Scientific Forums

Pages: (144) « First ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... Last »  ( Go to first unread post )

Add reply · Start new topic · Start new poll

> Intelligent Design = Creationist MYTHOLOGY, not Science!, Full story at http://www.physorg.com/news5716.html
GeneSplicer
Posted: Sep 30 2005, 06:08 PM

Advanced Member

Group: Members

Positive Feedback: 81.43%
Feedback Score: 84

Again, such fluid faith this is.

So, if the water over the Earth cam from the ort cloud, then the xian god flooded the Earth by sending comets made of ice crashing into the Earth’s atmosphere.

Why was the never-seen-before sight of hundreds of object blazing through the atmosphere not recorded anywhere in the flood myth? And no simply stating massive amounts of rain is not sufficient.

--------------------
Check out my podcasts:

A Moment in Reason http://www.theshallowgenepool.com/podcast amir.htm

The Shallow Gene Pool http://www.theshallowgenepool.com/podcast.htm
Jerry Duke
Posted: Sep 30 2005, 07:43 PM

Group: Restricted User

Positive Feedback: 50%
Feedback Score: 0

user posted imageChrist Jesus came into the world to save sinners
QUOTE (GeneSplicer @ Sep 30 2005, 06:08 PM)
... Why was the never-seen-before sight of hundreds of object blazing through the atmosphere not recorded anywhere ...
I think "the windows of heaven were opened" could include not only rain, but large objects falling from the heavens. Noah might not see any of them, but God would know all about them. God gives us all we need to know and especially the knowledge of his plan of salvation for mankind through his Son Jesus Christ.

In the six hundredth year of Noah's life, in the second month, the seventeenth day of the month, the same day were all the fountains of the great deep broken up, and the windows of heaven were opened. (Genesis 7:11)

How to be Saved

--------------------
How to become a Christian:
• Admit that you are a sinner. You're not alone - "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God" (Romans 3:23)
• Believe in Jesus. The Bible says, "... Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house." (Acts 16:31)
• Commit your life to Christ. If you are ready to turn your life over to Jesus, pray a prayer like this: Lord Jesus, I admit that I am a sinner. I know there is nothing I can do to get rid of my sin. Forgive me and take away my sin. Come into my life and and make me a brand-new person. Help me to follow You and learn more about You. I give my life to You. Amen.
adoucette
Posted: Sep 30 2005, 07:45 PM

Illegitimi non carborundum

Group: Power Member

Positive Feedback: 77.59%
Feedback Score: 205

No one, Noah included, would survive the thermal event caused by this many comets impacting the earth. They may be made of Ice but at 30,000 MPH they impart far more energy than they do water.

It would be an ocean of water all right, of course what was left of it (and not blasted back into space by succeeding impacts) would probably be boiling.

But, assume that we got past this little glitch, then there is the trick of getting that massive amount of excess water OFF the earth and back into the Oort Cloud. Now that's gotta be interesting, comets shooting off from the earth.

Wish they had polaroids back in Noah's day.

Arthur

--------------------
"We cannot prove that those are in error who tell us that society has reached a turning point; that we have seen our best days. But so said all before us, and with just as much apparent reason. On what principle is it that, when we see nothing but improvement behind us, we are to expect nothing but deterioration before us?"

Thomas B. Macaulay
Steveo
Posted: Sep 30 2005, 07:56 PM

Advanced Member

Positive Feedback: 76.47%
Feedback Score: 22

I sort of find it funny that I am using an arguement made by an unapologetic evangelical Christian with a PhD in Theology, and Jerry Duke just tosses out his interpretation. At that lecture this professor also pointed out that when he tells people of his faculty position at my university (University of Alberta) when he is in Europe (he is a professor of Science and Religion) that they think its funny that this type of position is needed. North America (especially America) seems to be the only place stupid enough to think that you have to believe in one or the other......The rest of the world thinks this is a ridiculous issue. Thankfully for "my camp" most of us realize that you can have faith and science together, but it seems to be mostly lacking for the fundamentalist camp.

To point out another thing this professor said that evolution is faith independent. You can look at the evidence, and see everything. As soon as you make the jump to either "god did it" or "there is no god" or any other jump you have left science and are now in metaphysics. As he pointed out, both conclusions are reasonable, and even logical, but they are no longer science. You can reason without it being science. That is possible. Stop conflating the issue (a word I stole from that lecture....good word I think)

So to end this off, some of us are evolutionists, some are creationists, but we are all CONFLATIONISTS hahaha

--------------------
"Physics is like sex: sure, it may give some practical results, but that's not why we do it."
"Physics is to math what sex is to masturbation."
"But I don't have to know an answer. I don't feel frightened by not knowing things, by being lost in the mysterious universe without having any purpose—which is the way it really is, as far as I can tell, possibly. It doesn't frighten me." - Richard Feynman
adoucette
Posted: Sep 30 2005, 09:10 PM

I find it interesting that someone who believes God created the earth and everything on it in 6 days has to resort to dragging comets from the Oort cloud to wipe out evil.

If you can do the former, no need to resort to the latter.

As far as the Oort cloud, it is only theoretical. No proof of its existence has been found.

Only one "possible" Oort cloud object has been found, Sedna, and it was nowhere near where the Oort cloud was thought to begin (it was ~ 1000 AU while the Oort cloud is theorized to start around 50,000 AU). It also had a minimum size equal to our moon, but is likely to be closer to twice its size. Thus, given our paucity of data, to theorize on the number of objects or their average size within the Oort cloud is at best a SWAG (Silly Wild *** Guess).

Arthur

--------------------
"We cannot prove that those are in error who tell us that society has reached a turning point; that we have seen our best days. But so said all before us, and with just as much apparent reason. On what principle is it that, when we see nothing but improvement behind us, we are to expect nothing but deterioration before us?"

Thomas B. Macaulay
SoLoved
Posted: Sep 30 2005, 10:28 PM

Feedback Score: -2

QUOTE (adoucette @ Sep 30 2005, 01:45 PM)
No one, Noah included, would survive the thermal event caused by this many comets impacting the earth. They may be made of Ice but at 30,000 MPH they impart far more energy than they do water.

So, if there is a God who sent these comets to the earth, supposedly for the purpose of flooding the earth while Noah waits in the ark, but then Noah dies. Boy, that was sure a dumb move by God now wasn't it? Geesh.

God should have asked you guys first.
adoucette
Posted: Sep 30 2005, 10:47 PM

The point is flooding the earth by hitting it with comets, some the size of our moon, is not likely to leave ANYTHING alive. Obviously a poor choice of water supply. But if God created the Universe and everything in it in just 6 days, its hard to believe he couldn't just MAKE the water and would resort to dragging comets from several light years away.

What's actually kind of funny is a "standard" creationist argument is that comets are "proof" that the solar system isn't that old. The Oort cloud (still hypothetical) is the scientific answer to why there are STILL comets, even though the solar system is 6+ billion years old

Arthur

--------------------

Thomas B. Macaulay
SoLoved
Posted: Oct 1 2005, 03:29 AM

Evolution is a vital, well-supported, unifying principle of the biological sciences, and the scientific evidence is overwhelmingly in favor of the idea that all living things share a common ancestry. Although there are legitimate debates about the patterns and processes of evolution, there is no serious scientific doubt that evolution occurred or that natural selection is a major mechanism in its occurrence. It is scientifically inappropriate and pedagogically irresponsible for creationist pseudoscience, including but not limited to "intelligent design," to be introduced into the science curricula of our nation's public schools.

The above is the creed of scientists named Steve and of evolutionists accoding to adoucette.
Then it is a miracle that 400 scientists dared to disagree with the 'establishment'.
This creed is horribly biased, unmoving, disrespectful, and a downright hindrance to the advancement of modern science.

Well supported - not
Unifying -absolutely not
Overwhelming - only to scientists named Steve
Common ancestry - Intelligent Design and the Bible disprove this statement
Legitimate debates - right on - I'm all for that
Scientific doubt does not exist- only by 50-90% of the populations, that's all.
Natural selection - not - this is disputed by scientists with names from every letter of the alphabet
Pedagogically - evolution is Characterized by pedantic formality: in a haughty, pedagogic manner.
Irresponsible and inappropriate - Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me.
Pseudo-Science = evolution
Creationist Science and Intelligent Design - must be introduced into the curricula of our public schools, colleges, and universities in order to advance science and save humanity from rampant secularism and materialism, and a whole list of other things. It should also be advanced in every Science Lab in the world.

You know, God said He would never destroy a city like Sodom and Gomorrah in such a way again, and put the rainbow in the sky to remind us of this. But I don't remember Him saying anything about evolutionists. I'm so funny, I know.

Isn't it strange that the Bible never mentions anything about evolution? Have you ever thought of that, or wondered why? Wouldn't you think that if there was an ounce of truth to evolution, that there would be something written in the Bible that would, even if accidentally, agree with evolution? Could it be that evolution is just a theory to eliminate God and/or gods? Maybe not by y'all, innocent as you are. But by someone. It's a conspiracy, I knew it. Mwa ha ha ha ha ha.

The Bible has 66 books, written by about 40 authors, they say. From start to finish, it clues us in to Jesus Christ, our Lord and Savior. All the stories in the Bible speak of and teach us about God, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit. It is in perfect harmony and agreement.

The same cannot be said of evolution or even the theory it's based on. If you took 66 books written about evolution, they would not be in perfect agreement with each other (unless of course it was the same book). Why is that?

For the advancement of Science in the 21st century - we must allow Intelligent Design to be incorporated into every area of our studies. First science, then health, then history, then sociology, until we have taken over the world. Mwa ha ha ha ha ha.

The evolutionists worry, moan, and groan that Intelligent Design is just creationism in disguise - they say that ID is funded by creationists, etc. So what! So what if it is. The facts are that even if creationists are supporting the ID efforts,they have compromised by agreeing to many stipulations of the various school boards and ID promoters so that we can begin to move forward.

The same cannot be said of evolutionists.

Seriously, teaching opposing views and alternate theories is a necessary step in unifying the schools vs the parents, and even the country.

The point is flooding the earth by hitting it with comets, some the size of our moon, is not likely to leave ANYTHING alive.

It's all in the wrist.
Steveo
Posted: Oct 1 2005, 03:35 AM

Advanced Member

Whats really funny is I was never even talking about Noah's flood. My statement was about day 2 of creation, where god made a firmament and there was water above and water below. And that this was ancient science because 3000 years ago a blue sky, that sometimes 'spits' water down could reasonably be considered an ocean above. And that Psalm said that the firmament is still up there today. Jerry Duke distorted the issue with the Oort cloud. But 3000 years ago do you think that a god would accomadate the knowledge of the day with a reference to a 21 century hypothetical astronomical 'body', or would he accomadate them on their level of understanding? The point that professor Lamerioux made was that god would not tell the hebrew's about the big bang and astro physics and such, but he would put it in there terms, so considering the 6 days of creation as literally the universe made in 6 days is silly. And why would he explain evolution to them when all they would know is their generations, and their parents generations through stories. As far as they would know every generation would be human, or in cows would all be cows.....they would not be able to fathom evolution, so why would god over complicate things for them? Just like if your 5 year old kid asks where baby's come from you wouldn't explain in detail the cell division of a fertalized egg, but you might say that when a woman loves a man they have sex daddy's sperm fertilizes mommy's egg and that was you. This makes sense to a kid, but isn't to complicated. Everything I have typed is working from the assumption that there is a god....hope you can appreciate me looking at things from your point of view even though I don't believe it.

--------------------
"Physics is like sex: sure, it may give some practical results, but that's not why we do it."
"But I don't have to know an answer. I don't feel frightened by not knowing things, by being lost in the mysterious universe without having any purpose—which is the way it really is, as far as I can tell, possibly. It doesn't frighten me." - Richard Feynman
Steveo
Posted: Oct 1 2005, 03:58 AM

Advanced Member

I point to what I said about Professor Lamerioux again. He went into his evolutionary studies with the goal of destroying evolution and he was convinced that it is fact. He even used that statement.

You say the bible is scientifically accurate, and you attack that there is no mention of evolution, but where does it mention the big bang? And saying "then there was light" does not mean big bang, because you take the bible literally, word for word. Where does it talk about General Relativity and Tensor analysis, and Quantum Field Theory, and Particle/wave duality. If the fact that evolution is left from the bible means it is not true, than any other accepted scientific theory that is not mentioned word for word, or even hinted at, also has to be forgotten. As I stated before, there was a very specific question asked, and 40% of american scientists feel that there is a personal god who interacts with people in a tangible way, so stop associating science and or evolution with atheism. It only makes you look stupider and stupider every time you do it. Here I go, trying to be nice, trying to look at things from as close to an unbiased perspective as I can, and you go be a ***. Now I feel that I have to be a *** back, because.....an eye for an eye you know.....or is it turn the other cheek? I am so confused.....these biblical morals are tough because they contradict eachother......I might just be better off losing all morals and doing whatever I feel like.....I will have the same actions with none of the mental anguish from confusion!!!

The evolutionists worry, moan, and groan that Intelligent Design is just creationism in disguise - they say that ID is funded by creationists, etc. So what! So what if it is. The facts are that even if creationists are supporting the ID efforts,they have compromised by agreeing to many stipulations of the various school boards and ID promoters so that we can begin to move forward.

You have said before that science is knowledge, so under that definition, if ID is really science it should NEVER EVER be compromised. The fact that creationists are willing to compromise PROVES without a shadow of a doubt that ID is not science. (I love playing by your rules.....Not having integrity makes things so much easier doesn't it?) In a history class would you say "Well, most of the world believes that the holocaust happens, but because some of the racist, anti semites in the world disagree, our official academic position is 'we don't know if the holocaust really happened'"? I really hope the answer is NO!! And if thats the case, it is not to big of a jump to see just how stupid what you are asking is. Wait, let me make it more clear! "The THEORY that the holocaust happened is believed by many. The THEORY that the holocaust didn't happen is believed by some also.....they are both theories and are just as likely to be true" Does that sound retarded? I SURE HOPE YOU THINK SO!!!

For the advancement of Science in the 21st century - we must allow Intelligent Design to be incorporated into every area of our studies. First science, then health, then history, then sociology, until we have taken over the world. Mwa ha ha ha ha ha.

Thanks soloved, you just PROVED to me that creationists goals are not knowledge but to gain power and control the world. You have helped concrete my view that religion is just a tool used by the powerful to further exploit and control the powerless uneducated people. "God did it, so no need to research it" would sure keep people in the dark about anything church groups would need to do to stay in power.
That is sure an UNFAIR assessment of religion isn't it? Sounds like something Genesplicer would say not me right? Want to know why I typed such a thing? Because after carefully writing a diplomatic response more or less from a christian point of view, and actually feeling quite good for doing it because I was showing the least amount of prejudice I could I kicled "add reply" and I was subjected to your piece of trash post. I don't understand you Soloved. You seem to actually practice what you preach, and seem to become a bit more open minded, then you always regress into the same useless waste of words crap that sounds like "Its not my way, and your all retarded for not seeing it my way and I won't stop until the whole world sees it my way". Learn some class, learn some tact, and learn from your good book. Doesn't it say in there somewhere that god gives us the courage to change what we can change, and the serenity to change the things we can't change, and the wisdom to know the difference? You obcviously don't know the difference as you keep spouting off the same garabage about ID belonging in the classroom.
And just so you know, anytime I have responded with lots of emotion like right now it has always been in reaction to one of your idiotic posts! If you show intelligence and respect, so will I, but when you don't, I don't either.

--------------------
SoLoved
Posted: Oct 1 2005, 05:30 AM

I don't understand you Soloved. You seem to actually practice what you preach, and seem to become a bit more open minded, then you always regress into the same useless waste of words crap that sounds like "Its not my way, and your all retarded for not seeing it my way and I won't stop until the whole world sees it my way"

I have been crucified on this board in the last 3-4 days. I'm just giving certain folks on the board here a taste of their own medicine. Turning the other cheek is highly over rated and is always taken completely out of context when its used by people who don't believe in the Bible.
What's really funny is that some of the folks respond better that way. I usually just get a bunch of junk back - but these last couple of posts I actually got a legitimate response back. The one that most trips my trigger is GeneSplicer, then Grumpy, then Adoucette, then RealityCheck. Solidspin lost out a long time ago.

Disclaimer: The following does not happen every time in every situation but it does happen most of the time.

People here don't seem to respect an honest answer. All I see is attack after attack. It's obvious that most just look for irrelevant details to attack. Never really answering the post in an honest and thoughtful way. If I list a source, they attack the source and never discuss the article. If I admit a weakness, they attack the weakness, but skip the heart of the post. It's just like the world we live in - everybody's trying to get off on a technicality. Nobody accepts responsibility. No one is accountable to anyone for anything. Blame everybody else except yourself. Sue somebody to get rich. Do it if it feels good. Nothing you do affects the world in a positive or negative way (to quote GS) so it doesn't matter if you sin. Oh,and this xiam baloney - what's a matter - are you afraid to say CHRIST? That is just disrespectful - and yes, you should give a dang.

Why do you say such things as 'I hope you finally understand....' Not nice. Being reasonable has never been a detriment to science.

By the way, the creed statement above referring to Steve - is not you - it's all the scientists named Steve that adoucette says agree with this idiotic dogma of evolution.

Also, you say you show respect.....and when you have I have commended you for it - I said your Dr. post was a decent post and I responded to it. Then you came back with some ding-dongy remarks.

You don't know much about home schooling in the US, and this is a fact not a critiicism. Home schooled kids are some of the top academic students in the US. The most recent National Spelling Bee champs, 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place were all won by home schooled kids - see source:
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article....RTICLE_ID=15380.
There are numerous examples of home school success here in the US. Too many to mention. People home school for many reasons, not just religious. Your comment was ignorant. For the record, my kids go to a public school.

adoucettes remarks about just an old wheel. What's up with that? Closed minded, that's what. You sit there and expect us to believe that your 'stuff' is beelion of years old and when we try to show you a wheel that's thousands of years old you say we're full of it. Them's fightin words.

You can sit back and laught GS, but it doesn't change the fact that this is ignorant thinking.

You know, AT & T - telephone company - didn't go with the flow and invest in new technology and now look at them - they're in last place. The same thing will happen to evolutionists. You'll get left behind (pun) and you'll be stuck in the 19th century. Progress cannot be stopped. The more you try to hide ID the more people want to know about it. Americans don't hide their religion - some countries force you to - you should all go live there. Oh, but don't plan on coming back to this forum - I'm sure that's not allowed either.

There is nothing worse than trying to communicate with a person who is closed-minded. Each of us should be willing to learn and consider new concepts, so that we can grow in our understanding of what life is all about.

How to Have an Open Mind:

--Value the truth more than your own pride.

--Be honest with the facts you have, and be honest about the fact that you don't have all the facts.

--Growth equals change. For you to grow in your understanding of truth, you'll have to change. If the first time you heard everything and thought over it, you ended up 100% correct, then change will be unnecessary for you. But if you share humanity with the other 6.5 billion of us, chances are you need to grow…and growth equals change.

--Remember that there are usually two sides to every story.
"The first to present his case seems right, till another comes forward and questions him." Prov. 18:17 NIV

RealityCheck
Posted: Oct 1 2005, 05:53 AM

Advanced Member

Positive Feedback: 70%
Feedback Score: 9

SoLoved, Steveo and everyone.

Please can anyone explain, when 'god' bestowed 'free will' to people to 'choose' 'god' or not, why couldn't he ALSO have bestowed to them PERFECT UNDERSTANDING so that no 'middle-men' would be needed to 'put' god's 'case', in which case people would be 'rewarded/punished' according to their 'free will choices' based on perfect understanding rather than confusion/ignorance. Would it have 'hurt' anything to give people a 'fair chance' to get it right. I mean, all this talk of 'god' and 'moses' having to 'dumb down' things for our ancestors...IF GOD COULD DO ANYTHING, why didn't god ALSO GIVE ALL KNOWLEDGE 'COMPLETE' AND 'UNVARNISHED', RIGHT FROM THE START AND FOREVER...unless of course this 'god' IS NO 'god' at all, or this 'god' is a SADIST and DECEIVER relishing the same delights as Jerry Duke's SATAN...perhaps they are both two sides of the same coin, heh?

And SoLoved: I've diagnosed your condition...you don't really care about 'god', 'bible' or 'anything', you just want to be taken notice of, because you have probably NO FAITH IN ANYTHING WHATSOEVER...otherwise you wouldn't be acting/posting as you are obviously impelled to do by whomever influences your 'unfaithful' thought processes and opinions at the moment. You try to 'protect' yourself by 'jesting' and putting on a front of 'simple, loving, compassionate kindliness', when in fact you come across as just 'aimless' and ‘faithless’, 'simpering' and just plain 'simple'. It's almost painful to watch your bumbling and blundering within these fora. If it weren't so serious it would be entertaining enough to pay good money to see more of it. Sad.

RealityCheck.

--------------------
RealityCheck is a terrorist, crybaby and poster of anti-scientific crap.
RealityCheck is the sound of one hand wanking.
gadfly
Posted: Oct 1 2005, 11:39 AM

Positive Feedback: 100%
Feedback Score: 4

GeneSplicer:

I agree that the breathing system of dinosaurs may have been less efficient than mammals and reptiles - but am unsure about birds? This may have made it virtually impossible for dinosaurs [but again birds?] to live in the same atmosphere after their demise 65 million years ago [mya].

I am still puzzled by conflicting studies about the possible relationship of dinosaurs to birds. There was How Dinosaurs Grew So Large--and So Small; Scientific American Magazine; July 2005; by John R. Horner, Kevin Padian and Armand de Ricqlès; 8 page(s) among others.

I guess I favor the view of Alan Feduccia, University of North Carolina - Chapel Hill, that the “fossil evidence shows dinosaurs and birds to be descendants of a common ancestor“, rather than the view that birds are directly descended from dinosaurs..

Puzzling data include:
A - "Bird-Hipped" dinosaurs - Ornithischians - hip structure similar to birds - but did not lead to birds.
B - "Lizard-Hipped" dinosaurs - Saurischians - hip structure similar to lizards, yet apparently some consider the theropods of this group to be the ancestors of birds.

Puzzling past articles include:
1 - The Terror Birds of South America; Larry G Marshall; February 1994; 270 (2): 90-95 - reissued or updated in Dinosaurs and Other Monsters; Scientific American Special Edition 14 (2): 82-89 - both available at Scientific American Digital Archives
http://www.sciamdigital.com/
2 - Terror Birds: Predators With a Kung Fu Kick? By John Pickrell in National Geographic News 1 August 2005 based upon a paper by R Ernesto Blanco and Washington Jones - University of the Republic in Uruguay - in Proceedings of the Royal Society B
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/20...errorbirds.html

In 1 - as I recall [update NOT read, original article NOT reviewed for this post], Marshall speculated that these birds may have roamed into the Florida peninsula and may have encountered man (Clovis?). If so, this is more consistent with the mythological Roc than with a dinosaur. I cannot recall any mention of dinosaur or Roc in the bible so I am baffled by why CS supporters mention man meeting dinosaur.

In 2 - “Phorusrhacids would give even Alfred Hitchcock the shivers: Also known as terror birds, some were nearly 10 feet (3 meters) tall, weighed over half a ton (500 kilograms), and could swallow a dog in a single gulp. “ - again this is more like the mythological Roc than a dinosaur.

--------------------
"If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?"
- Albert Einstein
SoLoved
Posted: Oct 2 2005, 02:37 AM

realitycheck,

You're not going to get anywhere with questions and statements like the ones you just posted. Name calling, intolerant, and hateful. Just what is it that you're trying to accomplish with your posts?

God is God and does as He sees fit. It is a common tactic for people who don't believe in God to attack Him by saying he's a bad God, and if you were God - boy would you ever do it differently. This is a common problem with non-believers.

RealityCheck
Posted: Oct 2 2005, 04:53 AM

Advanced Member

Positive Feedback: 70%
Feedback Score: 9

Hello SoLoved.

You don't disappoint. It's most certainly worth the price of admission to watch you weave and duck the questions using a 'hurt' tone. If you're NOT going to answer the question, then SAY so and justify your stance...don't just 'lable' the question as unfit to answer; or accuse one of making statements which offend your sensibilities...which sensibilities, by the way, do not prevent YOU from casting aspersions on others!

And what am I trying to accomplish? Just exactly what I have done, if your response is anything to go by. To make you show yourself for all the world to see that you and others like you are well-meaning but nonetheless ultimately DANGEROUS PURVEYORS OF SUPERSTITIOUS DELUSION AND WILFUL IGNORANCE. I for one do NOT wish my children/grandchildren to EVER come to the point of being under the 'control' of such people as you and ID/CSers OR ANY OTHER 'CRAZY SUPERSTITIOUS MOB RULE' of the sort that INEVITABLY EVOLVES ONCE 'REASON' AND 'INDEPENDENT/PLURALISTIC THOUGHT' comes under the political sway of half-baked loonies like those that once flourished...and still do in some parts of the world, if the likes of Jerry Duke and the Mad Mullahs are anything to go by.

Tell me, SoLoved, if someone PROPOSED THE 'KILLING' OF YOUR OWN CHILDREN'S FUTURE INTELLECTUAL FREEDOM, how 'nice' would YOU be to that 'murderous' intellect, no matter how that intellect is 'dressed up' as reasonable 'equal time for all theories' subterfuge?

And the opening of your second paragraph says it all. I quote: “God is God and does as He sees fit.” By that you obviously mean “TO hell with, Intelligence, Reason, Fairness, Free Will and Self-determination as to what to ‘believe’"...without ‘middlemen’ sheisters like yourself and others who all they wish to do is sell books for power and profit...regardless of the psychological/spiritual/social cost to any poor unfortunate who happens to fall for their ‘spiel’.

Let’s face it, EVERYONE HERE CAN SEE WHAT YOU ARE, AND IT’S NOT PRETTY...ITS SAD AND DANGEROUS...because its well-meaning types like you who give the ‘cover’ to the miscreants who carried out Witch Burnings in Salem and Heretic Burnings in Spain. Tell me why, SoLoved, would you wish to foster the same idiotically dangerous ‘times’/’idealogies’ that inevitably produce such horrors. Don’t you have ANY pity for your children and any others’ children who may in the future (if you succeed) become VICTIMS of such horrors? Have you no conscience/comprehension at all for what you are purveying? Surely no-one could be so far gone as to not see it once it’s been pointed out as I have done NOW.

And anyway, I’m saying that IF your god exists, all evidence points to your god being a sadist, deceiver and delighter in torture of those that your god supposedly ‘created’.

And it’s not IF I WERE GOD I’d do a better job, so much as that II BEING GOD is to behave as your god does, then I’m only too happy to be a mortal human...at least I wouldn’t have to live with the knowledge of being your *** god, and having to face up to what I'd done to the innocents for all eternity. So spare me YOUR rationalisations as to what I MEAN...self-expression is STILL a freedom I and my children enjoy despite the past efforts of such as you.

SoLoved, by all means go ahead and mentally cripple YOUR OWN KIDS if you must, but I implore you, SPARE THE CHILDREN OF OTHERS...what did they ever do to you?!

RealityCheck.

--------------------
RealityCheck is a terrorist, crybaby and poster of anti-scientific crap.
RealityCheck is the sound of one hand wanking.

Topic Options Pages: (144) « First ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... Last »

Add reply · Start new topic · Start new poll

Terms of use