Add reply Start new topic Start new poll

> Automated Fast Food Prep, Why not?
Quantum_Conundrum
Posted: Mar 5 2013, 12:06 AM

Advanced Member

Group: Power Member

Positive Feedback: 30.43%
Feedback Score: -123

While thinking about how automated manufacturing and machines making other machines that make machines putting humans out of work, I thought about the fast food chains. It has been some time since they had a major overhaul.

Would it not be possible to make some automated order placing system, and some robotic arms and trays which could prepare burgers, salads, fries, and such with little or no human assistance, in much the same way as some of Amazons' fully automated factories?

As minimum wage keeps increasing, it would seem it will soon become cheaper for McDonalds, Burger King, Wendy's and the like to simply replace their staff with fully automated food prep lines. The fried chicken places and the taco places and pizza places could all do the same as well. Perhaps all you need now is like one tech and a store manager, with like one regional manager or regional tech. Much cheaper than paying entire crews for each store.

Answers dot com says there were about 3 million people employed in fast food in the U.S. in 2006, which is about 1% of the entire population, or at least a few percent of the workforce. Imagine when fully automated fast food restaurants become commonplace.

Unbelievable?

Hardly. Consider, if robotics ever advances so you could have your personal "robo-butler" or "robo-chef" at home, then it would certainly be much more affordable for a restaurant to buy a legion of these machines and put them to work, and since they have far more funds ahead of time, it is highly likely they would be able to purchase the robots years ahead of the average consumer.

So what happens if "robo-chef" puts 2 or 3 million more people out of work in the not-too-distant future?!
Mekigal
Posted: Mar 5 2013, 02:58 AM

Advanced Member

Positive Feedback: 0%
Feedback Score: 0

I had that embed in me 2 days ago < The same thought flushed out < it was taco bell and I messed up the math of my 12 taco box order , but I looked up and it was right on the screen < I said " thanks for doing the math for me < he laughed and said " Thank the computer it did it for me .

The bigger worry is computers doing all the thinking and humans evolve into blobs of goo to oil the machines

This post has been edited by Mekigal on Mar 5 2013, 02:59 AM
Quantum_Conundrum
Posted: Mar 5 2013, 03:19 AM

Advanced Member

Positive Feedback: 30.43%
Feedback Score: -123

QUOTE (Mekigal @ Mar 4 2013, 09:58 PM)
The bigger worry is computers doing all the thinking and humans evolve into blobs of goo to oil the machines

I think there was a Disney animated movie about that.
Capracus
Posted: Mar 8 2013, 07:17 AM

Advanced Member

Positive Feedback: 75.56%
Feedback Score: 41

Open a franchise in your garage.
"untouched by human hands" and made in a "human-free environment."
http://articles.latimes.com/2012/jun/13/na...chines-20120613
Mekigal
Posted: Mar 8 2013, 07:22 AM

Advanced Member

That pizza guys name looked like road runner to me dyslexic mind . Did you see that ?

Must of been the Disney prompt
Capracus
Posted: Mar 8 2013, 07:52 AM

Advanced Member

Now for the at home synthetic hamburger. Only you'll first have to mortgage your home to enjoy it..
http://www.geek.com/articles/geek-pick/a-s...-make-20130122/
Capracus
Posted: Mar 10 2013, 10:45 PM

Advanced Member

This Robo-Griller Can Flip 360 Burgers an Hour

Built by San Francisco-based Momentum Machines, this robotic burger maker is designed to do the work of three full-time kitchen staff. The current alpha version of the machine grinds, stamps, and grills patties (made to order), then cuts and layers lettuce, onions, pickles, and tomatoes before slapping everything on a bun and wrapping it to go. The only human labor involved is that needed to take the customer's money and hand over the completed burger.
http://gizmodo.com/5962656/this-robo+grill...burgers-an-hour
Mekigal
Posted: Mar 10 2013, 11:20 PM

Advanced Member

you readers see a prob with human powered production yet ? and it will only get worse .

Republicans take notice . System failure , Hard work is going to be a thing of the past . manually speaking , So your slave class work up the latter is not viable for future human endeavors.

Then what greedy fukkers ? When you are displaced ? I look forward to it . Greedy American Rhino's holding up signs that say " Will Work For Food "
This is your pay back money grabber .
Wealth is relative

Topic Options

Add reply Start new topic Start new poll

Terms of use