Scientific Forums

Pages: (148) « First ... 119 120 [121] 122 123 ... Last »  ( Go to first unread post )

Add reply · Start new topic · Start new poll

> LHC danger, Full story at http://www.physorg.com/news10589.html
ubavontuba
Posted: Aug 28 2008, 06:35 PM

Grand Puba

Group: Members

Positive Feedback: 28.57%
Feedback Score: -159

QUOTE (bm1957 @ Aug 28 2008, 07:23 AM)
Awww, pawww littewl Ub got outwitted by a 13 year old

What's that? You don't like it being pointed out that you're behaving like a kid, so you respond by saying I am a kid?

Ahem... "I'm made of rubber and you're made of glue; anything you say bounces off me and sticks to you."

I thought you were trying demonstrate how you do have a scientific argument, not prove that all you have is rhetoric!

Says the little one who's provided nothing but immature rhetoric.

--------------------
Essentially dishonest troll.
Send PM ·
Trippy
Posted: Aug 28 2008, 07:22 PM

I'm with stupid.

Group: Power Member

Positive Feedback: 78.95%
Feedback Score: 220

QUOTE (ubavontuba @ Aug 29 2008, 06:20 AM)
Please, I insist. I believe in giving credit where it's due. You said it, not I. Therefore you should have the credit for it.

Liar.

--------------------
cave et aude
Observe. Predict. Confirm.
Schroedingers Voter: I'm both Left Wing and Right Wing until you ask me a specific question.
"Incompetence is bad enough, but to persist is unforgivable." -Prof. Anon.
High Priest of the Revised Church of Bacchus.
Founder of the Cult if Re-frig-ATOR.
Trippy
Posted: Aug 28 2008, 07:25 PM

I'm with stupid.

QUOTE (ubavontuba @ Aug 29 2008, 06:14 AM)
This isn't even an argument.

Disingenous lie.

I was clarifying my comments, seeing as how you seem to be having trouble with reading comprehension.

--------------------
cave et aude
Schroedingers Voter: I'm both Left Wing and Right Wing until you ask me a specific question.
Trippy
Posted: Aug 28 2008, 07:32 PM

I'm with stupid.

QUOTE (ubavontuba @ Aug 29 2008, 06:23 AM)
This is an outright lie.

No it isn't.

Of course, if it is, then i'm sure you'll be able to link to a post of yours where you prove, with math, that another of my calculations is wrong, or link to a post of yours where you provide a reference that contains more accurate data then what I have used in my calculations - followed be my ignoring.

Oh wait, you can't, because at no time have you attempted any of this.

I've asked you several times to provide more accurate information or alternative figures to what I have been using - you've refused.

I asked you several times to show me which step was wrong, or post correct numbers - you refused.

Therefore, the only outright lie is yours.

--------------------
cave et aude
NoCleverName
Posted: Aug 28 2008, 07:33 PM

Advanced Member

Positive Feedback: 86.67%
Feedback Score: 90

Thankfully "u" will be one crank who, in the course of time, will be shown to be utterly wrong. And not for being on the "wrong side of the question" --- since there is no dishonor in that --- but for being so unscientific and purely argumentative. And for being entirely unskilled even at that.

Just a few more weeks ...

Until then, why not just stop feeding this troll?
Ski
Posted: Aug 28 2008, 07:56 PM

Positive Feedback: 75%
Feedback Score: 3

Looks like Roessler has filed a lawsuit...

http://bigsciencenews.blogspot.com/2008/08...n-of-human.html
Trippy
Posted: Aug 28 2008, 08:36 PM

I'm with stupid.

Still no bosenova

--------------------
cave et aude
rpenner
Posted: Aug 29 2008, 12:20 AM

Fully Wired

Group: Moderators

Positive Feedback: 84.5%
Feedback Score: 397

Talk about brain dead! The European Court of Human Rights isn't going to do anything against CERN, since isn't a State. It's likely going to take a year before telling the applicants that they failed to file appropriately.

In view of the current backlog of cases, you may have to wait a year before the Court can proceed with its initial examination of your application. Some applications may be treated as urgent and dealt with as a matter of priority, particularly where the applicant is said to be in imminent physical danger

What conditions do I have to satisfy to lodge an application?

What are the conditions relating to me personally?

You do not need to be a national of one of States bound by the Convention. The violation you are complaining of must simply have been committed by one of those States within its “jurisdiction”, which usually means within its territory.
[Ed: CERN is outside of Swiss or French jurisdiction]
You can be a private individual or a legal entity such as a company or association.
You must have directly and personally been the victim of the violation you are alleging. [Ed: Since Roessler is still alive, obviously that right has not been violated, yet. It is unclear what right of Roessler's has been actually violated and I would love to see the complaint. For example, the right to life is not an absolute one for the ECHR, but limited to intentional death as a direct action of States. Where in the LHC official documentation is it designed to kill?] You cannot make a general complaint about a law or a measure, for example because it seems unfair; [Ed: See! ubavontuba does not have a right to be taken seriously. The court says so!] nor can you complain on behalf of other people (unless they are clearly identified and you are their official representative).

Are there any procedures that must be followed beforehand in the national courts? Yes. You must have used all the remedies in the State concerned that might have been able to redress the situation you are complaining about (usually, this will mean an application to the appropriate court, followed by an appeal, where applicable, and even a further appeal to a higher court such as the supreme court or constitutional court, if there is one). [Ed. Kiss of death to these Johnny-come-latelys.]
It is not enough merely to make use of these remedies. In so doing, you must also have actually raised your complaints (that is, the substance of the Convention violations you are alleging). [Ed. This also means you can't change your story every 2 weeks as you learn particle physics.]

--------------------
愛平兎仏主
"And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:7
It's just good Netiquette. Failing that, Chlorpromazine.
Ski
Posted: Aug 29 2008, 01:09 AM

What is a bosenova? Is it a threat, or just Roessler demonstrating his ignorance?
Trippy
Posted: Aug 29 2008, 06:25 AM

I'm with stupid.

QUOTE (Ski @ Aug 29 2008, 01:09 PM)
What is a bosenova? Is it a threat, or just Roessler demonstrating his ignorance?

--------------------
cave et aude
rpenner
Posted: Aug 29 2008, 06:30 AM

Fully Wired

Aha. Here is the text of the complaint. It is based, however, not on a violation of human rights, so will not be heard by the court. There is also no record that they they, as required by paragraph 1(h) of the cited court rule 47, exhausted, or even used, the legal process in all (or any) of the States they are suing, which is another reason to suspect that this will not be heard by the court.

http://lhc-concern.info/wp-content/uploads...rn-volltext.PDF

Rules of the court: http://www.echr.coe.int/NR/rdonlyres/D1EB3...ulesOfCourt.pdf

--------------------
愛平兎仏主
"And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:7
Ski
Posted: Aug 29 2008, 12:03 PM

QUOTE (Trippy @ Aug 29 2008, 01:25 AM)
Bosenova on Wiki

Ah, I heard about this. Is there any threat of a bosenova at the LHC? I'm assuming it'd be more ofa local threat?
rpenner
Posted: Aug 29 2008, 02:48 PM

Fully Wired

Well, "local" in that it is not going to affect anyone in the U.S. and "threat" in the sense that it is another of these scenarios that only sound plausible to non-physicists. It's as basic as the difference between even and odd. It's roughly equal to comparing physics phenomena inside your refrigerator with physics inside a star.

http://www.nist.gov/public_affairs/bosenova.htm

Helium-4 is non-magnetic (even numbers of protons, even number of neutrons, even number of electrons), liquid, and clumps together from isotropic van der Waals forces as a superfluid due to low temperature from 2.1768 K all the way down to zero. Rubidium-85 is magnetic, clumps together in a special trap made of external photons (including magnetic fields) as a gas at 0.000000003 K.

http://physics.aps.org/articles/v1/13

This post has been edited by rpenner on Aug 29 2008, 03:22 PM

--------------------
愛平兎仏主
Trippy
Posted: Aug 29 2008, 10:38 PM

I'm with stupid.

QUOTE (rpenner @ Aug 30 2008, 02:48 AM)
Well, "local" in that it is not going to affect anyone in the U.S. and "threat" in the sense that it is another of these scenarios that only sound plausible to non-physicists. It's as basic as the difference between even and odd. It's roughly equal to comparing physics phenomena inside your refrigerator with physics inside a star.

http://www.nist.gov/public_affairs/bosenova.htm

Helium-4 is non-magnetic (even numbers of protons, even number of neutrons, even number of electrons), liquid, and clumps together from isotropic van der Waals forces as a superfluid due to low temperature from 2.1768 K all the way down to zero. Rubidium-85 is magnetic, clumps together in a special trap made of external photons (including magnetic fields) as a gas at 0.000000003 K.

http://physics.aps.org/articles/v1/13

I knew there was another part of the reason why WE STILL HAVEN'T HEARD A BOSENOVA.

--------------------
cave et aude
ubavontuba
Posted: Aug 30 2008, 06:49 AM

Grand Puba

Positive Feedback: 28.57%
Feedback Score: -159

QUOTE (Trippy @ Aug 28 2008, 07:22 PM)
Liar.

Not at all, I'm absolutely serious. You deserve all the credit for stating:
    QUOTE Trippy @ Aug 23 2008, 10:41 AM
    "...the 'lack' of neutron stars constitutes proof that dark matter is made of micro black holes and that the micro black holes are stable and that they're capable of consuming a neutron star, in it's entirety, over short time frames."
Personally, I wouldn't go so far as to say it constitutes "proof." But it certainly may be indicative.

--------------------
Essentially dishonest troll.
Send PM ·

Topic Options Pages: (148) « First ... 119 120 [121] 122 123 ... Last »

Add reply · Start new topic · Start new poll

Terms of use