Scientific Forums

Add reply Start new topic Start new poll

> Bullet Into Suicide Vest?, will the vest explode?
enord
Posted: May 5 2011, 11:39 AM

Advanced Member

Group: Power Member

Positive Feedback: 38.46%
Feedback Score: -12

OBL got 2 shots- 1 on the head & 1 on the chest. which hit first? Would the chestshot have exploded a suicide vest?
boit
Posted: May 6 2011, 02:53 PM

Moran of the Burning Spear

Positive Feedback: 62.16%
Feedback Score: 25

A coward like OBL will never have a suicide vest on. That is for another level of cowards. He wouldn't have cowed behind a woman if he had an explosive vest on now, would he?

This post has been edited by boit on May 6 2011, 02:55 PM

--------------------
Boit was last taught physics in class way back in 1994. Whatever he's learnt thereafter is purely by personal effort through this forum and searching the net. He is not an authority in any matter science. Unless with clear referrence, what he puts forward is his own understanding of what he has read and may not always be correct. Peace.
dhcracker
Posted: May 10 2011, 07:06 AM

Advanced Member

Positive Feedback: 55%
Feedback Score: 1

QUOTE (enord @ May 5 2011, 06:39 AM)
OBL got 2 shots- 1 on the head & 1 on the chest. which hit first? Would the chestshot have exploded a suicide vest?

I am qualified to answer this, I do have a blasting license but the answer will most likely disappoint you. It depends on the explosive composition, for instance plastic explosive will not detonate by impact or even the heat from the bullet passing through the material.. its possible an incindiary round may ignite plastic explosives.. not sure there. HOwever most terrorists would be using a nitrate explosive which is inherently unstable, dynamite can explode if you just look at it wrong after it gets so old. But the velocity and heat from a handgun isn't really a good ignition source even for an unstable explosive.
rpenner
Posted: May 10 2011, 03:18 PM

Fully Wired

Group: Moderators

Positive Feedback: 84.5%
Feedback Score: 397

Unless you hit the blasting cap?

--------------------
愛平兎仏主
"And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:7
It's just good Netiquette. Failing that, Chlorpromazine.
dhcracker
Posted: May 20 2011, 08:59 AM

Advanced Member

Positive Feedback: 55%
Feedback Score: 1

QUOTE (rpenner @ May 10 2011, 10:18 AM)
Unless you hit the blasting cap?

Most explosives now use electronic ignition sources, now me I prefer to light a fuse and run.. I don't like stray static electricity it scares the *** out of me. It would actually be far more likely to explode by rubbing your feet on the carpet then touching the said terrorist giving him a "shock" and possibly charging the detonator and blowing everyone up! Or if you prefer use a taser.. that will for sure do it lol. But projectiles at high velocity are pretty useless but for hollywood.

Topic Options

Add reply Start new topic Start new poll

Terms of use