Scientific Forums

Pages: (5) 1 [2] 3 4 ... Last »  ( Go to first unread post )

Closed Topic · Start new topic · Start new poll

> Ice Age Model, for the modirator
Robittybob1
Posted: Oct 20 2011, 09:54 PM

Advanced Member

Group: Power Member

Positive Feedback: 0%
Feedback Score: 0

QUOTE (Rubberball @ Oct 20 2011, 08:39 PM)
definition ice age. __ my definition a change in climate were the northern pole, southern pole, or both begin to experience a build up of ice sheet or snow cap layer, For an unidentified period of time.

wiki definition An ice age or, more precisely, glacial age, is a generic geological period of long-term reduction in the temperature of the Earth's surface and atmosphere, resulting in the presence or expansion of continental ice sheets, polar ice sheets and alpine glaciers.

very much the same do you agree?

So the restoration of the glaciers say as has happened in the last 200 years is not an ice age. So if they are able to partially reverse global warming they are not starting off an ice age?
Granouille
Posted: Oct 20 2011, 10:36 PM

Et le cheval que vous roulé sur!

Positive Feedback: 66.67%
Feedback Score: 77

What a shame that we can't rate members on the quality of their posts any longer.

It's truly a shame that there's no hand at the helm of this lost shi* as well. That's why we have deep and engaging discourses from Bobo and Pelote, who can spell as well as they can reason.

smile.gif

--------------------
-=Forum Mafia=-

Member of the Original FM, 2007
Robittybob1
Posted: Oct 20 2011, 10:42 PM

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Granouille @ Oct 20 2011, 10:36 PM)
What a shame that we can't rate members on the quality of their posts any longer.

It's truly a shame that there's no hand at the helm of this lost shi* as well. That's why we have deep and engaging discourses from Bobo and Pelote, who can spell as well as they can reason.

smile.gif

Is there no one at the helm? This thread is self managed? Someone said they were banned. And you with 40% warning is that old history now?
Granouille
Posted: Oct 20 2011, 10:51 PM

You've been shown the glove, asshle.

Pick it up, or shut the fck up. You've been proved to be everything I've called you and more, but you're a coward and a troll, so you'll just cower here and snipe until someone bans you again.

Come on, ahole, take the bait... smile.gif

--------------------
-=Forum Mafia=-

Granouille
Posted: Oct 20 2011, 11:09 PM

What's up? Are you afflicted with Tourette's or Bipolar disorder?

Maybe that explains your inability to distinguish polylalia from the fear that everyone is looking at you because you're just wrong...

Or maybe your mirror is all wrong. Jerk. rolleyes.gif

--------------------
-=Forum Mafia=-

Robittybob1
Posted: Oct 20 2011, 11:45 PM

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Granouille @ Oct 20 2011, 11:09 PM)
What's up? Are you afflicted with Tourette's or Bipolar disorder?

Maybe that explains your inability to distinguish polylalia from the fear that everyone is looking at you because you're just wrong...

Or maybe your mirror is all wrong. Jerk. rolleyes.gif

The French will loose the rugby (RWC) because of your antics.
Granouille
Posted: Oct 20 2011, 11:53 PM

The correct usage is "lose", as a verb. Not "loose" as you seem to be. When your keepers have you caged and medicated again, maybe you can go back to school.

In a decade or so, you might be able to hold a cogent conversation. But I really doubt it: Everything I've seen here from you points to a genetic problem.

Enjoy your short brutish miserable life, such as is it is.

--------------------
-=Forum Mafia=-

brucep
Posted: Oct 20 2011, 11:55 PM

Advanced Member

Positive Feedback: 88.37%
Feedback Score: 146

QUOTE (Robittybob1 @ Oct 20 2011, 10:42 PM)
Is there no one at the helm? This thread is self managed? Someone said they were banned. And you with 40% warning is that old history now?

Warning is nothing more than a warning. Suspension(s) is the next recourse. Banishment is the final recourse. A common way to get banned is continuing the same activities, that resulted in suspension, when you return. It looks like the moderation has abandoned this site. Revealing he was banned was really stupid. Knowing of his banishment is a good reason for ignoring him. I try not to get into discussions initiated by a sockpuppet. He stamped sockpuppet on his forehead.
Send PM ·
Granouille
Posted: Oct 21 2011, 12:11 AM

Bruce, I have never been banned from this site. I have been suspended for the sort of behavior I am displaying to this fool, but never banned.

In my former incarnation here as Sapo, I asked Neutron to delete my account. After that, rpenner became moderator, so I rejoined.

Sadly, the same crap has continued, but I have nothing to do with the stupids who come here. I come to read things from AlphaNumeric, Kino and others who have a brain. And you, even if you're still pissed about an admin thing I handled badly.

This guy is a flaming asshle, and there's no doubt about that. If you want to make it about me, then it's your loss.

Bobo is a troll. I shouldn't have upset y'all's little parade I guess, but I can only take so much BS from an idiot.

Enjoy the sewage.

--------------------
-=Forum Mafia=-

Robittybob1
Posted: Oct 21 2011, 12:40 AM

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Granouille @ Oct 21 2011, 12:11 AM)
Bruce, I have never been banned from this site. I have been suspended for the sort of behavior I am displaying to this fool, but never banned.

In my former incarnation here as Sapo, I asked Neutron to delete my account. After that, rpenner became moderator, so I rejoined.

Sadly, the same crap has continued, but I have nothing to do with the stupids who come here. I come to read things from AlphaNumeric, Kino and others who have a brain. And you, even if you're still pissed about an admin thing I handled badly.

This guy is a flaming asshle, and there's no doubt about that. If you want to make it about me, then it's your loss.

Bobo is a troll. I shouldn't have upset y'all's little parade I guess, but I can only take so much BS from an idiot.

Enjoy the sewage.

The sooner you are sent packing the better in my opinion.
brucep
Posted: Oct 21 2011, 12:43 AM

Advanced Member

Positive Feedback: 88.37%
Feedback Score: 146

QUOTE (Granouille @ Oct 21 2011, 12:11 AM)

Enjoy the sewage.

No way. I was talking about this peanut brain 'Rubberball' who keeps bouncing back [pun intended]. Early in this thread he announced he was banned and whined about it. I'm not pissed at all. That kind of crap happens on the internet. If we were 'face to face' friends we would have worked out any disagreements.

Peace Brother
Send PM ·
Granouille
Posted: Oct 21 2011, 02:15 AM

I'm sure we would be. Thanks. cool.gif

Our posts crossed, maybe, but we have a very common enemy here. laugh.gif

--------------------
-=Forum Mafia=-

Robittybob1
Posted: Oct 21 2011, 05:28 PM

Advanced Member

Do you have internet references to the "5 facts" presented?
soundhertz
Posted: Oct 21 2011, 06:46 PM

Advanced Member

Positive Feedback: 91.3%
Feedback Score: 120

in your opinion, according to this model are we closing in on an ice age?
In scientific opinion, no one knows because we are not good enough yet to predict epochal events based on criteria that satisfies both epochal, nothing, or relatively short term events. All events more than a week out are not accurately predicted statistically. It is true that what appears to be a warming trend could actually be the harbinger of an ice age, but statistics give us more of an array of likelihoods rather than a single favored outcome.

Vulcanism has not increased; greater population and hence greater reporting has. Vulcanism appears to be climbing because most events are local. However, larger scale eruptions that affect regional areas are much more likely to be reported, and so, when you look at the graphs of regional-scale eruptions over at least the last century, it has remained remarkably level. In fact, between 1990 and 2000 we had statistically fewer regional-scale eruptions. But if you look only at the graph of the recently reported number of events - mostly local - it incorrectly gives the impression of greater overall vulcanism. You need to take the greater/better/continually advancing abilities of reporting into mind, as this itself greatly skews results.

We now believe the magnetic axis not only shifts, it's rarely stable, and has several times flipped poles - sometimes with results we think are related, sometimes with what appears to be no results. What we are learning more and more is that synergistic combinations of things are prime effectors, but trying to accurately deduce epochal results will take far more time to gauge than a few lifetimes. It will take an epoch of accurate data to even begin to assume what the next one may hold. This is why you disbelieve GW when many climatologists don't, and why you believe an ice age is coming, when many climatologists don't. We don't have enough data to say anything accurately.

What some climatologists have suggested is that there are some similarities between the "Little Ice Age" and now, but this is arguable. Most climatologists do not consider it a true Ice Age, merely a 300 year cold spell, and a few scientists believe that the ice retreats we are seeing is simply the reverting back, or a default back to the previous conditions before the 'LIA' happened.

What you failed to mention however, may be the most accurate indicator of all: The motion of the Gulf Stream. This is the big engine that drives water and air temperatures over large areas. It is in the trends of this weighty effector that clearer prognoses may be deciphered.

--------------------
"Time's grey hand won't catch me while the stars shine down;
Untie and unlatch me while the stars shine"
Robittybob1
Posted: Oct 21 2011, 06:53 PM

Advanced Member

The axis is the spin axis not the magnetic pole.
Major Earthquakes (EQ) have been said to alter the Earth's spin axis. So some times this way sometimes that way. It would be worrying if every EQ made the axis shift in one particular way only but I've never seen that being said.

Topic Options Pages: (5) 1 [2] 3 4 ... Last »

Closed Topic · Start new topic · Start new poll

Terms of use