Scientific Forums

Add reply Start new topic Start new poll

> Black Holes
banjolad
Posted: Oct 19 2008, 01:23 PM

Group: Members

Positive Feedback: 0%
Feedback Score: 0

I have taken a more simplistic veiw on black holes. If you reach the speed of light you couldn't be seen. If we think about objects that perform this: electrons, electricity, radar. therefore if we look at an object in the very dense part of a galaxy. that has acheived enough mass that the spin at the event horizon is as fast the C. or has become energy it would appear lightless
Gnat
Posted: Oct 27 2008, 02:43 PM

Positive Feedback: 100%
Feedback Score: 1

I don't get what you are asking? Are you asking if a blackhole is made up of particles moving at light speed or if it is just a feild of energy drawing everything around it to itself? unsure.gif ph34r.gif
WhiteRhasta
Posted: Oct 28 2008, 03:10 AM

Positive Feedback: 66.67%
Feedback Score: 3

Really depending on what you are actually referring to, we know photons constantly travel the speed of light even though losing energy when exiting gravitational fields. As far as black holes are concerned by devouring light, Its been said that can travel near speed of light. General Relativity states nothing exceeds speed of light so assuming light cant escape black holes and that's what many scientists theorize as Event Horizon, and Singularity. I'm not exactly sure at what you are getting at but mass-less particles adhere to light velocity, but larger masses and particles I don't believe travel light velocity.

--------------------
"This isn't right,
This isn't even wrong".

(Wolfgang Pauli)

"Arrogance on the part of the meritorious is even more offensive than the arrogance of those without merit, For merit itself is offensive.

(Friedrich Nietzsche)

Topic Options

Add reply Start new topic Start new poll

Terms of use