Scientific Forums

Add reply Start new topic Start new poll

> Electromagnet Materials And Properties, Electromagnetic Materials and Properties
chucksaw3
Posted: Oct 14 2011, 10:20 AM

Group: Members

Positive Feedback: 0%
Feedback Score: 0

Hello, I am a College student in Michigan trying to build a few electromagnets, six to be exact. I am trying to figure out how I can build the requisite electromagnets. I am trying to make them mostly electric though as weight is an issue.

Since I will probably end up using some sort of ferrous/copper combination; what sort of electric quality will increase the electromagnetic flux in an electromagnet more? Amps, volts, or watts (I have very little knowledge of the electric side of Physics)?

If anybody can shine some light on this I would really appreciate it! Thanks!
Robittybob1
Posted: Oct 15 2011, 07:55 PM

Advanced Member

Group: Power Member

A good Google search would hit the answer that waiting for the answer here.
boit
Posted: Oct 23 2011, 10:12 AM

Moran of the Burning Spear

Positive Feedback: 62.16%
Feedback Score: 25

Guess what. You can make use of electromagnetism without using any magnetic material, in fact without any material. A selenoid is all that you need (plus the electricity of course).

--------------------
Boit was last taught physics in class way back in 1994. Whatever he's learnt thereafter is purely by personal effort through this forum and searching the net. He is not an authority in any matter science. Unless with clear referrence, what he puts forward is his own understanding of what he has read and may not always be correct. Peace.
Lady Elizabeth
Posted: Feb 19 2013, 04:44 AM

Dame of the British Empire.

Positive Feedback: 85.71%
Feedback Score: 5

@RabidityCentral

We've currently 94k+ registered members - none of which have bothered to support you or your paranoid claims.

What does this tell you, imply?

Your continued frothings are deeply pathetic. Please do as I asked and see a psychiatrist - your crazytrain mind has not simply derailed, it's launched itself off down into a craggy ravine, so do something about it before you hit rock bottom gaga.

--------------------
Hobbies:
Needlecraft
Flower Arranging
Cake Decoration
Mutilating psychotic imbeciles
Hairdressing
Art
Romantic Classical Music

RealityCheck is a terrorist, crybaby and poster of anti-scientific crap.
RealityCheck is the sound of one hand wanking.
Robittybob1
  Posted: Feb 19 2013, 07:31 AM

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Lady Elizabeth @ Feb 19 2013, 04:44 AM)
@RabidityCentral

We've currently 94k+ registered members - none of which have bothered to support you or your paranoid claims.

What does this tell you, imply?

Your continued frothings are deeply pathetic. Please do as I asked and see a psychiatrist - your crazytrain mind has not simply derailed, it's launched itself off down into a craggy ravine, so do something about it before you hit rock bottom gaga.

There might have been 94K members over the years but once they leave do they rescind their membership?
There seems to be only be 100 or so regular users.
Personally RC has never bothered me except in the last week when he couldn't let it go.
I did nothing toward his downfall yet I had warned RC several times to settle down. So I'm not surprised he has been banned again.
boit
Posted: Feb 21 2013, 07:00 PM

I miss RC.

--------------------
Boit was last taught physics in class way back in 1994. Whatever he's learnt thereafter is purely by personal effort through this forum and searching the net. He is not an authority in any matter science. Unless with clear referrence, what he puts forward is his own understanding of what he has read and may not always be correct. Peace.
boit
Posted: Feb 23 2013, 02:46 PM

Nickel.

--------------------
CrazyJesse
Posted: Mar 7 2013, 02:28 PM

Advanced Member

Positive Feedback: 100%
Feedback Score: 7

Since I will probably end up using some sort of ferrous/copper combination; what sort of electric quality will increase the electromagnetic flux in an electromagnet more? Amps, volts, or watts (I have very little knowledge of the electric side of Physics)?

A bit of an iron core is your cheapest, more powerful alternative. And with wire...go with copper.(with the shellac coating) It's about inductance...you'll need the amperage (current). You've got a little calculating to do. biggrin.gif

--------------------
I invented a new number. It has no value. It has no name.

I like Gina Carano. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4V0VWTtvobY&feature=related

You're calling it an aether. Whatever. Just know it's not similar to Space/Time.
It's either Spaces/Time or Space/No time.

String Theory is just fine, although it arrived two layers too early.

Topic Options

Add reply Start new topic Start new poll

Terms of use