Scientific Forums

Pages: (2) 1 [2]   ( Go to first unread post )

Closed Topic · Start new topic · Start new poll

> Can time freeze in space?, Is it possible?

Can time freeze in space?
YES [ 4 ]  [50.00%]
NO [ 4 ]  [50.00%]
Total Votes: 8

amrit
Posted on Aug 14 2006, 02:24 PM

THE ONLY TIME EXISTS IS INNER TIME

Group: Members

Positive Feedback: 30.86%
Feedback Score: -203

nature is not tricky at all
nature is simple
our mind is tricky

--------------------
The universe is in a continuous change. A change n gets transformed into a change n+1, the change n+1 into a change n+2 and so on. Clocks measure a frequency, velocity and numerical order of change. Changes do not occur in time, changes occur in space only. Time is not a part of space. In the space there is no past and no future. Past and future belong to the inner time that is a result of neuronal activity of the brain.
Sphinx
Posted on Aug 16 2006, 06:00 AM

Group: Members

Positive Feedback: 0%
Feedback Score: 0

The faster you travel, the slower your time goes. To stop tiem you must travel exactly at the speed of light, that is frozen time.
Turya
Posted on Aug 16 2006, 11:47 AM

Unregistered

QUOTE (amrit @ Aug 14 2006, 02:24 PM)
nature is not tricky at all
nature is simple

That's for sure but you must have a very open child-mind (which is highest form of it) to SEE because eye is even most tricky than mind.
So motion is not time in space - time is dynamics of all cosmic levels themselves.
savvys84
Posted on Apr 22 2012, 09:20 AM

Unregistered

Yes time dilation and freezing is possible
as i discovered thru my own research
Whitewolf4869
Posted on Apr 22 2012, 02:39 PM

Advanced Member

Group: Power Member

Who are you talking too?
They all went home! laugh.gif

--------------------
Flyingbuttressman
A pillar in the house of GOD
White wolf has spoken!
AlexG
Posted on Apr 23 2012, 06:23 AM

Advanced Member

Positive Feedback: 73.91%
Feedback Score: 108

QUOTE (savvys84 @ Apr 22 2012, 04:20 AM)
Yes time dilation and freezing is possible
as i discovered thru my own research

Frozen time is why this dip responded to a 6 year old post.

--------------------
Its the way nature is!
If you dont like it, go somewhere else....
To another universe, where the rules are simpler
Philosophically more pleasing, more psychologically easy
Prof Richard Fyenman (1979) .....

God does not roll dice with the Universe" - A. Einstein

"God not only plays dice with the Universe, He rolls them where you can't see" - N. Bohr

Robittybob1
Posted on Apr 23 2012, 09:09 AM

Advanced Member

QUOTE (AlexG @ Apr 23 2012, 06:23 AM)
Frozen time is why this dip responded to a 6 year old post.

@Alex - nothing will make you happy. You miss the old forum, and then complain if someone post to an old thread. Don't worry be happy.
flyingbuttressman
Posted on Apr 23 2012, 11:43 AM

noblesse oblige / nullius in verba

Positive Feedback: 68.66%
Feedback Score: 166

QUOTE (Robittybob1 @ Apr 23 2012, 05:09 AM)
@Alex - nothing will make you happy. You miss the old forum, and then complain if someone post to an old thread. Don't worry be happy.

It's forum etiquette. You don't revive old posts for no reason, especially not to answer half-decade-old questions.

--------------------
"The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not 'Eureka!' but 'That's funny...' "
- Isaac Asimov

Hall of Shame -

"The days of correct spelling are over."
- Whitewolf4869
Mekigal
Posted on Apr 23 2012, 02:52 PM

Advanced Member

QUOTE (AlphaNumeric @ Jun 22 2006, 04:45 PM)
No you won't. Just because the gravity is strong doesn't mean that you'll be accelerated to light speed.

No matter the gravity, you cannot be accelerated to light speed and just because the space-time curvature is so much light cannot escape doesn't mean that the 'gravity' of the black hole at it's event horizon is extreme. The surface gravity for a Schwarzchild black hole is (in natural units) g = 1/4M, where M is the black hole mass. For a HUGE black hole the gravity at it's event horizon is hardly noticable, yet light cannot escape. It's a strange result.

I know this old . I am just seeing it for the first time . This puts the image of a boat just before it falls off a waterfall . Like dragging the bottom of the river while water rushes by. I know it is not the same , but that was the image I got from Alphies quote . Drag comes to mind and light is not subject to the drag
Mekigal
Posted on Apr 23 2012, 03:03 PM

Advanced Member

What do you all think it would take to blow up a big black hole ? What could could you use for trigger , or a primer ? I bet that would be one big bang !! Yohza!
synthsin75
Posted on Apr 23 2012, 10:52 PM

Ex Nihilo

Positive Feedback: 93.75%
Feedback Score: 22

QUOTE (Whistleblower @ Apr 23 2012, 04:48 PM)
He just deletes all 'inconvenient' references to his unconscionable bhaviour and then says the whistleblower is harassing readers of the board.

No, he is just hoping that someone who was rightfully banned will eventually be an adult and quit sulking about it. Barring such maturity, the moderator has an obligation to keep banned members from trolling the forum.

--------------------
Any future development must involve changing something which people have never challenged up to the present,
and which will not be shown up by an axiomatic formulation. -P.A.M.Dirac
Send PM ·
synthsin75
Posted on Apr 23 2012, 11:44 PM

Ex Nihilo

QUOTE (Guest @ Apr 23 2012, 05:09 PM)
Oh, rpenner and his sycophantic parrots are allowed to act like spoilt children complete with infantile ego and prejudices, and are allowed to avoid answering the actual points of questions by simply by being allowed to run way from them and when that is no longer tenable then the questioner and the question is made to 'conveniently disappear' as if they never were?

You don't get it. You've lost any right to pose questions, and all by your own doing, TWICE! Be a man. Get over it, instead of ranting like a spoiled child.

QUOTE (Terms of use)
This agreement governs your access to Physforum.com (http://Physforum.com) ("Physforum.com" or "we") facilities, message boards, and services (collectively the "Service"). In consideration for your right to use the Service, you agree as follows:

SERVICE PROVIDED

Physforum.com is not obligated to monitor the Service, but may do so and may remove or edit any message or adjust your access to the Service. Messages that Physforum may, in its sole discretion, elect to remove or edit include without limitation those which violate the "Restrictions" enumerated herein.

Be an adult and live with the agreement you entered into by using this service. Oh wait, I forgot, you are a troll, with absolutely no compunction against demonstrating your lack of integrity.

--------------------
Any future development must involve changing something which people have never challenged up to the present,
Send PM ·
synthsin75
Posted on Apr 24 2012, 01:55 AM

Ex Nihilo

QUOTE (Whistleblowing @ Apr 23 2012, 07:36 PM)
Unless you UNban RealityCheck, the forum and any passersby will be continuously made aware of your unconscionable and anti-science-discourse conduct.

Extortion by trolling. Is that the kind of person you REALLY are?

--------------------
Send PM ·
synthsin75
Posted on Apr 24 2012, 02:49 AM

Ex Nihilo

QUOTE (Guest @ Apr 23 2012, 08:23 PM)
First you claim that only "approved" posters can ask science questions on a science site!

I never said "approved". But sure, in the sense that they may be a legit poster who hasn't already squandered all of their chances/warnings before being permanently banned.

Now you call speaking up for one's rights and whistleblowing in the open forum "extortion" and "trolling"?

What rights? Show me in the user agreement or terms of use where you are guaranteed ANY rights. You've subverted a legitimate banning and are now violating your own agreement.

QUOTE (Dunning–Kruger and projection)

Only UNbanning RealityCheck will redress the unfair treatment....anything short of that is just reinforcing your and rpenner's tactics of prejudicially and unscientificallt removing rights from a genuine poster who asked questions from which you and others ran away and then resorted to deleting/banning for your own ends and then blaming the victim.

I answered much more of your nonsense than was probably reasonable. Just because you've refused to accept answers doesn't mean they weren't given.

No extortion. Just fair request to regain the rights so unconscionably taken away...

I've yet to see any request, which would imply accepting the answer to such a request. What I have seen is threats to continue to troll indefinitely if you don't get you way.

--------------------
Send PM ·
flyingbuttressman
Posted on Apr 24 2012, 03:01 AM

noblesse oblige / nullius in verba

Positive Feedback: 68.66%
Feedback Score: 166

Wow, this is just getting pitiful.

--------------------
"The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not 'Eureka!' but 'That's funny...' "
- Isaac Asimov

Hall of Shame -

"The days of correct spelling are over."
- Whitewolf4869

Topic Options Pages: (2) 1 [2] 

Closed Topic · Start new topic · Start new poll

Terms of use