Scientific Forums

Pages: (236) « First ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... Last »  ( Go to first unread post )

Closed Topic · Start new topic · Start new poll

> Life First Started On Planet Mercury?, Looking for biological evidence support
Beer w/Straw
Posted: May 8 2012, 04:36 PM

Advansed Member

Group: Power Member

Positive Feedback: 67.65%
Feedback Score: 146

QUOTE (Robittybob1 @ May 8 2012, 04:32 AM)
Remember in the thread we discussed Moon capture? Well it doesn't look so difficult when you look at it from this point of view.
http://www.sciforums.com/showpost.php?p=29...1&postcount=580
This is found in a thread called "Why Is The Moon Not Spinning Then?" I haven't read the whole thing but when BillyT starts pointing out where you are wrong it is time to listen.

No. I don't remember.

Why do you waste so much time on forums when there is so much crime going unanswered?

--------------------
Transcendental Ignorance!
Robittybob1
Posted: May 8 2012, 06:33 PM

Advanced Member

Positive Feedback: 0%
Feedback Score: 0

QUOTE (Beer w/Straw @ May 8 2012, 04:36 PM)
No. I don't remember.

Why do you waste so much time on forums when there is so much crime going unanswered?

Do you think I'm a super-hero, Superman, Batman or the like?
Beer w/Straw
Posted: May 8 2012, 07:04 PM

Advansed Member

QUOTE (Robittybob1 @ May 8 2012, 06:33 PM)
Do you think I'm a super-hero, Superman, Batman or the like?

User posted image: <a target='_blank' href='http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_jWzjYVOTHvk/SuEkD7D-_rI/AAAAAAAABUA/rSIS8_DgLQc/s400/35.jpg'>User posted image</a>

I live vicariously through you, Delusion Man.

This post has been edited by Beer w/Straw on May 8 2012, 07:07 PM

--------------------
Posted: May 8 2012, 07:37 PM

Unregistered

QUOTE (Beer w/Straw @ May 8 2012, 07:04 PM)
User posted image: <a target='_blank' href='http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_jWzjYVOTHvk/SuEkD7D-_rI/AAAAAAAABUA/rSIS8_DgLQc/s400/35.jpg'>User posted image</a>

I live vicariously through you, Delusion Man.

I'll have to remind you that you are a way behind with your tithes. Pay up or go.
Robittybob1
Posted: May 9 2012, 03:40 AM

Advanced Member

I wonder if you remember in the early part of this thread I was showing how the planets formed prior to the sun being a main sequence star. This newly discovered planet strongly suggests that this is the case here too. In the circumstances this planet finds itself it would not have formed if the star was shinning.

"Discovery gives light to alien life search"
http://www.stuff.co.nz/science/6887860/Dis...ien-life-search

The planet, called 55 Cancri e, falls into a class of planets termed 'super-Earths', which are more massive than our home world, but lighter than giant planets like Neptune.

This planet is about twice as big and eight times as massive as Earth.

It orbits a bright star, called 55 Cancri, in a mere 18 hours.

Previously, Spitzer and other telescopes were able to study the planet by analyzing how the light from 55 Cancri changed as the planet passed in front of the star.

In the new study, Spitzer measured how much infrared light comes from the planet itself.

The results reveal the planet is likely dark, and its sun-facing side is more than 2000 Kelvin (1727 Celsius), hot enough to melt metal.

The new information is consistent with a prior theory that 55 Cancri e is a water world; a rocky core surrounded by a layer of water in a 'supercritical' state where it is both liquid and gas, and topped by a blanket of steam.

"It could be very similar to Neptune, if you pulled Neptune in toward our sun and watched its atmosphere boil away," said Michaël Gillon of Université de Liège in Belgium, principal investigator of the research, which appears in the Astrophysical Journal.
It has five planets, with 55 Cancri e the closest to the star and tidally locked, so one side always faces the star.

Spitzer discovered the sun-facing side is extremely hot, indicating the planet probably does not have a substantial atmosphere to carry the sun's heat to the unlit side.
AlexG
Posted: May 9 2012, 05:40 AM

Advanced Member

Positive Feedback: 73.91%
Feedback Score: 108

I wonder if you remember in the early part of this thread I was showing how the planets formed prior to the sun being a main sequence star.

You haven't shown that you know sh*t from shinola. And you certainly haven't shown anything at all.

--------------------
Its the way nature is!
If you dont like it, go somewhere else....
To another universe, where the rules are simpler
Philosophically more pleasing, more psychologically easy
Prof Richard Fyenman (1979) .....

God does not roll dice with the Universe" - A. Einstein

"God not only plays dice with the Universe, He rolls them where you can't see" - N. Bohr

Robittybob1
  Posted: May 9 2012, 09:44 AM

Advanced Member

QUOTE (AlexG @ May 9 2012, 05:40 AM)

You haven't shown that you know sh*t from shinola.  And you certainly haven't shown anything at all.

@AlexG - You are not often right but this time you are right for a change. I admit I "don't know sh*t from shinola". What is shinola?

"The meaning and origin of the expression: Doesn't know *** from Shinola"

http://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/114000.html

outside America, most people don't know Shinola from anything at all, as they've never heard of it. Even in America it would probably not be widely remembered but for this phrase.

This post has been edited by Robittybob1 on May 9 2012, 10:38 AM
flyingbuttressman
Posted: May 9 2012, 01:34 PM

noblesse oblige / nullius in verba

Positive Feedback: 68.66%
Feedback Score: 166

QUOTE (Robittybob1 @ May 8 2012, 11:40 PM)
I wonder if you remember in the early part of this thread I was showing how the planets formed prior to the sun being a main sequence star. This newly discovered planet strongly suggests that this is the case here too. In the circumstances this planet finds itself it would not have formed if the star was shinning.

Do you not see the dishonesty in this? You asserted that the planets formed prior to the Sun becoming a main sequence star. Assertion does not equal "showing." I'm fine with this being your make-believe thread, but don't act like you've actually proven anything here.
Mekigal
Posted: May 9 2012, 04:51 PM

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Robittybob1 @ May 9 2012, 09:44 AM)
@AlexG - You are not often right but this time you are right for a change. I admit I "don't know sh*t from shinola". What is shinola?

"The meaning and origin of the expression: Doesn't know *** from Shinola"

http://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/114000.html

lets see if i know . I am going to take stab at it before I look at the link . Shinola is shoe shin . So the expression is a racist one and one where you shine your shoes with *** . It dates back to when the black man was a shoe shine boy in the eyes of the white man . Let the shoe shine is my new terminology as Haiti is my mountain that gave birth to a mouse . The Holy shoe of Brian. Now try and understand that urban language of the Americas shoe shiners . Lick my feet , give me something good to eat .

O.K. great news . Well some bad news too . The department of defense said that Americans need to brace them selves for Austerity measures. It is coming like a train wreck . Also they said we at W.F.H. might be better off turning into a for profit business as we build 50s style housing for the Haitians . Why ? To many non profits is why and as austerity settles in no one is going to have discretionary income to donate to there favorite feel good cause. What I am trying to figure out is how this information coincided with the Justice department showing up at Missoula' court house steps . Do they know yet they can't pin a thing on Me ? I tell you what the police presence has like doubled and the Justice department says they are not looking for a " single person "

It is not my fault so stop blaming Me . It is the lack of restraint in the rest of them . So I pushed them over the edge ? Big Deal . They needed to fall . The women have been grumbling for a long time . It is not new news . So What I push it to the point you all can see what has been going on all along in just about every city in the U.S. and probably the world . Sue me if you can , get in line . The Government trumps your law suit . They get first position just by being the government .

So they want Haiti to back to work . Yeah Lords of Agriculture . They told Me Haiti has been on strike sense 1988 . World markets are collapsing and they need Haiti to step up cause they need an insurance policy in the light of possible market collapses.

What else did they say ? Oh yeah !! Corporation is dependent on slaves so they can deliver the goods at a price you can pay . China labor force cost to much to be profitable so there you go . Slavery still exists it just has a new name . Well it was called indentured servitude at one time . Now it is called jobs for the poor . Except Haiti has an expertise that is some what well hidden from the lowly though of a white person . They are very good at farming and own the micro- farming ability more than a Sea fact Hippie smoking a blunt. They be experts so I am thinking they can deliver a better product at a lower cost and still make a *** pot full of money doing so . Me and my best friends ( The Haitians ) gonna get you . Make you our dependents. It will go better for you if you help them get dignified housing . They will remember you all more favorably if you do. You know how cronyism works.

God dang voodoo is good . Love it ! Love It Love It . Who would of thought that it really works ? Any body try the experiment yet ? I am getting better at it all the time

Note: before my condemnation remember this is Rob's fantasy thread . not that my post is fantasy for it is the honest to God truth, but rather if it is a fantasy then I see it as open game for trolling . Not that I can tell what trolling really is . That seems to be some what of a mythological creature in its self . Not well defined or more defined by crony behavior.

O.K. got to check the shinola link
rpenner
Posted: May 9 2012, 05:59 PM

Fully Wired

Group: Moderators

Positive Feedback: 84.5%
Feedback Score: 397

QUOTE (Mekigal @ May 9 2012, 04:51 PM)
lets see if i know . I am going to take stab at it before I look at the link . Shinola is shoe shin . So the expression is a racist one and one where you shine your shoes with *** . It dates back to when the black man was a shoe shine boy in the eyes of the white man .

How is it racist? Citation required. How are all people who shine shoes black? Citation required.

Shinola was a brand of shoe shine. Brands are important to people who buy things. So the expression most likely comes from a class of people who shine their own shoes and casually engage in vulgarity. I believe blue collar workers or armed services members would be associated with routine self-care of footwear and easy use of obscenity.

Indeed, the expression is traced to WWII barracks by this site: http://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/114000.html

--------------------
愛平兎仏主
"And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:7
It's just good Netiquette. Failing that, Chlorpromazine.
Mekigal
Posted: May 9 2012, 06:33 PM

Advanced Member

QUOTE (rpenner @ May 9 2012, 05:59 PM)
How is it racist? Citation required. How are all people who shine shoes black? Citation required.

Shinola was a brand of shoe shine. Brands are important to people who buy things. So the expression most likely comes from a class of people who shine their own shoes and casually engage in vulgarity. I believe blue collar workers or armed services members would be associated with routine self-care of footwear and easy use of obscenity.

Indeed, the expression is traced to WWII barracks by this site: http://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/114000.html

it is a meme from the past . When people put shoe shine on there face and sang "Oh Mammy" . How old are you? Back when Louis Armstrong was ambassador to the U.S.

Not that the saying is racist for as it was said it was created by world war 2 soldiers in there barracks . Except I got first hand knowledge you don't cause my analysis of my father who art in the Bitteroot . Florance to be exact . It is a meme from the day that a black man had very few opportunities because of being black . How old are you . You know some history has not been recorded for your education . Some things are left out as to try to paint a favrable light on the past .

You take my excepted History of Jake the Greathouse who is said to be a revenge killing because of Danial Greathouses actions that they say started the Dunsmore wars.

It is not accurate. Its a lie . The government needed a scape goat and go figure they found one . It was not even Jacob is the thing . It was Johnathan Greathouse and my aunt . They are my Great what ever Aunt and Uncle . So close that I get my proud middle name from her that had her belly split open and part of her guts tied to a tree and made to march around the tree until she was dead . It was even a different tribe that did the killing than Chief Logan and his bunch so there you go . Facts you can't get in a book . Except if you know how to read past bullshit well there are hidden facts to be found . You can find them in deeds of trust and other documents like will and testaments . I guess I am kind of lucky that way seeing how my grandfather grow up with slaves through his child hood .

Figure that one out math man . My Great uncle nothing removed was a civil war hero named Lucien Phillip Greathouse if you want to verify I am not lying . Hells bells Truman wished he was related to Lucien. 8 times removed he is and he was dang proud of it too . He freed the slaves . The guy in the trench that made it happen . Inspired victory as they say on battle fields . Handed Victory to the figure headed president . See you don't learn that in the books either .

You can take my word for it or you can dig out the facts by much analysis of historic events . Historians don't pull it out of there butts like some people that claim to write history do .

O.K. your a great guy my Man . The best I have ever seen . Your Yes and No is exemplary . Please don't ban me !! Pretty please . I will change . I will be better .

This post has been edited by Mekigal on May 9 2012, 06:38 PM
Mekigal
Posted: May 9 2012, 07:05 PM

Advanced Member

O.K. here is some facts for you . The shoe shine boy could be white but typically was a boy . The Black Man was called a shoe shine boy . Or maybe not but you can not deny that the black Man was called Boy and if you are in right circles and you call a black man a boy he is gonna light you up good . I would not do it if I was you

Now for the rest of the story . People did not run around in tennis shoes like today . They had leather shoes that needed shining like the way Haitians do there vehicles today . There always wiping the dust off there cars . So the shoe shine business was a viable business back in the day especially sense people valued there commodities and the business world didn't quite have a handle on planned obsolescence yet . So they took good care of there goods . Your silver ware was still considered valuable and is why old people still hold on to it to give to there children that see no real value in old silver ware. So people got shoes shined quite frequently . Except if you know conditions in the army during world war 2 you know the black man was the spud peeler and if lucky he was a cook . There are some exceptions by brave men that rose above there prescribed station in life with much difficulty. Beat the odds that they did . Like super men with uncanny talents under extreme pressure to be failures . Super Men of extraordinary will to over come. It is not any easy thing to do

This post has been edited by Mekigal on May 9 2012, 07:35 PM
Robittybob1
Posted: May 9 2012, 07:27 PM

Advanced Member

QUOTE (flyingbuttressman @ May 9 2012, 01:34 PM)
Do you not see the dishonesty in this? You asserted that the planets formed prior to the Sun becoming a main sequence star. Assertion does not equal "showing." I'm fine with this being your make-believe thread, but don't act like you've actually proved anything here.

Do I see myself as being dishonest? No; I chose the word "showed" rather than "proved" for I honestly believe that is what I have achieved.
OK the thread is long now but I remember introducing ideas of how the planets formed under the action of the radiant pressure emanating from the protosun. I mentioned the sequential nature of the formation of the planets. And how the non formation of a planet at the Asteroid Belt region indicated a time, the time the Sun became an Alpha Tauri star. The fact that the gas giant planets ended up with the material that was once in the inner aspects of the Solar System as well.

All these go to show that the planets formed during the protosun period, and the later Sun stages are the times the material are moved outward.

Now as planet like the one above so close in toward its star can only form there from the protoplanetary disc when there is a gentle radiant pressure. The sort of radiant pressure it is getting now would have just blown all the material out to the more distant planets.
Robittybob1
Posted: May 9 2012, 07:53 PM

Advanced Member

I have been monitoring the view rate of this thread and the last 24 hours was the first time we achieved a genuine 200 views.

Thank you all and I really feel we might be making progress in understanding the formation of the Solar System.

Thanks. RB1 XXX
Beer w/Straw
Posted: May 9 2012, 07:57 PM

Advansed Member

QUOTE (Robittybob1 @ May 9 2012, 07:53 PM)
I have been monitoring the view rate of this thread and the last 24 hours was the first time we achieved a genuine 200 views.

Thank you all and I really feel we might be making progress in understanding the formation of the Solar System.

Thanks. RB1 XXX

You can do it, Delusion Man.

I believe in you!

--------------------

Topic Options Pages: (236) « First ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... Last »

Closed Topic · Start new topic · Start new poll

Terms of use