Scientific Forums

Add reply · Start new topic · Start new poll

> The Human Body Is An Open System And Non- Equilibr, Does The Conservation Of Energy Apply
MasOyama
Posted: Mar 6 2013, 12:57 PM

Group: Members

Positive Feedback: 0%
Feedback Score: 0

I am a complete beginner in physics and need somebody who really understand this to explain this to me:

*I realize the human body is an open system and it is also a NON- equilibrium system

*It is my understanding that because of these two things, any attempt to apply the conservation of energy law to the human body would require an equation that is extremely complex- much, much more so than for closed system equilibrium thermodynamics.

Does the conservation of energy law even apply to the human body ? If so, do you have a rough idea of what the equation looks like?

A professor once told me that "the conservation of energy law does NOT apply to open systems where UNKNOWN amounts of energy may be gained or lost from it."

I wonder if such is the situation with the human body ? ( i.e. not applying)

Thanks.

Mas Oyama

This post has been edited by MasOyama on Mar 6 2013, 12:59 PM
s0cratus
Posted: Mar 6 2013, 02:48 PM

Advanced Member

Group: Power Member

Positive Feedback: 36.36%
Feedback Score: -44

QUOTE (MasOyama @ Mar 6 2013, 12:57 PM)
I am a complete beginner in physics and need somebody who really understand this to explain this to me:

*I realize the human body is an open system and it is also a NON- equilibrium system

*It is my understanding that because of these two things, any attempt to apply
the conservation of energy law to the human body would require an equation
that is extremely complex- much, much more so than for closed system    equilibrium thermodynamics.

Does the conservation of energy law even apply to the human body ?
If so, do you have a rough idea of what the equation looks like?

A professor once told me that "the conservation of energy law does NOT apply
to open systems where UNKNOWN amounts of energy may be gained
or lost from it."

I wonder if such is the situation with the human body ?  ( i.e. not applying)

Thanks.

Mas Oyama

There isn't ' Law of conservation of energy'.
There is
“ The law of conservation and transformation energy/mass”

=

--------------------
The secret of words 'God', 'soul ', 'religion', ‘ Existence’,
'dualism of consciousness', 'human being' hide
in the “Theory of Light quanta”.
MasOyama
Posted: Mar 6 2013, 03:25 PM

Group: Members

QUOTE (s0cratus @ Mar 6 2013, 02:48 PM)

There isn't ' Law of conservation of energy'.
There is 
“ The law of conservation and  transformation  energy/mass”

=

Hi s0ctratus,

Could you explain this further how it relates/applies or not applies to the human body being an open system and non - equilibrium?

As much detail as possible would be greatly appreciated. I want to learn this.

Thanks. smile.gif

This post has been edited by MasOyama on Mar 6 2013, 03:28 PM
Mekigal
Posted: Mar 6 2013, 04:26 PM

Advanced Member

QUOTE (MasOyama @ Mar 6 2013, 03:25 PM)

Hi s0ctratus,

Could you explain this further how it relates/applies or not applies to the human body being an open system and non - equilibrium?

As much detail as possible would be greatly appreciated. I want to learn this.

Thanks. smile.gif

Who are you < That is an interesting monogram you have .

It is not completely open , There are eddies and spill ways like a river instead of a machine . There are closed systems also . It is many many systems combined that cover a wide spectrum of possibilities evolved over a course of billions of years . Complex-ed systems evolved by breakage of old systems and integration of new ones adapted. A percentage of you is not even human . More then you would think .

So think conglomerate of systems instead of a narrow one sided organism . But they interconnect and cross over in harmonic comparability out of necessity to survive .

Do you know Jim Messina ? That is strange I just flashed on me high school Encina .

Mecina . See that is strange < How do you explain that Mammy Obama
Mekigal
Posted: Mar 6 2013, 04:43 PM

Advanced Member

so yes it does . Like me father in Alaska navigating B52s . Flying over the north Pole was dangerous in them days and navigation was a little trickier . Engines would cut out too . So many times they landed on one wing being the right or left engines was out . Like a lame duck they would land that puppy so can you see the projection of human ability in that . We can gimp as you watch a soldier with a blown off leg before he gets his prosthetic. Lop sided systems can work with compensation .

Being blind is an example and other systems compensate for inadequacies of the other systems .

So I don't know what you mean by equilibrium either < do you even understand that word . Course I look at it from economics and maybe that is the way it should be when you are talking about conservation of energy .

Equilibrium don't mean balance necessarily. It is more of a most bang for the buck so to speak and is formula dependent all the way < Marketers and sales analysis define quite clear how to find the equilibrium of all systems < The highest potential of reward or optimum out put for power input . It is economics 101 .

Don't ask me the formula , don't remember right now and don't want to waste me brain power remembering , but with a little search engine you could find it your self.

So in that you can work backwards by taking a system and then figuring out what the equilibrium of that system is . It is all basic circle of life stuff and circle of influences too. The bee needs the flower my love
Mekigal
Posted: Mar 6 2013, 05:04 PM

Advanced Member

Catch 22 < Holy horse hockey pucks in the head . You know what that is

Fly boy missions and the more you fly the more there is a chance you crash and die

So the B52s were like that < sometimes they would crash right on the run way .

One time my dads good friend did just that and he went out to the sight and found a shoe < it still had the mans foot in the shoe .

See that is strange , My step father had the same experience from a car accident. Severed shoe with a foot still in it .

You got any idea why the meme would be double duty like that ? It was the B52 prompt that leaked that out of me. Catch 22 is inspirational if you never read the book or seen the movie . It is a carpenters life and some how we manage to have 3 or 4 hands to make it happen , but all while we only have 2 hands . Mechanics are the same way.

I would venture most installers of anything are .

Are you here to spam grapefruit < I hate Grapefruit . Taste terrible . My son needs whole milk too so stop incentivising slim fat stuff cause one size don't fit all < He can't get his fat requirement as it is much less subsidizing controlled substance like milk .

When you gonna get on board me project to chance life as we know it and beautify Haiti to the point that supersedes Hawaii. You know it has that potential . Land that puppy . Me friends are waiting for public support from elitism . Elitism is slow to the table < Have you seen what I can do with my word ? It is intriguing and there is a mystery there big time . Voo doo Yeap . Big time Voo Doo or should I say Tai me too the river. Tai To . Washing Me down .

O.K. relax Mommy state . Nothing to get excited about . Breath deep and say every thing will be O.K.. Im o.k. you are O.K. . Breath deep and relax

Topic Options

Add reply · Start new topic · Start new poll

Terms of use