Scientific Forums

Pages: (4) [1] 2 3 ... Last »  ( Go to first unread post )

Add reply · Start new topic · Start new poll

> Cancer Therapy, Without Side Effects Nearing Trials
xtrmn8r
Posted: Apr 14 2008, 11:50 PM

Advanced Member

Group: Members

Positive Feedback: 91.3%
Feedback Score: 40

This from a man who isn't even a doctor. Who says you gotta be a scientist?

http://www.wired.com/medtech/health/news/2...kanzius_therapy

Based on technology developed by Pennsylvania inventor John Kanzius, a retired radio and TV engineer, the treatment has proven 100 percent effective at killing cancer cells while leaving neighboring healthy cells unharmed. It is currently being tested at M.D. Anderson Cancer Center in Houston.

--------------------
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt."
Bertrand Russell

"The more we realise our minuteness and our impotence in the face of cosmic forces, the more amazing becomes what human beings have achieved."
Bertrand Russell

"You can observe a lot by just watching."
- Yogi Berra
KIENNE
Posted: Apr 27 2008, 07:09 PM

Group: Members

Positive Feedback: 0%
Feedback Score: -12

The Kanzius machine is a rip off of the Royal rife machine. Nanobots are not the only things that work with this technology, Simple minerals work as well, ie. iron, magnesium, etc. anything metal base and as we know these minerals are easily discarded in the human body. The human body only uses what is necessary then naturally discards the rest. This application in my theory and belief will benefit the spreading problem more efficiently, if you choose to use this particular route of usage. I also believe that our eyes should be opened much wider to the whole situation , not just take one avenue , such as heating metal and zapping the cancer cells. I think this radio frequency thing has a lot of different potentials and avenues of uses yet to be discovered or applied. I have a tendency to believe that the radio frequencies in them selves may very well be capable alone to cure cancer, providing the right and relevant frequencies are used.
Capracus
Posted: Dec 20 2012, 12:27 PM

Advanced Member

Group: Power Member

Positive Feedback: 75.56%
Feedback Score: 41

MDT
Posted: Dec 20 2012, 03:25 PM

Advanced Member

Positive Feedback: 88.24%
Feedback Score: 17

I have a question about cancer that maybe somebody can answer. Does cancer get nerve tissue from the body? Cancer gets circulatory tissue.

In other words, when normal cells divide the local circulatory tissue divides so both cells have blood supply. The local nerve cells also divide to connect both cells to the brain's control system. Does cancer get nerve tissue so it is wired into the control system, or does it exist outside the perimeter?

If you Google does cancer have nerves or whatever it brings you to cancers of the nervous system. That is not the question.
El_Machinae
Posted: Dec 20 2012, 03:59 PM

Advanced Member

Positive Feedback: 87.76%
Feedback Score: 54

I wouldn't expect it to.

Tumors can release a growth factor into the mileu called VEGF*. This causes the growth of blood vessels in the direction of the tumors, and allows the tumors to get a source of nutrients.

Neurons tend to already be 'fixed' where they're supposed to be projecting to - either connected to a muscle or a gland. That said, there are growth factors that can cause neuronal sprouting, such as BDNF or NGF. I guess a tumor could release such factors, but there's no reason why they would. As well, the tumor does not directly benefit from being connected to the nervous system like it benefits from connecting to the blood system.

*these are abbreviations of protein signalling factors that are released by cells in order to communicate with cells close to them. I don't write them out, because their names don't really matter other than the fact that they're different names, so they do different things.

--------------------
Stanford University's YouTube playlists, cleverly arranged by seminar topic. Free!
http://www.youtube.com/user/StanfordUniversity/playlists
Send PM ·
Posted: Dec 21 2012, 03:31 PM

Unregistered

Nerve tissue is smart tissue. If the tumor is not hooking itself up to the nervous system it is out of the control loop. I would expect something out of the control loop to lose control easier than something in the loop. Instead of having to maintain a specific differentiation, it gets to go free style.

The blood supply has a slightly alkaline pH, i.e, slightly negative charge. While the surface of nerves are positively charge due to high levels of sodium cations. If the tumor only uses the circulatory tissue it can shift the external charge toward alkaline more often.

Replicating cells tend to have more cationic pump reversal causing their membrane potential to fall. The average external membrane, heads more in the direction of an equilibrium with the external alkaline.

A simple solution is force grow nerves into tumors. This is not smart tissue yet, but it will shift the charge balance. Smart tissue can take it to the next level and mold it into a inert mass for easier removal.

ontheleft
Posted: Dec 21 2012, 07:13 PM

Advanced Member

Feedback Score: 0

This sounds promising as cancer therapy.

An experimental "Trojan-horse" cancer therapy has completely eliminated prostate cancer in experiments on mice, according to UK researchers.

The team hid cancer killing viruses inside the immune system in order to sneak them into a tumour.

Once inside, a study in the journal Cancer Research showed, tens of thousands of viruses were released to kill the cancerous cells.

Experts labelled the study "exciting," but human tests are still needed.
Posted: Dec 24 2012, 03:09 PM

Unregistered

Rather than see each type of cancer as a unique thing, I try to look at them as how they all the same, so there is logic for global strategic medicine. Tactical medicine will always be one battle behind. The Trojan horse will work one castle at a time, while new castles are build. A castle buster is quicker.

One way explain why we get different cancers, in different situations, is the cancer is in partial equilibrium with its location. The cancer has autonomy but is nevertheless forming a partial equilibrium with the local potentials. If it changes locations the potentials will change. We give cancer to much credit.

An analogy might be you taking a vacation, to a tropical place. You are autonomous but to embrace the culture, you might wear the funny hat of the locals, but it does not look quite natural on you. If you island hop you will wear a new hat.

The question is how is such partial equilibrium, possible, when there does not appear to be enough organic chemical exchange to explain it? It has to do with water potential. Sodium cations are kosmotropic in that they induce order in water. Potassium ions are chaotropic and will create disorder or entropy in water.

Cells concentrate potassium ions inside since these cations help to create entropy in cellular water to help break up the surface tension induced order in the water, so bio-materials can open up and play. There is a global affect.

Outside the cell, the sodium cations will do the opposite and induces order in water implicit of a higher global surface tension analogy. This makes organic things in the water want to phase separate, into the external membrane, to get out of the way of the water. They are then actively transported.

The brain's control system is rich in external sodium cations and is there to maintain order in the external water. When cell replicate the cation pumps will reverse and the membrane potentials lowers. If you have extra control system sodium cations and external ion pumps, you can regulate the local membrane potentials and influence the equilibrium for replications cycles.
boit
Posted: Feb 23 2013, 02:37 PM

Moran of the Burning Spear

Positive Feedback: 62.16%
Feedback Score: 25

QUOTE (Guest @ Dec 21 2012, 06:31 PM)
Nerve tissue is smart tissue. If the tumor is not hooking itself up to the nervous system it is out of the control loop. I would expect something out of the control loop to lose control easier than something in the loop. Instead of having to maintain a specific differentiation, it gets to go free style.

The blood supply has a slightly alkaline pH, i.e, slightly negative charge. While the surface of nerves are positively charge due to high levels of sodium cations. If the tumor only uses the circulatory tissue it can shift the external charge toward alkaline more often.

Replicating cells tend to have more cationic pump reversal causing their membrane potential to fall. The average external membrane, heads more in the direction of an equilibrium with the external alkaline.

A simple solution is force grow nerves into tumors. This is not smart tissue yet, but it will shift the charge balance. Smart tissue can take it to the next level and mold it into a inert mass for easier removal.

Good for nerve cells.
PS. I'm beating spammers here.

--------------------
Boit was last taught physics in class way back in 1994. Whatever he's learnt thereafter is purely by personal effort through this forum and searching the net. He is not an authority in any matter science. Unless with clear referrence, what he puts forward is his own understanding of what he has read and may not always be correct. Peace.
El_Machinae
Posted: Feb 23 2013, 03:45 PM

Advanced Member

Positive Feedback: 87.76%
Feedback Score: 54

Eff cancer

http://xkcd.com/931/

http://www.charitynavigator.org/

Society currently spends only 0.5% of our income on medical R&D. If you donate 0.5% to medical charities, that's essentially doubling your personal contribution.

--------------------
Stanford University's YouTube playlists, cleverly arranged by seminar topic. Free!
http://www.youtube.com/user/StanfordUniversity/playlists
Send PM ·
krash661
Posted: Feb 23 2013, 08:06 PM

Confused Idiot University , PhD

what about stem cells,

this ,IMo should be part of this topic.

--------------------
While I am standing still, I prefer the stillness here. I am tired of earth, these people, I'm tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives
-Dr. Manhattan

What ever , my brains integrated my 2 sides talk to each other , They are very good friends and they share them selves , You can stay divided if you want
-Mekigal

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
-Jim Downey,final part of the academic decathlon in the movie Billy Madison.
Send PM ·
Mekigal
Posted: Feb 23 2013, 08:35 PM

Advanced Member

QUOTE (krash661 @ Feb 23 2013, 08:06 PM)
what about stem cells,

this ,IMo should be part of this topic.

watch out for the wrath of Jesus copies . They don't like that .

Should sex be part of the topic < I read that orgasms release grow hormones and lowers your chances of getting cancer

You think that was made up by a man just to get some ? Except it was a woman that wrote about it

Huntsman in Salt Lake City is a great cancer center < Blow my mind < The doctor looked like Dougy Houser too < I said < They let children cut on old people now Dougy < He laughed

This post has been edited by Mekigal on Feb 23 2013, 08:38 PM
Mekigal
Posted: Feb 23 2013, 11:47 PM

Advanced Member

now be warned ::::

You body to fight off . Your will to survive and to sacrifice. In a weekend state of low self worth does your body respond . Can you will your self cancer ?

I have had plenty my share of cancer death in my family .

It was strange < My brothers wife got lung cancer < my cousin Hans went to the hospital to see her on her last leg < He took pictures of her and said he was doing so so he could show people in Atlanta what you look like from smoking and getting lung cancer . One year latter to the day he got brain cancer .

Both are long dead now from cancer .

Is there connection in the exchange of emotions ?

I seen a lot of things in my life as some of you know. I think I have witnessed this kind of thing many times . Were people die for each other . I don't what it is . It is veiled , but my work in onomastics I am positive is involved and the hidden exchange of subliminal posturing dictates that give up to the statistical rates of chance reported .

So lets say the statistic comes out that cancer is on the rise < is there placebo effect in an opposite fashion as one thinks of placebo. Like hypochondriacs in a way ?

So if we say cancer is on the rise and that is statistically correct < how much is manifest destiny verses actual cause of outside influence .

See I heard this once < Every body has cancer cells in them ? Can anyone say that is true or false statement < so what does it mean if it is true < every one has the potential manifest those cells in our body ?

Any thoughts ?

krash661
Posted: Feb 24 2013, 12:15 AM

Confused Idiot University , PhD

QUOTE (Mekigal @ Feb 23 2013, 03:47 PM)
< Every body has cancer cells in them ? Can anyone say that is true or false statement < so what does it mean if it is true < every one has the potential manifest those cells in our body ?

Any thoughts ?

I think this is very important.

this ( in my head ) is very possible.
cells generate , this why is possible over time as a programmed result of some sort.

in other words, this is very possible and is just how the body breaks it's self down. not necessarily a decease but nature.

--------------------
While I am standing still, I prefer the stillness here. I am tired of earth, these people, I'm tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives
-Dr. Manhattan

What ever , my brains integrated my 2 sides talk to each other , They are very good friends and they share them selves , You can stay divided if you want
-Mekigal

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
-Jim Downey,final part of the academic decathlon in the movie Billy Madison.
Send PM ·
Mekigal
Posted: Feb 24 2013, 12:32 AM

Advanced Member

now throw in overpopulation .
Earth response ? See I have had the fortunate experience of Lena lake < when I told this story before people thought I was talking about pompous university professors and /or religious theologians but was not < so lets keep this straight .

A lake called Lena lake < the fish population is way over the capacity of the lake but the fish have compensated in a weird way and the lake remains over populated by this .

It is suspect virus or an attachment of some sort or a slipping my mind < little worms > oh god can't pull up the right verbiage.

Lets move on < So the fish have little snake bodies and are all the same size , When the evening comes on it is a sight to see for the lake has not one square inch of water not splashed from rainbow trout jumping out of the water , Nothing I have ever seem before to this date and I have been to a lot of lakes .

They lot normal up until about 12 to 14 inches and 14 inches is pushing it for the common fish is exactly 12 inches.

You can tell they are old fish by the size of there heads .

Oh does that tie in < there is a natural response to overpopulation by nature .

What is the response for over population in humans is the question and the relay back to human endeavors ?
Is Cancer a mechanism in human populations, a method of controls .

Now the skeptic part < do we decide as a collective who stays and who goes by other communications in a subliminal world based in instinct .

Think of chickens and how you can put a yellow light on chickens and they will peck the weakest one until it is dead . Then they will pick pout the next victim and continue the same viscous behavior?

So what am I talking about < The ability of a human to create weakened states as a means of self support out of survival .

Topic Options Pages: (4) [1] 2 3 ... Last »

Add reply · Start new topic · Start new poll

Terms of use