary when you've so consistently and freely demonstrated your MO.

It was a specific test to proved the point that 'inconvenient' questions are preferentially deleted and the questioner banned.

Well you didn't prove that, as there are many other posters here still asking the EXACT same sorts of questions, but guess what you DID manage to prove. You proved that you're such a self-absorbed idiot that you weren't clever enough to drop your telltale platitudes nor to learn from yourself, as object lesson, from the first time you were banned.

Hell, I even warned you that you were walking down the exact same path. Imbecile.

--------------------
Any future development must involve changing something which people have never challenged up to the present,
and which will not be shown up by an axiomatic formulation. -P.A.M.Dirac
Mekigal
Posted: Apr 22 2012, 01:48 AM

Advanced Member

Positive Feedback: 0%
Feedback Score: 0

QUOTE (Guest @ Apr 22 2012, 01:00 AM)
I Maybe he doesn't have any real friends....only 'accomplices' who would do likewise if Given the same chance? S

Any one see what I am getting at . Encoded by what ? A freak of nature.

Wow are you really Reality Check ? Investigator ? That is so weird cause the writing seemed a little different . Did you try and change your styling as a result of name change. Or was it me seeing the over all rhetoric in a different way by not relating the 2 names to the same person . Maybe I should go back and do a comparison to both of your characters and see if they look and sound the same now that I know . If I know our am to believe you are Reality Check and Investigator . Course I guess the Mod would know . I would think . I do like that quote . Likewise is Given the same Chance.
Makes me feel warm and fuzzy. He has been kind of friendly to Me . An unspoken friendship . I can feel it more than see or smell and not like someone touching with a heavy hand . Course I am the type that can get banned in a heart beat with out warning . It is not them . If it was one person I could blame them . It being many persons makes me believe it must be Me. I blame the system for that . They just can't help but be standard issue human types . It is hard to think past your own learned experiences .

Who does that? Can we even do it? People accuse me of marching to a different drum . Poppy cock . ""You all made Me this way """. Your Daddys and Mommys too.

That is what my first wife would tell her parents . I kind of liked it then and I like it now . Better than " The Devil Made Me do It"
flyingbuttressman
Posted: Apr 22 2012, 02:36 AM

QUOTE (Guest @ Apr 21 2012, 10:12 PM)
I made an experiment by posting the same sort of questions as "Investigator". The ame questions which were conveniently ignored and then conveniently banned the questioner.

Like this question?
You weren't asking questions because you care about the answer, you were asking "questions" to further your goal of undermining what you see as a conspiracy to keep you down. Those questions don't make you look smart, they make you look like an idiot.
flyingbuttressman
Posted: Apr 22 2012, 09:41 PM

QUOTE (Guest @ Apr 22 2012, 04:41 PM)
You are falling into the usual trap of arrogance and defensiveness when inconvenient questions/suppositions are put in the context of the discussion.

You love that word "inconvenient" don't you? It connotes such necessity to your statements. Your posts aren't inconvenient except for the fact that I feel dumber after reading them.
I wanted to know the answers you or others may have, but since people are banned for asking questions, the chances of surviving here long enough were not good in any case.

It is my hope that any answers I provide are in congruity with any common science textbook. The answers you were hoping for are not the kind of answers I provide.
You expediently make assumptions and strawmen and then use your assumptions and strawmen to frame and dismiss the inconvenient question/poster instead of actually addressing and discussing what ideas/implications of the question/suggestion presented.

Don't we all?
If that tactic is your idea of what science discussions are about, then you are 'in' with the 'in crowd' here, because those tactics effectively identifies you as a sycophant/conspirator of the tyrant/blogger ruining this site for his own personal agenda, not that of science.

If there's anything I've learned from you, it's that inflating your ego is your #1 priority.
Open your eyes to what rpenner is doing, instead of just 'enabling' his declining integrity by your sycophancy and need to be 'in' with the tyrant/blogger 'in crowd'.

rpenner moderates this forum, but other users create far more content than he does. I AM the 'in crowd.'
flyingbuttressman
Posted: Apr 22 2012, 10:06 PM

QUOTE (Guest @ Apr 22 2012, 05:04 PM)
How embarrassing is it when even newguy can call you on your 'strawmen' and 'prejudiced' way of interacting with others. You are so blinded by prejudice you even forgot why you started the thread in the first place!

newguy is a hopeless individual with only 1 topic and 1 viewpoint. He doesn't care to enter a scientific discourse, and he's a dishonest debater. That's why he gets treated with disdain.
Wake up and start thinking and acting fairly with everyone, irrespective of what philosophy/opinion they hold.

I judge people by what they post. If I find what they post interesting, they get points in my book. If they post rhetorical questions, pseudo-science, pseudo-philosophy and religious crap, then they lose points. I don't form opinions of people on their first post, I always give them a chance to see reason before my opinion of them solidifies.
Otherwise you're just another prejudiced mind adding to the confusion brought about by ego.

We're all prejudiced. We all have ego. It's just a matter of where and how much.
Not a good look for a supposed scientist, hey? Such slip-ups from prejudice and ego bring scientists and this site into disrepute.

You know what brings this forum to disrepute? Lack of moderation. Pseudo-science presented without criticism. Entire sub-forums devoted to a certain person's delusional ego. My role is to provide criticism and educational value. I don't claim to be a scientist because I don't have the educational background to fully understand any particular scientific field. In science, I'm a jack of all fields, master of none. I post because I find science interesting, and if you don't, you can f*ck off.
flyingbuttressman
Posted: Apr 22 2012, 11:09 PM

QUOTE (Guest @ Apr 22 2012, 06:36 PM)
And he called you out on it! How embarrassing does it have to get for you and the other 'in crowd' before you realize that your prejudices and egos and strawmanning etc tactics and glib responses which miss the point altogether are doing your reputation no good at all?

My reputation is great among people who I actually respect. I'm not really worried.
You have just presented all sorts of 'rationalizations' (another apt word) for why you don't address my questions in context without letting the ego/prejudices you just admitted to get in the way of fair and genuine discourse.

You really want me to reply to every single one of your inane posts? I'm good, thanks.
And in the same post you claim to be NOT a scientist and YET claim to be 'educating' others by your responses here!

Do you really think this is a problem? Are you aware that most teachers are not scientists? Or maybe you have a really, really, really relaxed definition of "scientist."
Mate, you don't seem to know what you stand for, since you are more lost than some of those you treat with disdain even though you yourself may not be as up-to-date with the advancing scientific theory evolutionary trends as those same people you pretend to know better than just because you can read a 'textbook and parrot its contents without any regard to the actual context of the questions/ideas that others put.

See, when you post that, I know you're an idiot. I do, in fact, stay "up to date," but I think what you really mean is "be familiar with current crank theories."
I laugh when you say "parrot its contents without any regard to..."
You admit that you don't want scientific answers to your questions. And you wonder why you got banned?
rpenner's control is absolute, as in tyrannical. His ego has led him to succumb to power-drunk behavioural tendencies. No amount of 'content' from you will ever balance out the totally disproportionate ascendancy position which the tyrant is making use of to turn this site into his personal blog.

Whining doesn't become you.
I think you misunderstand the word "tyrant." You just don't like that someone has the power to ban you.
Wake up, mate. You seem to know your limitations....so act accordingly....and without sycophantic rationalizations about why you have not addressed the questions fairly and why you wish to be 'in' with the tyrant just because he 'seems' benevolent.

If you have questions, ask them. Don't refer to some non-specific thing you asked in the past.
If you are a real friend of his, have a word in his ear and try to convince him to make good some of the damage by unbanning RealityCheck and facing his questions fairly without holding the threat/power of banning over the discussion in order to favour/censor as the case may be.

And what if I agree with his reasoning for banning you?
flyingbuttressman
Posted: Apr 23 2012, 01:10 AM

QUOTE (flyingbuttressman @ Apr 22 2012, 07:09 PM)
If you have questions, ask them. Don't refer to some non-specific thing you asked in the past.

I guess you don't have anything to ask then?
synthsin75
Posted: Apr 23 2012, 01:55 AM

Ex Nihilo

Positive Feedback: 93.75%
Feedback Score: 22

QUOTE (Guest @ Apr 21 2012, 08:12 PM)
I made an experiment by posting the same sort of questions as "Investigator". The ame questions which were conveniently ignored and then conveniently banned the questioner.

Oh, you mean the questions that I honestly thought were generated by a bot putting random science terms, from preceding posts, in an overly placating rote post? Gee, I wonder why ANYONE would ignore those [sarcasm].

There's nothing "convenient" about having to ignore annoying troll posts. And getting banned seems to only have exasperated your usual, blinkered nonsense.

I wonder how long rpenner will let us poke him with a stick before closing this thread. Or perhaps this is an effective quarantine.

--------------------
Any future development must involve changing something which people have never challenged up to the present,
and which will not be shown up by an axiomatic formulation. -P.A.M.Dirac

Topic Options Pages: (8) « First ... 5 6 [7] 8 

Closed Topic Start new topic Start new poll

Terms of use