Scientific Forums

Pages: (5) 1 [2] 3 4 ... Last »  ( Go to first unread post )

Add reply · Start new topic · Start new poll

> Bringer-of-light - Religious Idiot., Here's the proof.
buttershug
Posted: Jun 27 2008, 06:44 PM

Advanced Member

Group: Power Member

Positive Feedback: 88%
Feedback Score: 146

QUOTE (Bringer-of-Light @ Jun 27 2008, 06:26 PM)
Another thing- I am being honest and argueing on the issues, you are trying to show personal flaws as mine and use them as a reason to discount my arguments. There is a difference.

We are being honest with you and showing you, your ignorance which you have displayed starting with your choice of name.
There is so much you don't know but you come on here acting as if you have all the answers.

And you still havn't told us why you reject Mohamed and the Koran.
Or if you have I missed it.

--------------------
If you want to keep believing in the Wizard, never look behind the curtain. You will be disappointed.
gmilam
Posted: Jun 27 2008, 07:16 PM

This line intentionally left blank

Group: Members

Positive Feedback: 81.97%
Feedback Score: 89

QUOTE (Bringer-of-Light @ Jun 27 2008, 01:41 PM)
Gmilam - your cruelty is uncalled for.

Anyone who threatens people with eternal damnation has earned any and all verbal abuse that comes their way.

If you want to discuss science, then let's discuss science. If you want to judge people, then the judgement you give shall be the judgement you receive.

--------------------
"I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused." - Elvis Costello
PuckSR
Posted: Jun 27 2008, 07:21 PM

---------

Positive Feedback: 83.33%
Feedback Score: 37

Dabeer- I understand what you are saying and I respect you and the arguments you have advanced on this forum but there are a lot of good people in hell. Heaven Is reached through Christ alone and without Christ there is only hell. It may not be fair because some people never even get the chance to hear about Jesus and some people are brainwashed into atheism but it is what it is.

This always confuses me...
You say this as plainly as saying "his shirt is red" or "the sky is blue".
Yet, you have no real concrete reason to believe that statement.

Show me any proof of your claims about hell and "Christ"

--------------------
Did you know that female hyenas have a pseudo-penis?
A hyenas clitoris is larger than a male hyena's penis.
gmilam
Posted: Jun 27 2008, 07:39 PM

QUOTE (gmilam @ Jun 27 2008, 02:16 PM)
Anyone who threatens people with eternal damnation has earned any and all verbal abuse that comes their way.

If you want to discuss science, then let's discuss science. If you want to judge people, then the judgement you give shall be the judgement you receive.

BoL,

Since you brought up the "collective unconscious" I assume you are familiar with the writings of Carl Jung. Are you familiar with his theories on personality?

If so, let me give you a little insight about me. On the MBTI test I register as an INTP. Part of the INTP profile is:

They're very tolerant and flexible in most situations, unless one of their firmly held beliefs has been violated or challenged, in which case they may take a very rigid stance.

Your threats of hell have violated one of my firmly held beliefs. If you drop the judgemental attitude, then I'll drop the insults.

But then you still have that arrogant name... (Damn, I really am trying.)

This post has been edited by gmilam on Jun 27 2008, 07:39 PM

--------------------
Bringer-of-Light
Posted: Jun 27 2008, 08:41 PM

Positive Feedback: 16%
Feedback Score: -17

I didn't know that atheism could count as a deeply held belief. I stand corrected. I don't know why you don't like my name. I did not mean for it to seem arrogant and I still don't understand how it does.

My speaking about hell is done for the benefit of those who need a reminder of the fruit that misdeeds and faithlessness bear. I'm not trying to be insulting here.

--------------------
When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life." (John 8:12)
gmilam
Posted: Jun 27 2008, 08:49 PM

QUOTE (Bringer-of-Light @ Jun 27 2008, 03:41 PM)
I didn't know that atheism could count as a deeply held belief. I stand corrected. I don't know why you don't like my name. I did not mean for it to seem arrogant and I still don't understand how it does.

My speaking about hell is done for the benefit of those who need a reminder of the fruit that misdeeds and faithlessness bear. I'm not trying to be insulting here.

The deeply held belief/principle is you threatening people with hell. You are in no position to judge anyone.

Bringer of light is implying that we are in the dark. If you don't see that as arrogant, then maybe you need some light.

This post has been edited by gmilam on Jun 27 2008, 08:52 PM

--------------------
Steveo
Posted: Jun 27 2008, 08:51 PM

Advanced Member

Positive Feedback: 76.47%
Feedback Score: 22

And the road to hell is paved with good intentions. First of all, IF you truly wanted to "help" people you would realize that when you attack someone and claim they are going to hell, it causes people to get defensive. When people get defensive they are less likely to absorb anything you say.

However, since I am pretty sure you are not actually here to "help" people I think you are accomplishing exactly what you are trying to. That being making yourself feel better by telling others they are going to hell.

--------------------
"Physics is like sex: sure, it may give some practical results, but that's not why we do it."
"Physics is to math what sex is to masturbation."
"But I don't have to know an answer. I don't feel frightened by not knowing things, by being lost in the mysterious universe without having any purpose—which is the way it really is, as far as I can tell, possibly. It doesn't frighten me." - Richard Feynman
Bringer-of-Light
Posted: Jun 27 2008, 08:55 PM

Why would I feel good about people going to hell? Hell is a very unpleasant place. I am here because the idea of people roasting in hell is painful to me.

--------------------
When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life." (John 8:12)
Steveo
Posted: Jun 27 2008, 09:21 PM

Advanced Member

Why would I feel good about people going to hell? Hell is a very unpleasant place. I am here because the idea of people roasting in hell is painful to me.

I don't believe you, BUT if you are being honest, then you need to find a different approach. Attacking atheists with claims about the bible will never work. Any person with half a brain should be able to see that. You need to find a way to discuss the merits of your religion without attacking people. When people get defensive, or insulted they tune you out. Now, the problem here is that many of the atheists on this forum arrived at such a position on years of thought, introspection and studying, both of religion and science. Most people here have made up their minds, and without new and convincing evidence will not change their minds.

Like another poster said, maybe you should stop debating people on the internet and get out in your community and do some good for people. I bet you if you feed a homeless man he would be much more likely to listen to you with an open mind than someone you insult. And even if he doesn't convert to your brand of christianity, at least you will have helped someone. This is something your god likes.

Its funny, you also came here spouting "tolerance and love" but you seem to be one of the most intolerant and loveless people I have seen on these forums. You should be tolerant of other people's beliefs and respect the fact that they have made decisions and are willing to face the consequences of these decisions (if such consequences as hell exist)

--------------------
"Physics is like sex: sure, it may give some practical results, but that's not why we do it."
"But I don't have to know an answer. I don't feel frightened by not knowing things, by being lost in the mysterious universe without having any purpose—which is the way it really is, as far as I can tell, possibly. It doesn't frighten me." - Richard Feynman
Gary Gaulin
Posted: Jun 27 2008, 09:34 PM

Advanced Member

Positive Feedback: 21.43%
Feedback Score: -109

QUOTE (Bringer-of-Light @ Jun 27 2008, 06:18 PM)
What do you think hell is? A playground?

Belief in a "Hell" goes back to the hollow earth theory where people believed there is a world inside where bad people are burned by the hot magma. fire, and brimstone they sometimes observed coming to the surface. If you can prove this is true then there is a Hell, which shouldn't be hard if you can then find the hole that leads into it. Might be fruitless though, considering the depths that have been drilled or mined to without ever reaching a hollow inside.

Hell is supposed to be right here, below your feet and almost within shouting distance, not some far away place or dimension. So why has it never been found?

--------------------
The theory of intelligent design holds that certain features of the universe and of living things are best explained by an intelligent cause, not an undirected process such as natural selection.

Download here:
https://sites.google.com/site/intelligenceprograms/Home/TheoryOfIntelligentDesign.doc
MjolnirPants
Posted: Jun 27 2008, 09:38 PM

Freakishly Large Member

Positive Feedback: 65.14%
Feedback Score: 205

QUOTE (Gary Gaulin @ Jun 27 2008, 09:34 PM)
Belief in a "Hell" goes back to the hollow earth theory where people believed there is a world inside where bad people are burned by the hot magma. fire, and brimstone they sometimes observed coming to the surface. If you can prove this is true then there is a Hell, which shouldn't be hard if you can then find the hole that leads into it. Might be fruitless though, considering the depths that have been drilled or mined to without ever reaching a hollow inside.

Hell is supposed to be right here, below your feet and almost within shouting distance, not some far away place or dimension. So why has it never been found?

ROFLMAO
This feller can't even get his fictional cosmology right...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hell

--------------------
-=Forum Mafia OG=-
It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument. - William G. Mcadoo
But it's hella fun to try. - Me

I've got a hammer in my pants,
It shoots lightning.
http://bigdumbblog.wordpress.com
buttershug
Posted: Jun 27 2008, 09:41 PM

Advanced Member

Positive Feedback: 88%
Feedback Score: 146

QUOTE (Bringer-of-Light @ Jun 27 2008, 08:55 PM)

You should feel bad about going there yourself.

--------------------
If you want to keep believing in the Wizard, never look behind the curtain. You will be disappointed.
Bringer-of-Light
Posted: Jun 27 2008, 09:41 PM

I forgot about this. There was once a dig in siberia where they drilled to a new record depth and broke into a hollow chamber only to heae the screams of those from hell. If you haven't heard of this I know why. Atheists control the media and they suppress this sore of thing. They do the same to ghost sightings.

--------------------
Steveo
Posted: Jun 27 2008, 09:44 PM

Advanced Member

Atheists control the media and they suppress this sore of thing

How do you explain fox news then? And I thought it was the jews who controlled the media?

I love this argument. You hate a group, then you claim that they control the media and everything is a big conspiracy. You are an idiot Bringer of Light!

--------------------
gmilam
Posted: Jun 27 2008, 09:49 PM

QUOTE (Bringer-of-Light @ Jun 27 2008, 04:41 PM)
They do the same to ghost sightings.

Have you tuned into the SciFi channel lately?

I can't escape the damn paranormal/hauntings shows. Jeez, and they are blantantly BS.

Example: "I have a meter that detects electromagnetic energy. Look at how the needle moves when I point it over there."

Yeah, I have one too. It's in my camera bag. Although I usually call it a light meter. biggrin.gif

--------------------

Topic Options Pages: (5) 1 [2] 3 4 ... Last »

Add reply · Start new topic · Start new poll

Terms of use