Scientific Forums

Pages: (44) « First ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... Last »  ( Go to first unread post )

Add reply · Start new topic · Start new poll

> Where is the scientific proof that Evolution has taken place?, Full story at http://www.physorg.com/news10019.html
Alpha
Posted: Feb 10 2007, 02:15 AM

Advanced Member

Group: Members

Positive Feedback: 56.94%
Feedback Score: 48

QUOTE (SIP @ Feb 10 2007, 07:12 AM)
We should come up with like a 12 step program to un-brainwash these crazies that way all we'd have to do is copy paste when ever they start spouting their insane claims.

1 step : Kill.
2 step : Feed to pigs.
3 step : ???

12 steps is too much. laugh.gif

--------------------
Member of Forum Mafia.

My trophies (people who gave me negative feedback):

•SHEOL•, bee, Bryn Richards, bukh, Confused2, DavidD, deadbeat, Derek1148, DiamondJim, einstienear, Farsight, fivedoughnut, freethis, inQZtive, Ivars, kaneda, Latrosicarius, mandible, meAnimalRapist(aka meFuckingClown), Mirrorman, Mr. Robin Parsons, Newton, Nick, on2thiests, PJParent001, Precursor562, Quatermass(kaneda's sockpuppet), Robert Neil Boyd, ResidentGeek, Solid State Universe, StevenA, Sylwester Kornowski, ubavontuba, vkamath, Zarabtul, Zephir , [your name here?]
Send PM ·
SIP
Posted: Feb 10 2007, 02:28 AM

Positive Feedback: 70%
Feedback Score: 7

laugh.gif laugh.gif
Ya your right there hopeless.

user posted image
fivedoughnut
  Posted: Feb 10 2007, 02:33 AM

Member of the "forum mafia"

Positive Feedback: 57.14%
Feedback Score: 32

QUOTE (Alpha @ Feb 10 2007, 02:15 AM)
1 step : Kill.
2 step : Feed to pigs.
3 step : ???

12 steps is too much. laugh.gif

Step 1:

user posted image

Step 2: ???? blink.gif
fivedoughnut
  Posted: Feb 10 2007, 02:35 AM

Member of the "forum mafia"

Positive Feedback: 57.14%
Feedback Score: 32

QUOTE (SIP @ Feb 10 2007, 02:28 AM)
laugh.gif laugh.gif
Ya your right there hopeless.

user posted image

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
Alpha
Posted: Feb 10 2007, 02:39 AM

Advanced Member

QUOTE (fivedoughnut @ Feb 10 2007, 07:33 AM)
Step 1:

user posted image

Step 2: ???? blink.gif

Step 2: Just to make sure....

user posted image

laugh.gif

--------------------
Member of Forum Mafia.

•SHEOL•, bee, Bryn Richards, bukh, Confused2, DavidD, deadbeat, Derek1148, DiamondJim, einstienear, Farsight, fivedoughnut, freethis, inQZtive, Ivars, kaneda, Latrosicarius, mandible, meAnimalRapist(aka meFuckingClown), Mirrorman, Mr. Robin Parsons, Newton, Nick, on2thiests, PJParent001, Precursor562, Quatermass(kaneda's sockpuppet), Robert Neil Boyd, ResidentGeek, Solid State Universe, StevenA, Sylwester Kornowski, ubavontuba, vkamath, Zarabtul, Zephir , [your name here?]
Send PM ·
DiamondJim
Posted: Feb 11 2007, 11:20 AM

Advanced Member

Positive Feedback: 50%
Feedback Score: -2

How about we convince all the creationists the end is coming and that they should give all their money to the godless atheists so that when god comes and finds them with all the money, he will send them straight to hell? They're gullible enough to believe anything.
Rusty Shackleford
Posted: Feb 11 2007, 08:58 PM

Advanced Member

Positive Feedback: 100%
Feedback Score: 18

They are not that gullible Diamond Jim. The Bible does say that you should give your money away. It also says that it will be easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter heaven. Most seem to ignore those parts of the Bible, for some reason. In fact, most religions seem to suggest that you should live poorly.

--------------------
http://www.brembs.net/gould.html
SIP
Posted: Feb 11 2007, 10:42 PM

"They are not that gullible Diamond Jim"
-Umm... well of course this definitly depends on which group of Christians your speaking of. While I myself agree with you that a Christian that really reads the bible will find it plenty hard to get into heaven at all, your assuming most of the faithful even know what the book says. Case and point (most) southern baptist (and all the ones I've met so far) seem to believe getting into heaven is the equivalent of a one step pledge of allegiance to 'god'.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Boeke Road Baptist Church -
Salvation

We believe that salvation is the gift of God brought to man by grace and received by personal faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, Whose precious blood was shed on Calvary for the forgiveness of our sins (John 1:12; Ephesians 1:7; 2:8-10; I Peter 1:18-19) and that in order to be saved, sinners must be born again; that the new birth is a new creation in Christ Jesus; that it is instantaneous and not a process.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seems pretty gullible and naive to me.

This post has been edited by SIP on Feb 11 2007, 10:47 PM
thetruth
Posted: Feb 11 2007, 11:24 PM

Unregistered

I can tell you that evolution is a myth. I realise this every time I watch a wasp/bee/fly/daddy long legs/a.n.other insect try to fly through glass. Again. And again. And again. And - you get my point.

Glass has been around for hundreds of years - so if creatures of this world are evolving, why havent they learnt how to understand glass! Listen wasp, its see through, but its solid, ok?!?!?!! You cant fly through it!!!!!! But they never, ever learn. And therefore they will never "evolve". Because they cant.

Anyway, I think that this is total conclusive ultimate proof that evolution is non-existent.
Alpha
Posted: Feb 11 2007, 11:43 PM

Advanced Member

QUOTE (thetruth @ Feb 12 2007, 04:24 AM)
I can tell you that evolution is a myth.  I realise this every time I watch a wasp/bee/fly/daddy long legs/a.n.other insect try to fly through glass.  Again.  And again. And again. And - you get my point.

Glass has been around for hundreds of years - so if creatures of this world are evolving, why havent they learnt how to understand glass!  Listen wasp, its see through, but its solid, ok?!?!?!!  You cant fly through it!!!!!!  But they never, ever learn.  And therefore they will never "evolve".  Because they cant.

Anyway, I think that this is total conclusive ultimate proof that evolution is non-existent.

Guys (SIP et al), i don't know about you, but i just laughed to tears.
This is one of the best posts i've ever seen on this forum. Thank you very much for the post. "Glass as a life-threatening factor for insects."

I don't want to give any references to such an entity, but if i would want to give one, i'd start with this and this.

This post has been edited by Alpha on Feb 12 2007, 12:08 AM

--------------------
Member of Forum Mafia.

Send PM ·
Physfan
Posted: Feb 11 2007, 11:49 PM

Former member with a member

Group: Power Member

Positive Feedback: 70.83%
Feedback Score: 30

I can tell you that evolution is a myth. I realise this every time I watch a wasp/bee/fly/daddy long legs/a.n.other insect try to fly through glass. Again. And again. And again. And - you get my point.

Glass has been around for hundreds of years - so if creatures of this world are evolving, why havent they learnt how to understand glass! Listen wasp, its see through, but its solid, ok?!?!?!! You cant fly through it!!!!!! But they never, ever learn. And therefore they will never "evolve". Because they cant.

This comes close to 'stupid of the day' in its complete lack of understanding of any science at all.
Insects, generally, have a very short life span so, individually, they won't learn from this experience, putting aside their capacity to learn or not.
Learned behaviour is not passed on through genes.
Evolution is not influenced by non-deadly experiences.

Actually, this post is so stupid that it beggars belief that a human being actully wrote it. Maybe it is as a result of the urban-mythologised 1,00 monkeys tapping on keyboards that produced it.

Physfan

ps When you pick a moniker, make sure it is not ironic.

This post has been edited by Physfan on Feb 11 2007, 11:51 PM

--------------------
Fanning the flames of reason.
Scepticism is healthy; it may save your life.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." A. Einstein
Alpha
Posted: Feb 12 2007, 12:19 AM

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Physfan @ Feb 12 2007, 04:49 AM)
Actually, this post is so stupid that it beggars belief that a human being actully wrote it.

After reading it a couple of times i thought that it might be humorous. I mean, this guy is just mocking at "anti-evolution arguments". smile.gif

--------------------
Member of Forum Mafia.

Send PM ·
N O M
Posted: Feb 12 2007, 12:48 AM

on holiday, get your abuse elsewhere

Positive Feedback: 56.72%
Feedback Score: 94

QUOTE (Alpha @ Feb 12 2007, 12:43 PM)
I don't want to give any references to such an entity, but if i would want to give one, i'd start with this and this.

I can think of a few references. But then I'd probably pick up some warn points for posting them wink.gif

--------------------
Proud owner of negative feedback from: 555Joshua, alokmohan, bee, BigFairy, Bi shadi, Bloy, Bryn Richards, bukh, Confused2, DavidD, deadbeat, Derek1148, eyeque, Farsight, fivedoughnut, freethis, Gizmo, Gorgeous, howtothinklikegod, inQZtive, insight, kaneda, landon, LeTUOtter, Majkl, meBigGirl'sBlouse, Mediocre-Minded, midwestern, Mike Adams, Mirrorman, Morpheus, Mr. Robin Parsons, newton, Nick, on2thiests, oracle1, philip347, PIATLAS, PJParent001, Precursor562, Quatermass, Raphie Frank, reasonwhy, rethinker, Samantha Hildreth, A•SHEOL, Solid State Universe, Soultechs, Squeeze, SteveA2, StevenA, stundie, Sylwester Kornowski, (name removed by request), ubavontuba, vkamath, wbraxtonwilson, xtrmn8r, Zarabtul, Zephir, [please insert name here]

"A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself." - A. A. Milne
Alpha
Posted: Feb 12 2007, 01:02 AM

Advanced Member

QUOTE (N O M @ Feb 12 2007, 05:48 AM)
I can think of a few references. But then I'd probably pick up some warn points for posting them wink.gif

I've seen such a reference in Derek's feedback some time ago. laugh.gif

--------------------
Member of Forum Mafia.

Send PM ·
SIP
Posted: Feb 12 2007, 02:41 AM

Just now read that reply "Glass + insects = negation of evolution" wow people never cease to amaze. laugh.gif laugh.gif Whata genius.. laugh.gif

Topic Options Pages: (44) « First ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... Last »

Add reply · Start new topic · Start new poll

Terms of use