Scientific Forums

Pages: (3) [1] 2 3   ( Go to first unread post )

Add reply · Start new topic · Start new poll

> Math Logic Disproves Evolution Part Ii
no1nose
Posted: Jun 11 2008, 06:08 PM

Group: Power Member

Positive Feedback: 5.88%
Feedback Score: -54

My motivation for writing this post is not to change your minds but to give you something to think about and to test my beliefs in an open forum. Steel sharpens steel as it is written so thanks to you who care and are willing to make the effort to fight for what you think is right.

I am still very much convinced that Evolution is simply an idea in some people’s minds and not the reality of the natural world. It is no coincidence that it parallels Christianity so closely - this was where Darwin stole most of “his” ideas.

Both Evolution and Christianity are about the transformation of one species into another. For Christianity it is the creation of the new man. Darwin’s scenario begins with one member being different at birth. This follows Christianity as Jesus was different – being conceived by the Holy Spirit. In Evolution this “mutation” gives the individual an advantage in survival. Having been raised from the dead proves that Jesus was a survivor. Finally in evolution the member of a species are not like this new individual becomes “extinct”. This too follows the Christianity in that those who do not accept Jesus are lost. Please note that none of these ideas are self evident in the natural world. They are read into it by our preconceived ideas.

Even if I am completely wrong - evolution itself points to Jesus as mankind’s savior. We can easily see this by asking the question “from an evolutionary point of view who will transform and “save” mankind?”

If everyone became like Jesus there would be no hunger because he was able to feed people. Neither would be there be sickness, war or death. The same can not be said for Buddha, Mohamed, or Moses or anyone else one can think of. So even from an evolutionary point of view Jesus is the one.

This post has been edited by no1nose on Jun 11 2008, 06:09 PM

--------------------
Long live luminiferous aether, phlogiston, astrology, alchemy, and evolution!
Send PM ·
am_Unition
Posted: Jun 11 2008, 06:43 PM

Advanced Member

Group: Members

Positive Feedback: 94.12%
Feedback Score: 24

QUOTE (no1nose @ Jun 11 2008, 06:08 PM)
Both Evolution and Christianity are about the transformation of one species into another.

"Evolution" in Christianity is a spiritual evolution. Darwin's theories are centered in the observable, the objective, the physical. Surely you understand there is a difference between the spiritual and the physical world?

I was also unaware that spirits could be classified into "species".

I'm not even going to *touch* the rest of this post.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias

Edit: By the way... math? Where??

This post has been edited by am_Unition on Jun 11 2008, 06:50 PM
gmilam
Posted: Jun 11 2008, 06:45 PM

This line intentionally left blank

Positive Feedback: 81.97%
Feedback Score: 89

Wow... just wow. blink.gif

Passing question... How many people do you know who have become like Jesus and can produce food from thin air?

--------------------
"I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused." - Elvis Costello
AlphaNumeric
Posted: Jun 12 2008, 07:54 AM

Professional mathematician

Positive Feedback: 84.15%
Feedback Score: 420

QUOTE (no1nose @ Jun 11 2008, 07:08 PM)
So even from an evolutionary point of view Jesus is the one.

Stop stealing ideas from 'The Matrix'. Get your own.

--------------------
The views in the above post are those of its author and not those of the people who educated him through a degree and masters, supervised him or collaborated with him during his PhD, paid him to teach and mark undergraduate mathematics and physics courses or who pay him to do research now.

Any insults, flames or rants are purely the work of the author and not said people or institutions. Cranks are not suffered well.
iseason
Posted: Jun 12 2008, 09:39 AM

Advanced Member

Positive Feedback: 54.05%
Feedback Score: -4

Jesus is the most repeated orator in history. The words he spoke and the life he lead are tossed around millions of times a day.

There is however, a greater reading of Paul in churches . Paul was a pharisee who persecuted Christians until encountering "the vision"

Here is where I cannot reconcile Christianity at all . An American, born and raised in America could not in an instant become a Chinese with Chinese thoughts. Despite the environment at the time....This is just not possible....

Paul remained a pharisee because he taught like a pharisee...Most of what he writes is new laws "given him by the word of God". This despite the time Jesus spent teaching twelve men the correct rules of life as a changed man.

It is this area which you might save your greatest criticism , for Paul made the christian laws even though he received no teaching from him.

Jesus was IMO one of the greatest scientist of his day. If only a few stories about him are true, he did something pretty incredible. Though he spake to many persons NOT to repeat what he had done. But this was ignored......

Just to add a further search for you , try and find examples in the old testament of demons.

Jesus fulfilled the laws of his people. Went beyond this and vilified the transgressions in law which were hurting common folk....you want a villain....blame Paul......Jesus was a cool dude. I like him . Don't like crap being said about him because he was his own man and harmed no one.

Cheers
Iseason
GeneSplicer
Posted: Jun 12 2008, 02:25 PM

Advanced Member

Positive Feedback: 81.43%
Feedback Score: 84

Don’t you think that before you start talking about a religious figure such a Jesus that you present something to prove that he actually existed first?

I mean would you not make the same demands if it came to someone making claims about Hercules or Cu Cuchulain as a real person rather than a mythical figure?

--------------------
Check out my podcasts:

A Moment in Reason http://www.theshallowgenepool.com/podcast amir.htm

The Shallow Gene Pool http://www.theshallowgenepool.com/podcast.htm
excaza
Posted: Jun 12 2008, 04:42 PM

I'm Stupid

Positive Feedback: 89.74%
Feedback Score: 47

QUOTE (GeneSplicer @ Jun 12 2008, 09:25 AM)
Don’t you think that before you start talking about a religious figure such a Jesus that you present something to prove that he actually existed first?

I'm tempted to believe that a figure like Jesus did exist. I do not, however, believe that he had supernatural abilities or powers or anything 'godlike'. I believe that his story was taken up and mired in so much symbolism and mysticism that it ended up the way we see it today.

--------------------
PuckSR: Think of the dumbest child you knew when you were young. Now suddenly advance him 30 years in age and smash him in a head with a brick. You have now approximated the intellectual capacity of dad1.

BoL: I love how you ignore the fact that a team of russian scientists actually found hell and heard the screams of the damned.

DavidD: Where is my nobel prize?
DavidD: This is fact, which don't need to prove!
DavidD: BTW, HIV can be cancer...
GeneSplicer
Posted: Jun 12 2008, 04:53 PM

Advanced Member

Positive Feedback: 81.43%
Feedback Score: 84

Considering the large gap of time between the claimed time Jesus lived and when his deeds were turned into gospel, I can see you point, but how would one support the claim he was a real person?

A majority if not all details surrounding his origins comes from legends and legendary figures that predate Jesus.

--------------------
Check out my podcasts:

A Moment in Reason http://www.theshallowgenepool.com/podcast amir.htm

The Shallow Gene Pool http://www.theshallowgenepool.com/podcast.htm
Evans
Posted: Jun 12 2008, 08:41 PM

Group: Validating

Positive Feedback: 21.43%
Feedback Score: -19

As I see even mathetical logic disproved evolution.
Math is the most rigorous science right?
Consider evolution disproved.
Send PM ·
Sinister Utopia
Posted: Jun 12 2008, 09:01 PM

Advanced Member

Positive Feedback: 88.46%
Feedback Score: 88

QUOTE (Evans @ Jun 12 2008, 08:41 PM)

laugh.gif

--------------------
"Music sweet music, I wish I could caress, caress". - Jimi Hendrix
TheDoc
Posted: Jun 12 2008, 09:03 PM

KIDNEYS

Positive Feedback: 55.56%
Feedback Score: 128

QUOTE (Evans @ Jun 12 2008, 08:41 PM)

Hystero-meter is going through the roof! laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

--------------------
Member of Forum Mafia
Send PM ·
Evans
Posted: Jun 12 2008, 09:06 PM

Oh how very smart. Your posting laughing smiley faces is so intelligent. But what else shld one excpect from atheist right?
When there are no arguments you have to post smiley faces like littel kids
Send PM ·
TheDoc
Posted: Jun 12 2008, 09:09 PM

KIDNEYS

Positive Feedback: 55.56%
Feedback Score: 128

QUOTE (Evans @ Jun 12 2008, 09:06 PM)
Oh how very smart. Your posting laughing smiley faces is so intelligent. But what else shld one excpect from atheist right?

Mybe if yu strtd usng teh spll checkr yu'd look a littel mre intllgent.

--------------------
Member of Forum Mafia
Send PM ·
Sinister Utopia
Posted: Jun 12 2008, 09:11 PM

Advanced Member

Positive Feedback: 88.46%
Feedback Score: 88

QUOTE (Evans @ Jun 12 2008, 09:06 PM)

Oh how very smart. Your posting Religiously biased crap is so intelligent. But what else shld one excpect from an idiot right?
When there are no arguments you have to post rubbish like littel kids tongue.gif

--------------------
"Music sweet music, I wish I could caress, caress". - Jimi Hendrix
Evans
Posted: Jun 12 2008, 09:17 PM

QUOTE (Sinister Utopia @ Jun 12 2008, 09:11 PM)
Oh how very smart. Your posting Religiously biased crap is so intelligent. But what else shld one excpect from an idiot right?
When there are no arguments you have to post rubbish like littel kids tongue.gif

Why do you call the truth "religiously biased crap"?
Send PM ·

Topic Options Pages: (3) [1] 2 3 

Add reply · Start new topic · Start new poll

Terms of use